Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 17 Hazard 14
Final
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Way to go Rams!
What a game!!!
Raceland was very lucky to get the win. The coaching staff did everything they could to give Hazard the game. Play like this next week, they will not win.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 2 users Like Jarons's post:
  • Orange Blaze, RAMDAD50
Raceland really answered the challenge after falling behind late. Hazard has a tough team and has nothing to hang their heads about.
Idk how I feel about the kick decision. Hadn’t attempted a field goal all year the announcers said.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(11-18-2022, 11:48 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Idk how I feel about the kick decision. Hadn’t attempted a field goal all year the announcers said.
And they used a kid that hadn’t kicked all year.  If they didn’t trust their regular kicker they should have just went for it. Hazard battled hard all night and I thought they were going to pull it off.  Hazard gave us all we wanted and tbh outplayed us most of the game.
Congrats to Raceland on a huge win. I'm happy for the kids at Raceland. Raceland plays hard and has a culture of toughness.
Congratulations to the Rams
So….is breaking the huddle with 12 and running one off a penalty at the high school level ?
Now, it is 100% for sure…… PIKEVILLE and…..no one else in 1A.
(11-19-2022, 12:16 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: So….is breaking the huddle with 12 and running one off a penalty at the high school level ?

The is no penalty for "breaking the huddle with 12 players."  The rule says that the replaced player must leave immediately.  They generally give the players a few seconds to communicate and the replaced player to begin to run off.  But the huddle has nothing to do with the rule.
I cannot believe you guys are spinning this as a positive. Raceland is LUCKY to win that game . Hazard had two turnovers inside the ten. WOW. I cannot wait to see how this plays out.
Raceland wants nothing and I mean NOTHING to do with my Panthers.
(11-19-2022, 12:26 AM)Hambley Wrote: I cannot believe you guys are spinning this as a positive. Raceland is LUCKY to win that game . Hazard had two turnovers inside the ten. WOW. I cannot wait to see how this plays out.
A positive?? There is no positive other than we are still playing. The Raceland kids were handcuffed tonight by a very strange coaching strategy to say the least. We look nothing like we have all year. We threw the ball down field twice. It was a real head scratcher. We actually coached the perfect game to give Hazard a chance to play with us and they took it. They played hard and took advantage of every opportunity. The Rams just found a way to make a few plays tonight and move on.
When you threw you got picked off?!?!
(11-19-2022, 12:34 AM)Hambley Wrote: When you threw you got picked off?!?!
One for a 44 yard gain and the other was a very late decision by Lundy. Idk why Mike thinks he has to make the perfect call and try to micromanage the game. He really tied the hands of our kids tonight
The 2 turnovers in the 1st half down by the goal line came back to cost the Dawgs, heck of a effort nonetheless.

Congrats Rams, Win and advance is all that matters at this point.
Glad Raceland moves on. They’ll host a much weaker team in the semis than they played tonight. Hazard was impressive. They punched back and played with as much passion as Raceland.

That being said, though, the fact that Pikeville beat that team in running clock fashion tells me the Rams are in the wrong lane headed towards a Mack truck at Kroger Field. You never know what could happen in one game, though, so hopefully the Rams can pull off a miracle.
I hope the Pikeville fans keep up with the “Raceland doesn’t have a chance against us” comments. I’m around these kids everyday and I’ve seen Pikeville play in person. Raceland is every bit as talented. There is a separator though between the teams. Pikeville comes out every game no matter who they are playing and they want to destroy you. Raceland does not do that. We can’t keep being a Jekyll and Hyde team. We have to come out focused and want to destroy the other team. With that being said I’m with Ram dad this was a puzzling game tonight. I’ll have to hand it to Hazard they did an excellent job of getting our kids to play their game. We had a ton of stupid penalties our kids never get. Personal fouls….un sportsmanlike. They were told all week Hazard would play this way and our kids got sucked in anyway. We got the W and should be happy but it was a disappointing sloppy game by our team tonight. When we came out the last game of the season and destroyed Lawrence co. I said this is the team we need to see every week but we haven’t done that since then. That must change for next week and beyond. You Pikeville fans are correct. If the same team that showed up tonight shows up the same way next week or in the finals we will get crushed. But if the team that pushed highlands to the brink and destroyed Lawrence it will be a great finals game.
Raceland is not as talented as Pikeville, you are kidding yourself. I’m not saying running clock again, but the gap is fairly significant.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
Survive and advance i guess. I really didnt expect to see what I saw on the field tonight. We have been very mature and business like this year. Even in rivalry games. We looked like we were bound and determined to take a step backward. Defense was great again. Tbh, outside of one jump ball and Hazards drive with the hirry up intermediate passing game, we did better than i thought against the pass. I thought Farrow played his best night of coverage and in the second half our OLB really stepped up big in the flat. It wasnt pretty, but it doesnt have to be. We were 1-0 at the end of the week ans thats all that matters.
Suprised at this score
(11-19-2022, 01:52 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Raceland is not as talented as Pikeville, you are kidding yourself. I’m not saying running clock again, but the gap is fairly significant.
I guess we will find out soon enough. Good thing they don’t play the games on Pikeville paper. If we get hammered I’ll be the first to admit it.

Rams had 220 on the ground. Hazard with 50. The Johnson kid had 30 yards on 25 Carries. Of it wasn’t for 13 making big catches hazard may not have had a first down in the game. Their best offense was our dumb penalties.
(11-19-2022, 03:04 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:
(11-19-2022, 01:52 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Raceland is not as talented as Pikeville, you are kidding yourself. I’m not saying running clock again, but the gap is fairly significant.
I guess we will find out soon enough. Good thing they don’t play the games on Pikeville paper. If we get hammered I’ll be the first to admit it.

Rams had 220 on the ground. Hazard with 50. The Johnson kid had 30 yards on 25 Carries. Of it wasn’t for 13 making big catches hazard may not have had a first down in the game. Their best offense was our dumb penalties.
Great response....a example of this was everyone said Trinity would win 30+ over station look what happened this games are played for a reason....good win rams fix your mistakes and go for that state title
To be fair Hazard has a lot of grit and are built to upset teams when they don’t self destruct and get 150 yards of penalties. Hazard did not help themselves turning the ball over in the red zone, but at the same time Raceland had a bend don’t break defense. Gonna be a fun playoff!
Good run Bulldogs. Gonna miss hearing the names Max Johnson and Hank Pelfry. You boys had great high school careers.
(11-19-2022, 03:04 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:

Yeah I believe Jet told us Johnson would be the best athlete on the field this Friday. Sorry but he would have a hard time finding reps on Racelands team. I’m not being disrespectful cause he’s a great little running back but I’m just telling the truth. The Rams played like complete trash. I knew we just needed to survive the first half and we did that. But let’s give the Hazard coaches credit for a great decision to start the second half with an onside kick! That set up the entire second half for Hazard.
Raceland was 5 of 6 for around 60 yards i believe. 44 of those yards came on one play. Hazards safeties and corners are pretty good. We ran the ball very well last night. Wallace was the best RB last night and it wasnt close.
Parker Fannin was like a 7-11 last night. He was always open, but rarely got a look. I felt like the game plan though, was to keep the ball away from Hazards secondary. That was their best group last night. Everything was 1 read for Logan (or so it seemed). We will have to take some shots though if we want to get where we want to be. Hazard did a good job making us honor the deep ball, then torched us on the one drive with underneath routes. #13 was goina get his one long catch, just too big and strong. That being said, I felt like we covered really well last night.