Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 62 Breathitt County 28
One more week and we will see that what has been said all year is true...Belfry is the best in 3A in 2007...
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:He had a display at Russell last week too. So I know what your are saying.....

I guess he was frustrated that his team was getting blown out in a state semi final game. My biggest deal with his display is that the game was well over and there as nothing his tirade was going to about it...I am so glad that there are some legit programs in eastern kentucky, such as Russell and Belfry who have coaches that understand what class is and know how to maintain their composure.
Belfry_99 Wrote:I guess he was frustrated that his team was getting blown out in a state semi final game. My biggest deal with his display is that the game was well over and there as nothing his tirade was going to about it...I am so glad that there are some legit programs in eastern kentucky, such as Russell and Belfry who have coaches that understand what class is and know how to maintain their composure.

It'd been different if this was still a ballgame, and he was just doing something to fire his troops up.. It looked to me like he was just a sore loser.. Because there was nothing wrong with that call.. The game was called fairly decent.. Only thing that could have been said is that Breathitt spent the whole first quarter in the neutral zone on D... And there were alot of missed facemask calls.. 1 was called on Breathitt, but 2 were missed that should have been called, and one against Belfry.. I just can't believe Mike Holcomb was allowed to act like he did out on the field without a flag, or being ejected..
mrfootball03 Wrote:It'd been different if this was still a ballgame, and he was just doing something to fire his troops up.. It looked to me like he was just a sore loser.. Because there was nothing wrong with that call.. The game was called fairly decent.. Only thing that could have been said is that Breathitt spent the whole first quarter in the neutral zone on D... And there were alot of missed facemask calls.. 1 was called on Breathitt, but 2 were missed that should have been called, and one against Belfry.. I just can't believe Mike Holcomb was allowed to act like he did out on the field without a flag, or being ejected..

I know what you are saying about the neutral zone, they lived in it and were never penalized..
They tended to start early on offense against us, quite a bit and was never called either. But OH well..... They played a better game than us and that is what got them to belfry tonight. I am just glad for the Pirates. Great job once again..
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Congrats Belfry!!
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats Belfry.
cobra67 Wrote:WayTo Go Big Red Machine Absolutely the finest display of football I've ever seen.WOW
On to Louisville baby!!!!!!! Congrats to Breathittt On a great season..

Couldn't have said it better myself :thumpsup:

WAY TO GO PIRATES!!!!
What a game!! Freshman gets playing time in the state semi final:Clap: .....what does that say for our varsity :flame:Here we come Papa Johns!

TongueirateSho :Thumbs: Congrats Pirates!!:letsparty
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I'm as clueless as you... if I am not mistaken they use multiple sets. Last year they used alot of single back and pro-sets, but they have a new coach in place. Hopefully Johnson Central fans can enlighten us a bit on them.

JC come out with a game plan and played them very physical. They busted them in the mouth all night long. They got tired of it and basically gave up. They began to walk on and off the field, out of the huddle, and just went through the motions. Kill their will, bust them in the mouth, and you all should have no problem with them. Best of luck next week, can't wait to watch you all bring back another title.
Uncle Buck Wrote:JC come out with a game plan and played them very physical. They busted them in the mouth all night long. They got tired of it and basically gave up. They began to walk on and off the field, out of the huddle, and just went through the motions. Kill their will, bust them in the mouth, and you all should have no problem with them. Best of luck next week, can't wait to watch you all bring back another title.

That is pretty much what I was told by someone who watched the Central/Johnson Central game. I was told Central is very athletic, but Belfry should run the ball down their throats...
belfry forever Wrote:That is pretty much what I was told by someone who watched the Central/Johnson Central game. I was told Central is very athletic, but Belfry should run the ball down their throats...

Thats what I hear too and I sure hope so!!! Everybody knows anything can happen on any given night. We have to show up and stay in the game :redboxer:
Good luck Belfry! All of us back here in the mountains will be pulling for you to bring home another title!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
What in the world happened? I was THERE, I SAW it all, and while I'm proud of my boys, I'm still kinda in shock. How on earth did that happen?

