Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Corbin
35.09%
Boyle County
64.91%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin vs Boyle (KHSAA 4A State Championship)
(11-26-2022, 12:02 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 11:14 AM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 10:42 AM)True pioneer Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 02:55 AM)Waitaminute Wrote: Corbin by 14. Boyle isn’t physical enough to play with them.

If you don't think Boyle is physically enough just ask central wide receivers and backfield. Everyone has their own opinions, but I think you will see different come next friday

Exactly what I was thinking True Pioneer, Boyle was way more Physical than Central last night, that’s one thing that has remained constant since Chuck Smith took over all those years ago very seldom does Boyle play a team that’s more physical than Boyle it’s their brand of football and if you think they’re not physical then you haven’t watched them play!!!
Boyle isn’t playing Central. They’re playing corbin. They’re about to see what smash mouth football is really about. The entitled Boyle County crew is in for a rude awakening.
LOL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • Jack Lambert
Is it true, as one poster has already pointed out, that Haddix is Tom E. 's daddy?

Sadly, I fear that Coach Haddix is going to remind Corbin administrators time and time and time again that they made the biggest faux pas in the history of Corbin Redhound football by running the best young coach in the state out of Corbin. I fear it will end up costing Corbin multiple state titles (has already cost them one)and the continued drought will serve as a constant and bitter reminder of how the good ol' boys sacrificed a potential Title Town for their own bedeviled sense of an Entitled Town.

I hope that the Corbin youngsters go out next Friday and prove that my fear is nothing more than an irrational fear of an aging, nostalgic old fool who played ball in the sandlots with the likes of John Crawford, Tom E. Greer, David Cox and many more of Corbin's "good ol' boys." Maybe my opinion of them is skewed by the fact that I remember how fantastically unintelligent they were as kids. All this aside, what can't be denied is the unintelligent decision that was made in chasing Haddix out of town.

I am 100% behind these Corbin kids as they journey to Lexington in search of the school's first varsity state title in 40 years. It is hard to even type that.... 40 years!!!! Almost impossible to believe. Mayfield won 12 titles in 38 years. Corbin with NONE in 40 years!!! Thanks a lot, Corbin "elites."

These Corbin kids seem focused and they have a ton of heart. Their leaders on the sidelines let them down last season. Will this season end with making amends or breaking more hearts? I fear the latter but I beg the universe for the former.

GO HOUNDS!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Deuce8, Hound05
Idk who wins but I can not wait for this one! I will say Boyles defense just doesn’t seem like it is anything close to what it was last year?
(11-26-2022, 12:16 PM)know1 Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 02:55 AM)Waitaminute Wrote: Corbin by 14. Boyle isn’t physical enough to play with them.

If you don't think Boyle is physically enough just ask central wide receivers and backfield. Everyone has their own opinions, but I think you will see different come next friday

Exactly what I was thinking True Pioneer, Boyle was way more Physical than Central last night, that’s one thing that has remained constant since Chuck Smith took over all those years ago very seldom does Boyle play a team that’s more physical than Boyle it’s their brand of football and if you think they’re not physical then you haven’t watched them play!!!

Boyle isn’t playing Central. They’re playing corbin. They’re about to see what smash mouth football is really about. The entitled Boyle County crew is in for a rude awakening.
Corbin just squeeked by a team at home that was dominated by Central a month ago at their own home field. And that Central team was dominated by Boyle last night.

You can compare scores all day to try to prove a point, what's clear is Corbin is physical and Boyle is fools gold. It will show Friday at 8PM and I'll bring it back up to you Friday at 11PM.
Big talk waitaminute coming from someone who said “It’s going to be wild when JC and Lex Cath come from the east.”  Lol. I’ll be here Friday night as I have been since 2009.  The question is…will the rookie?
[-] The following 5 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • BEChargers, Hound05, Jack Lambert, Sgt Slaughter, Walt Longmire
(11-26-2022, 12:51 PM)bobcatpride1 Wrote: Idk who wins but I can not wait for this one! I will say Boyles defense just doesn’t seem like it is anything close to what it was last year?

Yeah Boyle’s defense is terrible that’s why they held the State’s leading rusher to 68 yards on 26 carries last night!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • Rebel55
(11-26-2022, 02:02 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: Big talk waitaminute coming from someone who said “It’s going to be wild when JC and Lex Cath come from the east.”  Lol. I’ll be here Friday night as I have been since 2009.  The question is…will the rookie?

I'll have your crow warm for you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • Rebel55
Two storied programs for the Title. This is the game everybody wanted before the season started. Team that controls the line of scrimmage will win. Team that doesn't turn it over will win. Big game time. I'll take my Rebels but I think it's a rock fight.
(11-26-2022, 02:33 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 02:02 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: Big talk waitaminute coming from someone who said “It’s going to be wild when JC and Lex Cath come from the east.”  Lol. I’ll be here Friday night as I have been since 2009.  The question is…will the rookie?

What did I say about the Boyle / Corbin game?  Nothing!   

I just pointed out some big words from poster that has not had a good track record on their predictions.   Smile
  • Jack Lambert
(11-26-2022, 09:25 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 09:15 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: I’m not sure my hearts gonna take another week of this….
Get the nitro ready.
Big Grin I’ll be there come hell or high water and I’m takin my Hounds in the rock fight someone was talking about, and that exactly what I’m expecting….
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • BEChargers, Sgt Slaughter
I’m Rolling with them Corbin bobcats lol JK hounds by 14 Greer finally get him one an mills
(11-26-2022, 02:44 PM)Rebel55 Wrote:

I just pointed out some big words from poster that has not had a good track record on their predictions.   Smile

So you're picking Corbin?
I’m taking Boyle.

