Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 17 Hazard 14
(11-19-2022, 10:18 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(11-19-2022, 03:04 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:
(11-19-2022, 01:52 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Raceland is not as talented as Pikeville, you are kidding yourself. I’m not saying running clock again, but the gap is fairly significant.
I guess we will find out soon enough. Good thing they don’t play the games on Pikeville paper. If we get hammered I’ll be the first to admit it.

Rams had 220 on the ground. Hazard with 50. The Johnson kid had 30 yards on 25 Carries. Of it wasn’t for 13 making big catches hazard may not have had a first down in the game. Their best offense was our dumb penalties.
Yeah I believe Jet told us Johnson would be the best athlete on the field this Friday. Sorry but he would have a hard time finding reps on Racelands team. I’m not being disrespectful cause he’s a great little running back but I’m just telling the truth. The Rams played like complete trash. I knew we just needed to survive the first half and we did that. But let’s give the Hazard coaches credit for a great decision to start the second half with an onside kick! That set up the entire second half for Hazard.

Yeah I believe it was Pikeville 52 Hazard 0 in the 3rd and Hazard 14 Raceland 10 in the 3rd.
Pikeville 43 Paintsville 7 in the 3rd Raceland 10 Paintsville 7 in the 3rd
Pikeville obliterated Raceland on both sides of the ball last year and pretty much same guys this year. Raceland couldn’t tackle Birchfield at all and he will get his again.
Hanging your hats on Highlights loss and Lawrence who crapped out…good luck with that lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Walt Longmire
(11-19-2022, 10:18 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(11-19-2022, 03:04 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:
(11-19-2022, 01:52 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Raceland is not as talented as Pikeville, you are kidding yourself. I’m not saying running clock again, but the gap is fairly significant.
I guess we will find out soon enough. Good thing they don’t play the games on Pikeville paper. If we get hammered I’ll be the first to admit it.

Rams had 220 on the ground. Hazard with 50. The Johnson kid had 30 yards on 25 Carries. Of it wasn’t for 13 making big catches hazard may not have had a first down in the game. Their best offense was our dumb penalties.
Yeah I believe Jet told us Johnson would be the best athlete on the field this Friday. Sorry but he would have a hard time finding reps on Racelands team. I’m not being disrespectful cause he’s a great little running back but I’m just telling the truth. The Rams played like complete trash. I knew we just needed to survive the first half and we did that. But let’s give the Hazard coaches credit for a great decision to start the second half with an onside kick! That set up the entire second half for Hazard.
You’ve clearly got your dad goggles on or something if you think Johnson couldn’t play for that team. While they did come out with the win last night I really wasnt that impressed. The turnovers in the first half on the drives hazard had put together was a back breaker and clearly sealed their fate in the end. I’ll have to say coming into it I was expecting a lot more from raceland than what I saw last night. To run the ball as well as they did and still come out with only a field goal win just doesn’t say a lot to me. In the end a win is a win and congratulations to the rams. All year I’ve saw and heard it’s pikeville and raceland by a clear margin over everyone else. It’s clearly pikeville. I’ve saw them first hand multiple times this season and they’re heads and shoulders above everyone else. Look for another running clock if raceland makes it to Kroger field against them.
Hazard had a good team and played tough. If it wasn’t for the red zone turnovers we would be sitting here talking about how we lost by a couple of scores. But it didn’t work out that way and we advanced. I don’t know much about Holy Cross but we have to do better next week if we want to go to Kroger. I also watched NCC play last night and I’m glad they ended up going to Pikeville because I’m not sure we could be beat them.
(11-19-2022, 12:14 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: Hazard had a good team and played tough.  If it wasn’t for the red zone turnovers we would be sitting here talking about how we lost by a couple of scores.  But it didn’t work out that way and we advanced.  I don’t know much about Holy Cross but we have to do better next week if we want to go to Kroger.  I also watched NCC play last night and I’m glad they ended up going to Pikeville because I’m not sure we could be beat them.
There are all kinds of ifs and buts. If Raceland would play with a safety on 3rd and long we would’ve had two interceptions last night that would’ve stopped Hazard drives before they even got to the red zone cause the lame duck passes they caught in the middle of the field were bad passes. If Raceland runs the stretch play more and uses its speed on the edge we probably win by two scores cause we averaged 10 yards a carry on anything off tackle. If Lundy doesn’t hesitate on that int over the middle we score. Lots of ifs and buts hahah
(11-19-2022, 12:22 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(11-19-2022, 12:14 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: Hazard had a good team and played tough.  If it wasn’t for the red zone turnovers we would be sitting here talking about how we lost by a couple of scores.  But it didn’t work out that way and we advanced.  I don’t know much about Holy Cross but we have to do better next week if we want to go to Kroger.  I also watched NCC play last night and I’m glad they ended up going to Pikeville because I’m not sure we could be beat them.
There are all kinds of ifs and buts. If Raceland would play with a safety on 3rd and long we would’ve had two interceptions last night that would’ve stopped Hazard drives before they even got to the red zone cause the lame duck passes they caught in the middle of the field were bad passes. If Raceland runs the stretch play more and uses its speed on the edge we probably win by two scores cause we averaged 10 yards a carry on anything off tackle. If Lundy doesn’t hesitate on that int over the middle we score. Lots of ifs and buts hahah
Bottom line is we don’t play our best football and got exposed in a few areas we’ve gotten away with against subpar competition.  The positive I’m taking from this is that Raceland hasn’t been in a dogfight 4 quarter kind of game all season and they were able to find a way to win.  As far as next week goes, we have to tighten some things up to make it to Kroger.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • RAMDAD50
I picked Raceland over Pikeville before the season and I was wrong. Pikeville has developed into a juggernaut. Pikeville will destroy Raceland if they are able to get to Kroger field to play them. In my opinion, they should go ahead and engrave Pikeville on the trophy.
I watched Russellville last year in the semi finals and thought Pikeville would have a running clock in the first half and we saw how that game ended.