EVERY team we've played has let me down this year, even JCHS (we were up 28-0 until Drew went out and they scored 2 late passing TDs). Don't get me wrong, I love that the guys are undefeated, but to win the way they have this year in pretty much every game is almost unbelievable. The REALLY scary thing, and it's even worse if you AREN'T a Pirate, is that over half of them will be back next year!

I love you guys, and I'm proud as a big brother ever could be, of all of you! John my bubb, you brought it tonight, even with your injury you killed everything that got near you Tongue. Maydo, Charlie, you all ran like madmen, and stuffed everything they brought your way back down their throats! Phil & Corey, my skinny fatmen, you all just dominate up front! Randy, I doubt there's a center in the state who could handle you for 48 minutes, even though you give up 6 inches to 'em all! Ryan, nobody's perfect, but other than those 2 plays you DID have a good game, so don't get down on yourself. Thomas & Timmy: I don't know you two like I do the others, but you both got game. I can only imagine what you two will be like 2 years from now, much less next season Tongue

OLine: you punk out pretty much every defensive front you face, and almost every play. You 5 are a very big part of our trip to Louisville next weekend! Like I said, Granny could run with the holes you guys open up. I'm even more impressed because at the start of the season, 2 of you weren't going to be starting Tongue You guys step up every play and make everything else work though, and Maydo, Charlie, Drew, and Ivan would be lost without you guys! I only know 2 of you: Jimbo and Randy, but I'm glad you young men do what you do so well Smile
how alot of people thought that coming into this game that belfry was overrated...they beat a great team tonight...thus showing that they ARE "The real Deal"...now this is a dream right now...going undefeated and having a great shot at a state tital..honestly how many teams get the shot for a championship..much less going undefeated..this is THE dream team...so a warm congrats goes out to all the pirates who worked hard to win this...lets do this in honor of steve phillips the voice of the belfry pirates..we love and miss you mr. phillips

LETS GO BIG RED MACHINE!!
:letsparty
Congrats Pirates!! and good luck next week bring it back home.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Belfry_99 Wrote:I guess he was frustrated that his team was getting blown out in a state semi final game. My biggest deal with his display is that the game was well over and there as nothing his tirade was going to about it...I am so glad that there are some legit programs in eastern kentucky, such as Russell and Belfry who have coaches that understand what class is and know how to maintain their composure.

LOl the only way the Russell coaches well get wild on ya is if you take a beer or ham sandwich out of their hand. They are the calmest coaching staff Ive ever seen, except Morris he likes to get wild.
[COLOR="Black"]Tongueirate04: Tongueirate04: What was he thinking? I mean if it was supposed to fire his guys up? He failed at that because from that point on...It was all down hill for the Bobcats. I think it fired our boys up! And wow how tolerant the referees were with him. Then to allow his team to walk off the field and not accept their trophy...hmmmmmm...They had nothing to be ahamed of! They had an aweome year! To be honest, they are a great group of players. Belfry just played as the team tonight!!!! They were more physical! What about our sophomores coming through in the punch! We even got to put our freshman quarterback out a bit!!!

:letsparty I am so ready for the "Pizza Box!" Congratulations guys...for the class acts you are!Cool [/COLOR]
mrfootball03 Wrote:Belfry could have easily won this game 62-13..

And for Mike Holcomb.. That was a very classless thing to get out on the field and make a scene like he did. I do not know why he was not flagged for those actions.. Makes me happy that Phillip Haywood has too much class for something like that..

Oh, and what a hit Charley Dotson put on Fugate #3... He was out for a few plays he got nailed so hard..

IMHO, Somerset was tougher than Breathitt..
Congrats Belfry !!!!!!!!!!!!
I knew that Belfry would win but I did not see this score coming.
mrfootball03 Wrote:It'd been different if this was still a ballgame, and he was just doing something to fire his troops up.. It looked to me like he was just a sore loser.. Because there was nothing wrong with that call.. The game was called fairly decent.. Only thing that could have been said is that Breathitt spent the whole first quarter in the neutral zone on D... And there were alot of missed facemask calls.. 1 was called on Breathitt, but 2 were missed that should have been called, and one against Belfry.. I just can't believe Mike Holcomb was allowed to act like he did out on the field without a flag, or being ejected..

