•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central at Corbin 11/11
(11-05-2022, 01:53 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-05-2022, 12:48 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-04-2022, 06:44 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Well I don’t like to criticize our own, especially volunteers. But the coffee at Campbell SUCKS! It taste like burnt water! But I still appreciate the effort, those ladies work hard back there!

Since this thread is “looking ahead” I hope there is an upgrade to the concession stand. I don’t care about the actual building, but the items. Upgrade what they offer. Like central and their fish sandwich. Have a signature item. Root beer stand closes, have them do their chili. Or as many BBQ places around here, do a sandwich. Or something unique. I usually have to eat at the half or sometimes before, popcorn and the usual just gets old I guess.

I made up my own hot dog chiili recipe inspired by old Corbin and Jellico recipes, and it's at least as good or better than Rootbeer Stand or any in Corbin Smile
I’m not a big fan of the RBS chili. Next time your over this ways, stop at Dixon’s market and try their chili.
Absolutely
(11-04-2022, 07:31 PM)jetpilot Wrote: I like LCC but I don’t see them hanging with Corbin. They are too one-dimensional on offense and Corbin will focus on stopping Little with pretty good success. Also LCC defense isn’t real good. Not to mention they lost to 1A Hazard in another stunning rebuke to all the class snobs out there.

Corbin 38
LCC 14

Class snobberism is alive and well. Only someone who adheres to snobbermetrics would think that Pikeville couldn't compete with the best teams in 4A.

(11-05-2022, 07:43 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-04-2022, 07:31 PM)jetpilot Wrote: I like LCC but I don’t see them hanging with Corbin. They are too one-dimensional on offense and Corbin will focus on stopping Little with pretty good success. Also LCC defense isn’t real good. Not to mention they lost to 1A Hazard in another stunning rebuke to all the class snobs out there.

Corbin 38
LCC 14

Class snobberism is alive and well. Only someone who adheres to snobbermetrics would think that Pikeville couldn't compete with the best teams in 4A. No way would they "lose comfortably" to the best that 4A has to offer. To use a statistical term, Pikeville is an outlier, as far as 1A teams are concerned. They are 4A quality playing with a 1A designation, imo.  
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • jetpilot

Corbin 38
LCC 14

Class snobberism is alive and well. Only someone who adheres to snobbermetrics would think that Pikeville couldn't compete with the best teams in 4A.

