Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle 36 Gibson Southern 6
Final.
Congratulations Boyle!!!
Congrats Boyle!!!
Boyle is definitely the team to beat in 4a that defense had Gibson QB running for his life
(08-19-2023, 10:39 PM)Advicegiver74 Wrote: Boyle is definitely the team to beat in 4a that defense had Gibson QB running for his life

Boyle is good. Gibson is weak. No defense whatsoever.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Cowboy42
Gibson was very disciplined, good team. They were great tacklers. Decent speed with 2 and 6. From what I could tell on the TV they doubled Quissenberry every play.
[-] The following 3 users Like HighViz's post:
  • Bull got out!, Jack Lambert, Maroon Beech
I have a feeling Boyle’s offense will make a lot of teams look like their Defense is weak.
Gibson’s D was actually very good after the first quarter. It was just by the time they figured out what to do they were in a 29-0 hole. Boyle only scored one time the remainder of the game and that was on a series where Avery Bodner and Sage were both taking snaps.
[-] The following 1 user Likes CC117's post:
  • HighViz
(08-19-2023, 11:30 PM)HighViz Wrote: Gibson was very disciplined, good team.  They were great tacklers.  Decent speed with 2 and 6. From what I could tell on the TV they doubled Quissenberry every play.

Bull Butter. They looked like they were just standing around.
(08-20-2023, 12:11 AM)CC117 Wrote: Gibson’s D was actually very good after the first quarter.  It was just by the time they figured out what to do they were in a 29-0 hole.  Boyle only scored one time the remainder of the game and that was on a series where Avery Bodner and Sage were both taking snaps.

Boyle County is a very good team.  Gibson is not as good as advertised.
Congrats on a good win. I have a feeling we should just put the runner up trophy in the mail tomorrow!! (Haha I figured I’d join in with the trolls!). How did Q do with the double team? Honestly I’d be willing to bet that if someone doubled teamed him and he put up minimal numbers boyle would still be a tough out. Too many weapons across the field. And one of the best minds in the state on the sideline
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(08-20-2023, 01:14 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Congrats on a good win. I have a feeling we should just put the runner up trophy in the mail tomorrow!! (Haha I figured I’d join in with the trolls!). How did Q do with the double team? Honestly I’d be willing to bet that if someone doubled teamed him and he put up minimal numbers boyle would still be a tough out. Too many weapons across the field. And one of the best minds in the state on the sideline

Dave Cox thought he was replaceable.

Seems like both Corbin and Boyle could have used better tests for their opening games. Hughes& Gibson wouldn't sniff a title in 1A , 2A, or 3A if they played in KY.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Cowboy42
(08-20-2023, 02:07 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(08-20-2023, 01:14 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Congrats on a good win. I have a feeling we should just put the runner up trophy in the mail tomorrow!! (Haha I figured I’d join in with the trolls!). How did Q do with the double team? Honestly I’d be willing to bet that if someone doubled teamed him and he put up minimal numbers boyle would still be a tough out. Too many weapons across the field. And one of the best minds in the state on the sideline

Seems like both Corbin and Boyle could have used better tests for their opening games.  Hughes& Gibson wouldn't sniff a title in  1A , 2A, or 3A if they played in KY.
Yea ain’t that ironic. The good ole boys. Hughes and looking at the highlights of Gibson. Seemed like they both had some real good play makers, just lacked the total package. Gibson I’d say would blow Hughes out as well. I think someone said, they looked to have a good or at least a decent D. But it’s hard to schedule a year out especially for bowls and out of state. But both will get a test very soon. LC, FD, JC for Corbin and Scott co, LC, and FD for the Rebs. I’ve been hearing Lex Christian didn’t look to great thus far but I haven’t seen them. I figured boyle might have another heavyweight on the schedule, but we all know what they have. They know what they have. Shy of multiple injuries, a title team. Has anyone seen anything from Cov cath?
(08-20-2023, 12:02 AM)Hatz Wrote: I have a feeling Boyle’s offense will make a lot of teams look like their Defense is weak.