I stood in awe as the fans and announcer at Belfry were taunting the opposing team. I know it is one of the largest rivalries in Kentucky but somewhere the line should be drawn. I assume he was allowed to act that way due to the taunting that was going on when one of his players was hurt. Belfry is a very good football team and should be very greatful they have a first class coach in Haywood. He has done a good job keeping them together. As far as a trophy, when you come in 2nd, you lose, you are the last to lose, runner up, almost made it, etc. The TROPHY means NOTHING!

Did Russell not get beat by Breathitt, at Russell? I can almost assure you, that he is not the only one of these three schools coaches to ever act a fool.
To say he is not a "legit" coach is ridiculous. 3 state championships, 2 back to back undefeated seasons, 40+ game winning streak, KHSAA coach of the year, Kentucky All Star Head Coach. I guess you might, just might want to say he and his program are a little bit respectable. When a man gets provoked is he supposed to turn away, I think not! Why turn the other cheek and be consumed? Let it rest! Belfry was the better team all year long! Do not make them look like they are a bunch of "REDNECKS".
Journeyman Wrote:Did Russell not get beat by Breathitt, at Russell? I can almost assure you, that he is not the only one of these three schools coaches to ever act a fool.
To say he is not a "legit" coach is ridiculous. 3 state championships, 2 back to back undefeated seasons, 40+ game winning streak, KHSAA coach of the year, Kentucky All Star Head Coach. I guess you might, just might want to say he and his program are a little bit respectable. When a man gets provoked is he supposed to turn away, I think not! Why turn the other cheek and be consumed? Let it rest! Belfry was the better team all year long! Do not make them look like they are a bunch of "REDNECKS".

Journeyman, that would actually be considered "Belfry-Necks" (blitz 43, BGR), do to them roughing up Breathitt a little..... actually sounds like a lot.
Journeyman Wrote:Did Russell not get beat by Breathitt, at Russell? I can almost assure you, that he is not the only one of these three schools coaches to ever act a fool.

I never said he wasn't a legit coach or they weren't a legit program, I said some legit programs still have classy coaches, Show me where I stated that Breathitt is not a legit program, but tonight they got owned by the better team, but he lost his composure!.. All I stated is that I am glad there are some legit programs that still have classy head coaches. Holcomb was never provoked until he started his tirade, then the fans let him know what they thought about it.
mrfootball03 Wrote:Belfry could have easily won this game 62-13..

And for Mike Holcomb.. That was a very classless thing to get out on the field and make a scene like he did. I do not know why he was not flagged for those actions.. Makes me happy that Phillip Haywood has too much class for something like that..

Oh, and what a hit Charley Dotson put on Fugate #3... He was out for a few plays he got nailed so hard..

IMHO, Somerset was tougher than Breathitt..

Did I see them walking off and leaving without accepting their trophy? I got the feeling they were not very good sports??
BHSdude91 Wrote:how alot of people thought that coming into this game that belfry was overrated...they beat a great team tonight...thus showing that they ARE "The real Deal"...now this is a dream right now...going undefeated and having a great shot at a state tital..honestly how many teams get the shot for a championship..much less going undefeated..this is THE dream team...so a warm congrats goes out to all the pirates who worked hard to win this...lets do this in honor of steve phillips the voice of the belfry pirates..we love and miss you mr. phillips

LETS GO BIG RED MACHINE!!
:letsparty

Well said BHSdude.
Congrats To Belfry... You Guys Have An Awesome Stadium...Loved It!
Belfry_99 Wrote:I never said he wasn't a legit coach or they weren't a legit program, I said some legit programs still have classy coaches, Show me where I stated that Breathitt is not a legit program, but tonight they got owned by the better team, but he lost his composure!.. All I stated is that I am glad there are some legit programs that still have classy head coaches. Holcomb was never provoked until he started his tirade, then the fans let him know what they thought about it.

I'm a Belfry-Neck!!!! Smile
mrfootball03 Wrote:Oh, and what a hit Charley Dotson put on Fugate #3... He was out for a few plays he got nailed so hard..
Neither Fugate is #3. That is Allen I believe one of the WRs.
Congrats Pirates!

As soon as Maydo blocked that extra point kick, to keep it 14-13, Breathitt's momentum went down the drain. Belfry capatilized.

Bring it back home next Friday!