Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 62 Breathitt County 28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Final
Congrats Belfry
I seen this one coming
Congrats Belfry
Bring it home to the east guys G/L next week
Congrats on a big win! Way to crank the CAM Pond Creek Nation! We have the best team, coaches, and fans!!!! Looking forward to Papa Johns!
Complete domination for the Pirates, they basically did anything they wanted to do on the offensive side of the ball. Like I said in the updates, I have waited 5 long years for revenge against the Bobcats and it was worth the wait.
Great job Belfry.

A talented but young Breathitt team was overwhelmed by turnovers and the physicality of Belfry. Belfry's defense is one of the best in the state despite of class.
Congrats Pirates!!!!!
i hate to say it, but no one can stop the big red machine:flame:
Congrats Belfry!
Dazed&Confused Wrote:i hate to say it, but no one can stop the big red machine:flame:
Congrats Belfry!

Now why would you hate to say it?Wink I would love to say it but in all honesty how does any of us know just how good Tilghman or Central will match up with the Pirates.
Gratz Belfry!! On To Another Championship!!!
Not shocked! Great win Big Red!
wooderson Wrote:Now why would you hate to say it?Wink I would love to say it but in all honesty how does any of us know just how good Tilghman or Central will match up with the Pirates.

For the first time in a long time....I honestly don't have a clue.
We have heard so much about our D-line all year long. Tonight was all about the offensive line. They dominated!
WayTo Go Big Red Machine Absolutely the finest display of football I've ever seen.WOW
On to Louisville baby!!!!!!! Congrats to Breathittt On a great season..
Congrats Belfry!
Pond Creek Wrote:We have heard so much about our D-line all year long. Tonight was all about the offensive line. They dominated!
People who really know football have recognized how dominant Belfry's o-line is. Your's is a very good post.
:letsparty WooHoo.....Congrats PiratesTongueirateSho TongueirateSho

wooderson Wrote:Now why would you hate to say it?Wink I would love to say it but in all honesty how does any of us know just how good Tilghman or Central will match up with the Pirates.

I have a little bit of insight on Lou. Central from where I lived in Louisville last year. Go to http://www.courier-journal.com and you can find their roster on there, here is the cliff note's version of what we can expect:

OFFENSE
- More speed and pure athleticism than Belfry at the skill spots,,, but speed and pure athleticism is all they ahev the advantage of there. Big/Strong/Slow O-line, their QB Leland Banks is a heckuva player and being looked at by D-1 schools, they ahve soem solid rceeievrs but their forte' is the running game.

DEFENSE
-From a physical standpoint they are the only team in 3A that can match up with Belfry's size. Pair of D-1 prospects at B, their bets dfeensive player si Mister Cobble (yeah that's his real name) on the D-line. Centrla always ahs good defensive linemen, this si the school that produced UK's Cory Peters and Michigan's Bryant McKinny... McKinny's younger brother actually plays for Central.

OVERALL
-They will pose us some problems with their size and athleticism. Central is amagnet school that draws students from all-across Louisville, they are what you would consider the "inner city" school, and Papa John's will literally be in some of these kid's back yard. Belfry better bring their A-game, Central is no joke. Central ahs played possibly the toughest schedule in the state and proved they could play with anyone in the state, but Belfry has proved that they could BEAT any team in the state.
Congrats Belfry, bring to the East!! Congrats on a great season Breathitt... see ya next season..
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I have a little bit of insight on Lou. Central from where I lived in Louisville last year. Go to www.courier-journal.com and you can find their roster on there, here is the cliff note's version of what we can expect:

OFFENSE
- More speed and pure athleticism than Belfry at the skill spots,,, but speed and pure athleticism is all they ahev the advantage of there. Big/Strong/Slow O-line, their QB Leland Banks is a heckuva player and being looked at by D-1 schools, they ahve soem solid rceeievrs but their forte' is the running game.

DEFENSE
-From a physical standpoint they are the only team in 3A that can match up with Belfry's size. Pair of D-1 prospects at B, their bets dfeensive player si Mister Cobble (yeah that's his real name) on the D-line. Centrla always ahs good defensive linemen, this si the school that produced UK's Cory Peters and Michigan's Bryant McKinny... McKinny's younger brother actually plays for Central.

OVERALL
-They will pose us some problems with their size and athleticism. Central is amagnet school that draws students from all-across Louisville, they are what you would consider the "inner city" school, and Papa John's will literally be in some of these kid's back yard. Belfry better bring their A-game, Central is no joke. Central ahs played possibly the toughest schedule in the state and proved they could play with anyone in the state, but Belfry has proved that they could BEAT any team in the state.

The kid at the Big House's name is James McKinney, and yes Corey Peters is from there, too.

It should be a real test, but as far as what kind of offense they run, defensive scheme, strengths, weaknesses, etc., I'm in the dark so if you know throw it out here.
DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!! TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great Job Belfry!!!!!!!!!!!!
BoondockSaint Wrote:The kid at the Big House's name is James McKinney, and yes Corey Peters is from there, too.

It should be a real test, but as far as what kind of offense they run, defensive scheme, strengths, weaknesses, etc., I'm in the dark so if you know throw it out here.

I'm as clueless as you... if I am not mistaken they use multiple sets. Last year they used alot of single back and pro-sets, but they have a new coach in place. Hopefully Johnson Central fans can enlighten us a bit on them.

One interesting sidenote, in the Central/JC game earleir this year Lou. Central's coach did not trade tapes with Matney
after he got his hands on the JC/Woodford County game. I have a feeling Matney will gladly offer up the video to Belfry as well as any creative input on how to defeat them.
Congrats Belfry and Congrats Breathitt on a good season.

Pirates bring it home to the mountains next week!!!!
Belfry could have easily won this game 62-13..

And for Mike Holcomb.. That was a very classless thing to get out on the field and make a scene like he did. I do not know why he was not flagged for those actions.. Makes me happy that Phillip Haywood has too much class for something like that..

Oh, and what a hit Charley Dotson put on Fugate #3... He was out for a few plays he got nailed so hard..

IMHO, Somerset was tougher than Breathitt..
Yes, Yes, Yes,Yes,Yes, Yes, Yes,Yes,Yes, Yes, Yes,Yes, I can't wait for the game at Papa Johns. I'll be there. Go Pirates. I can wear my normal school colors. I live in Powell Co. but I was raised across the river from Belfry in Mingo Co., WV (Gilbert)
Get em' Pirates.
mrfootball03 Wrote:Belfry could have easily won this game 62-13..

And for Mike Holcomb.. That was a very classless thing to get out on the field and make a scene like he did. I do not know why he was not flagged for those actions.. Makes me happy that Phillip Haywood has too much class for something like that..

Oh, and what a hit Charley Dotson put on Fugate #3... He was out for a few plays he got nailed so hard..

IMHO, Somerset was tougher than Breathitt..

Careful. I made those same remarks about their coach and almost got skinned alive.....LOLSmile
Congratulations to all Belfry coaches, staff, players, managers and their families. Just got home and we are ready to pack our suitcases.......Look out Louisville...HERE COME THE PIRATES!
He had a display at Russell last week too. So I know what your are saying.....
Pages: 1 2 3 4