They have an explosive offense  that will exploit weakness. The defense is weak if they make it look that way Smile

Q was freely running around and wreaking  havoc with nobody even close to him. lol. It's going to be hard to slow The Rebels down.
Congratulations to Boyle County
(08-20-2023, 03:30 AM)Hound05 Wrote:

Seems like both Corbin and Boyle could have used better tests for their opening games.  Hughes& Gibson wouldn't sniff a title in  1A , 2A, or 3A if they played in KY.
Yea ain’t that ironic. The good ole boys. Hughes and looking at the highlights of Gibson. Seemed like they both had some real good play makers, just lacked the total package. Gibson I’d say would blow Hughes out as well. I think someone said, they looked to have a good or at least a decent D. But it’s hard to schedule a year out especially for bowls and out of state. But both will get a test very soon. LC, FD, JC for Corbin and Scott co, LC, and FD for the Rebs. I’ve been hearing Lex Christian didn’t look to great thus far but I haven’t seen them. I figured boyle might have another heavyweight on the schedule, but we all know what they have. They know what they have. Shy of multiple injuries, a title team. Has anyone seen anything from Cov cath?
Gibson Was the 43rd ranked team in Indiana.  4th ranked team in 3 A.  Someone remind me what Hughes was.
(08-20-2023, 11:06 AM)HighViz Wrote:

Gibson Was the 43rd ranked team in Indiana.  4th ranked team in 3 A.  Someone remind me what Hughes was.

Smile 343rd ranked team….

I watched LCA play Bowling Green and offensively they are very solid.  Their RB had over 400 yards total offense and 7 touchdowns in that game.  The defense was a bit suspect but Bowling Green’s talent had a lot to do with that.  All in all  I would put LCA in the top 10 in the state regardless of class.
[-] The following 3 users Like Orange Blaze's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, HighViz
After the 1st quarter IMO Gibson Southern’s defense played very well and Tavy was double covered on almost every play so he didn’t touch the ball as much as I would’ve expected, Brown is expected to play next week against LCA and should make a difference on offense and in the secondary.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • Footballfan33
(08-20-2023, 02:30 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: After the 1st quarter IMO Gibson Southern’s defense played very well and Tavy  was double covered on almost every play so he didn’t touch the ball as much as I would’ve expected, Brown is expected to play next week against LCA and should make a difference on offense and in the secondary.

I bet you laughed out loud when you said their defense played well. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Westside
After the first quarter it was a 7-6 game Boyle the rest of the way. Their defense did play well in quarters 2-4. Boyle’s starters were in the whole way. There was some rotating at a few positions but I didn’t notice alot
(08-20-2023, 04:38 PM)CC117 Wrote: After the first quarter it was a 7-6 game Boyle the rest of the way.  Their defense did play well in quarters 2-4.  Boyle’s starters were in the whole way.  There was some rotating at a few positions but I didn’t notice alot

29-0 Boyle to start the game till 2:26 in the second quarter and GS scores a touchdown. Then Boyle adds one in the 3rd . So GS was able to slow Boyles offense in the second half. But early it was all Boyle County. Actually from the 2:26 mark in the 2cd quarter to the end of the game, Boyle won 7-6
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Jack Lambert
(08-20-2023, 02:33 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-20-2023, 02:30 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: After the 1st quarter IMO Gibson Southern’s defense played very well and Tavy  was double covered on almost every play so he didn’t touch the ball as much as I would’ve expected, Brown is expected to play next week against LCA and should make a difference on offense and in the secondary.

I bet you laughed out loud when you said their defense played well. :D

Not at all Doug we must have watched two different games I watched the game in person and I’m just calling it like I see it.
When Brown comes back the double teaming Tavey is over. Pick your poison!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Footballfan33's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(08-20-2023, 05:00 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(08-20-2023, 02:33 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

I bet you laughed out loud when you said their defense played well. Big Grin

Not at all Doug we must have watched two different games I watched the game in person and I’m just calling it like I see it.
I watched it too and the first half was comical. It was like Boyle County was the only team on the field . Boyle County is about as good as any team in the state,but there is no way that defense can be called  good
(08-20-2023, 05:24 PM)Footballfan33 Wrote: When Brown comes back the double teaming Tavey is over. Pick your poison!!

That's for sure
(08-20-2023, 12:11 AM)CC117 Wrote: Gibson’s D was actually very good after the first quarter.  It was just by the time they figured out what to do they were in a 29-0 hole.  Boyle only scored one time the remainder of the game and that was on a series where Avery Bodner and Sage were both taking snaps.
Boyle didn't score because Haddix shit down the play book. He had 3 different kids take snaps and will have 4 once he opens the playbook up. Boyle could've scored 50 easily
(08-20-2023, 12:29 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-19-2023, 11:30 PM)HighViz Wrote: Gibson was very disciplined, good team.  They were great tacklers.  Decent speed with 2 and 6. From what I could tell on the TV they doubled Quissenberry every play.

Bull Butter. They looked like they were just standing around.
Just Boyle speed makes them look that slow I think a majority of 4a teams will have a similar look when Boyle plays them
Typically teams don’t ‘shut the playbook’ and quit playing until the clock runs. And Boyle never got it there