Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle 36 Gibson Southern 6
(08-21-2023, 06:21 AM)Advicegiver74 Wrote:
(08-20-2023, 12:29 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-19-2023, 11:30 PM)HighViz Wrote: Gibson was very disciplined, good team.  They were great tacklers.  Decent speed with 2 and 6. From what I could tell on the TV they doubled Quissenberry every play.

Bull Butter. They looked like they were just standing around.
Just Boyle speed makes them look that slow I think a majority of 4a teams will have a similar look when Boyle plays them

There's no doubt how good Boyle County is. A bad defense is still a bad defense and a good defense is a good defense. A good defense won't give up that many points.
It was still a much better first game competition wise than the last few years has been for BC when they played in the bowl game at Mercer Co. I would have loved to see us playing Bowling Green in the bowl at WKU but was told they wouldn’t play us again this year. Gibson Southern was 24-2 over the last 2 seasons and from what I read about them they lost more starters from their 21 championship team than from their team last year.
(08-20-2023, 02:07 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(08-20-2023, 01:14 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Congrats on a good win. I have a feeling we should just put the runner up trophy in the mail tomorrow!! (Haha I figured I’d join in with the trolls!). How did Q do with the double team? Honestly I’d be willing to bet that if someone doubled teamed him and he put up minimal numbers boyle would still be a tough out. Too many weapons across the field. And one of the best minds in the state on the sideline

Dave Cox thought he was replaceable.

Seems like both Corbin and Boyle could have used better tests for their opening games.  Hughes& Gibson wouldn't sniff a title in  1A , 2A, or 3A if they played in KY.
Agreed. Not sure what Boyle is doing playing Gibson, looked like a hyped up scrimmage to me. So yes, Boyle and Corbin needed better test out the gate. Boyle better bring AAAA game Friday because Cutter Boley and Brady Hensley are a tough out from what I seen on film. Hounds got another Easy 40 point Win Friday in North Hardin. Elam will have 300 plus passing yards and the Hounds run 200 yards on the ground. Head scratcher why two top teams in State elect to play Hughes and Gibson as openers. LCA will be a good test for Boyle tho. Still think Boyle wins but LCA is pretty darn good.
Gibson Southern 44 Hughes 14 in the Cal Preps project a matchup. Those two teams aren't really close.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-21-2023, 10:44 AM)Waitaminute Wrote: Gibson Southern 44 Hughes 14 in the Cal Preps project a matchup. Those two teams aren't really close.

Knott County Central beat Jenkins 55-8. Neither team is good.