I’m not ready to say Raceland has no chance it they need to find an identity on offense quickly. Their defense absolutely bailed them out.
As for Hazard, I thought they showed up and showed out. I disagree that this wasn’t Raceland’s best effort. Hazard played tough and pushed them to the brink. Credit where credit is due.

As for Holy Cross, they’re far too young to compete with Raceland. This game won’t be close. Running clock. And yes, it’s as simple as Raceland showing up. This game has already been won off the field.

As for Pikeville, that’s a different story. They’ve got 17 seniors and I suspect most of their juniors are as close to 18 as you can get if not already 18. That will be a game where it’s men against men. That stuff matters a lot in football.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16thregioner's post:
  • Orange Blaze
I ain’t worried about Raceland but if Pikeville beats NCC then I will worry about Raceland and by the way Raceland will beat Holy Cross of Louisville bad because I don’t think they are near the caliber of team Raceland played last night. NCC played Beechnuts pretty tough the last game they played them so that’s who Pikeville fans should be worried about. Now if Pikeville wins that one we will talk about The Rams and how much more speed and better athletes they have than Pikeville which has been posted on Rivals by some posters but not the one who ate legitimate posters. As always GO PANTHERS!!!
(11-19-2022, 01:02 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: I ain’t worried about Raceland but if Pikeville beats NCC then I will worry about Raceland and by the way Raceland will beat Holy Cross of Louisville bad because I don’t think they are near the caliber of team Raceland played last night. NCC played Beechnuts pretty tough the last game they played them so that’s who Pikeville fans should be worried about. Now if Pikeville wins that one we will talk about The Rams and how much more speed and better athletes they have than Pikeville which has been posted on Rivals by some posters but not the one who ate legitimate posters. As always GO PANTHERS!!!
I watched NCC play last night and they don’t have a bad team.  They have a nice quarterback and some decent receivers.  Their line wasn’t bad either.  What they didn’t have though was depth and that will be the difference maker against Pikeville.  I think NCC can make things interesting for the Panthers but I still think Pikeville is 2-3 scores better.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • Patriot1
#7 for NCC is a nice player. I think the difference between Pikeville and everyone else is their depth and their LOS size. Their line probably is just as big as most all the way up to 4A
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
RAMDAD50 you should coach the Rams. You have all the answers.
(11-19-2022, 08:48 PM)Kentuckysfinest Wrote:
I’m just the guy that isn’t afraid to say the things that everyone is thinking
I came across the game from Holy Cross’s game against Crittenden Co. for anyone that’s interested.

Omg they have a Boucher….and he plays linebacker hahaha that’s freaking awesome
(11-19-2022, 09:32 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(11-19-2022, 08:48 PM)Kentuckysfinest Wrote:
I’m just the guy that isn’t afraid to say the things that everyone is thinking

You're kin to me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • RAMDAD50
(11-19-2022, 10:04 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: Omg they have a Boucher….and he plays linebacker hahaha that’s freaking awesome

I didn't say anything about your mama. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • RAMDAD50