Boyle 35
Corbin 21
I predict this game will be a slugfest. Appears to me that the offenses and defenses are similar, but massively different in effectiveness and application.

To be honest, I worry about Corbin's ability to defend Boyle's passing game. PLEASE Hounds, prove me wrong!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • Hound05, Sgt Slaughter
(11-26-2022, 03:30 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 02:44 PM)Rebel55 Wrote:

So you're picking Corbin?
I haven't made my prediction on the game yet because I'm entitled and don't want any fools gold going around.  Big Grin

Why couldn't the previous 14 weeks be as fun as this week is going to be?
[-] The following 3 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • Hatz, Jack Lambert, Waitaminute
(11-26-2022, 02:41 AM)Corbin Wrote: Is Corbin on the home side or away side? I’d like to get those seats in the Woodford paddock if it’s the home side.

The rumors are really going to be flying this week. This is going to be one fun week of reading this thread.
What rumors ?
As far as Haddix being out for blood, I'm not so sure it as bad as maybe it was a couple of years ago. Kind of got shown the door but he's coming off back to back state titles and has a chance at winning three in a row. Chuck has 6 and French has 2. Haddix has a chance to make it 3 and be halfway to Chuck's total. It may have not been what he wanted a few years ago but things seem to have worked out pretty well for him.

....and we are pretty happy he's here.
[-] The following 4 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • 64SUR, Hatz, Jack Lambert, Rebel55
(11-26-2022, 07:49 PM)BEChargers Wrote: As far as Haddix being out for blood, I'm not so sure it as bad as maybe it was a couple of years ago. Kind of got shown the door but he's coming off back to back state titles and has a chance at winning three in a row. Chuck has 6 and French has 2. Haddix has a chance to make it 3 and be halfway to Chuck's total. It may have not been what he wanted a few years ago but things seem to have worked out pretty well for him.

Absolutely!!!
(11-26-2022, 12:31 PM)Rebel55 Wrote:

LOL
And the over confident Corbin fans may just be in for another disappointing loss. ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes True pioneer's post:
  • Jack Lambert
Does anyone know who will be on what side?
(11-26-2022, 08:24 PM)True pioneer Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 10:42 AM)True pioneer Wrote: If you don't think Boyle is physically enough just ask central wide receivers and backfield. Everyone has their own opinions, but I think you will see different come next friday

LOL
And the over confident Corbin fans may just be in for another disappointing loss. ?
And DONT ever say he is a Corbin fan! Lol. But seriously
(11-26-2022, 08:26 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Does anyone know who will be on what side?

Corbin home and Boyle away. Corbin has the higher RPI.

(11-26-2022, 10:42 AM)True pioneer Wrote: If you don't think Boyle is physically enough just ask central wide receivers and backfield. Everyone has their own opinions, but I think you will see different come next friday

LOL

Wishful thinking.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
(11-26-2022, 07:49 PM)BEChargers Wrote: As far as Haddix being out for blood, I'm not so sure it as bad as maybe it was a couple of years ago.  Kind of got shown the door but he's coming off back to back state titles and has a chance at winning three in a row.  Chuck has 6 and French has 2.  Haddix has a chance to make it 3 and be halfway to Chuck's total.  It may have not been what he wanted a few years ago but things seem to have worked out pretty well for him.

I think Justin Haddix knows how most of us Corbin fans feel about him, I was just thinking last night how a lot of the pregame festivities that we now enjoy were instituted by him.  Not gonna rehash the past it doesn’t matter, I think it’s as big a mistake for him to make it personal as it is for anyone on our coaching staff…I wish Justin Haddix nothing but the best, this will only be the 2nd time since 02 Ive ever cheered against him but I’m cheering for my boys in RED till they lay me to rest….
[-] The following 3 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • BEChargers, Bull got out!, Granny Bear
(11-26-2022, 08:33 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:

Corbin home and Boyle away. Corbin has the higher RPI.

(11-26-2022, 11:14 AM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Exactly what I was thinking True Pioneer, Boyle was way more Physical than Central last night, that’s one thing that has remained constant since Chuck Smith took over all those years ago very seldom does Boyle play a team that’s more physical than Boyle it’s their brand of football and if you think they’re not physical then you haven’t watched them play!!!
LOL

Wishful thinking.

I'm hoping so lol
Corbin is the #1 seed and will be home.  Boyle will the on the visitors side.
  • Bull got out!
(11-26-2022, 09:47 PM)Rebel55 Wrote:

Good I was hoping this would be the case I don’t like the home side.
(11-26-2022, 11:53 AM)Advicegiver74 Wrote: Boyle by 14-21 points. Way to physical and their defense and running attack is way better then what Corbin has seen
too, than etc. etc.

LOL
I don't think that's a Corbin fan.
(11-26-2022, 11:07 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 11:14 AM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Exactly what I was thinking True Pioneer, Boyle was way more Physical than Central last night, that’s one thing that has remained constant since Chuck Smith took over all those years ago very seldom does Boyle play a team that’s more physical than Boyle it’s their brand of football and if you think they’re not physical then you haven’t watched them play!!!
LOL
I don't think that's a Corbin fan.

I never claimed to be a Corbin fan. I like high school football.
(11-26-2022, 10:50 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 09:47 PM)Rebel55 Wrote:

Good I was hoping this would be the case I don’t like I know Boyl was the home team last year what about the 2 years before that which side
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next