Corbin 38
LCC 14

Class snobberism is alive and well. Only someone who adheres to snobbermetrics would think that Pikeville couldn't compete with the best teams in 4A. No way would they "lose comfortably" to the best that 4A has to offer. To use a statistical term, Pikeville is an outlier, as far as 1A teams are concerned. They are 4A quality playing with a 1A designation, imo.  
I know you are going through a tough time, OSH, given all of the bum predictions that you made in the Politics forum, seeing that we are on the cusp of a red tsunami of an election, but why don't you return to that forum with your targeted insults? Letcher County Central's line is big and mobile and they have some good athletes in skill positions. Corbin will definitely be favored over LCC at home but they are too good not to take seriously. Pikeville will not be playing Corbin again, nor will they be playing Johnson Central. The Panthers have nothing to do with this thread.
Perry put up 40 on LCC. Corbin won’t have any trouble at all.
(11-05-2022, 09:32 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I know you are going through a tough time, OSH, given all of the bum predictions that you made in the Politics forum, seeing that we are on the cusp of a red tsunami of an election, but why don't you return to that forum with your targeted insults? Letcher County Central's line is big and mobile and they have some good athletes in skill positions. Corbin will definitely be favored over LCC at home but they are too good not to take seriously. Pikeville will not be playing Corbin again, nor will they be playing Johnson Central. The Panthers have nothing to do with this thread.
I don’t think anyone here isn’t taking them seriously. But if we say anything about corbin, or the players, you take it to the extreme like you just did earlier with a sarcastic response like “No one can compete with the talent they have, LCC and Johnson central don’t have the luxury of talent like that” and crap like that. You said JC had the best backfield you seen this year. What if someone responded with “Well the rest of us might as well give up since they are light years ahead if everyone else” on every single thing someone says about them? Comments about Corbin aren’t personal attacks on the eagles or slighting them in anyway. But you take it like they are almost personal, so you invite post like the above. Why not let people compliment kids they are proud of. No one said anything about LCC or Johnson central talent, outside of you. You can’t pick a fight with someone and then get mad when they respond the same type of post.
Does anyone know if this is the first matchup between the two? Went back this morning and couldn’t find anything. But unlike Bull I didn’t have my coffee
(11-05-2022, 10:29 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-05-2022, 09:32 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I know you are going through a tough time, OSH, given all of the bum predictions that you made in the Politics forum, seeing that we are on the cusp of a red tsunami of an election, but why don't you return to that forum with your targeted insults? Letcher County Central's line is big and mobile and they have some good athletes in skill positions. Corbin will definitely be favored over LCC at home but they are too good not to take seriously. Pikeville will not be playing Corbin again, nor will they be playing Johnson Central. The Panthers have nothing to do with this thread.
I don’t think anyone here isn’t taking them seriously. But if we say anything about corbin, or the players, you take it to the extreme like you just did earlier with a sarcastic response like “No one can compete with the talent they have, LCC and Johnson central don’t have the luxury of talent like that” and crap like that. You said JC had the best backfield you seen this year. What if someone responded with “Well the rest of us might as well give up since they are light years ahead if everyone else” on every single thing someone says about them? Comments about Corbin aren’t personal attacks on the eagles or slighting them in anyway. But you take it like they are almost personal, so you invite post like the above. Why not let people compliment kids they are proud of. No one said anything about LCC or Johnson central talent, outside of you. You can’t pick a fight with someone and then get mad when they respond the same type of post.
Lighten up, Francis. When fans start talking about who they will be playing in the semifinals and championship game before their first round playoff game has kicked off, then they can expect to take some ribbing - especially after what happened following similar posts last season. I am pretty sure that LCC has Corbin's full attention after the games last night.

BTW, I am glad that you took time to watch some of LCC's games. I think that most people take early season games and scrimmages way to seriously and try to read too much into comparative scores. LCC relied too much on one or two offensive players in the past. It is hard to believe that Jonas Little was not starting at running back before he took over at quarterback this season. LCC would have been much more difficult to defend the previous two seasons if they had been putting the ball in his hands more. LCC had a very good quarterback when JC played them previously, but their offense depended too much on him.
This is the first matchup between the 2. I was under the impression that LCC was an air raid team but looking at their stats, looks more like a 70-30 run team based on yardage.

I said for two weeks that this is a sneaky game for Corbin. I don’t think our boys will overlook Letcher though. If Corbin plays their game, it’ll probably be pretty lopsided in their favor but any slip up and Letcher will sneak up and ruin your dreams.
(11-05-2022, 09:32 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Corbin 38
LCC 14

Corbin 38
LCC 14

I know you are going through a tough time, OSH, given all of the bum predictions that you made in the Politics forum, seeing that we are on the cusp of a red tsunami of an election, but why don't you return to that forum with your targeted insults? Letcher County Central's line is big and mobile and they have some good athletes in skill positions. Corbin will definitely be favored over LCC at home but they are too good not to take seriously. Pikeville will not be playing Corbin again, nor will they be playing Johnson Central. The Panthers have nothing to do with this thread.

Actually, I couldn't be having a better time. Politics was just my playground and you were my merry-go-round. It was all fun, back in the day, until it was no challenge getting a rise out of you anymore. I was hoping uncover, or maybe even pry a sense of humor from you until I realized there was none there.  Today, I find talking football is more enjoyable. You ran off all the others to liked to talk on that forum. It is a boring, desolate place now.  Enjoy watching Johnson Central. They have two more games remaining before their season ends in Corbin in two weeks. I'm sure me and the other Hounds on here will be happy to provide the Eagles with some lovely parting gifts before leaving Corbin.

(11-05-2022, 10:41 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Does anyone know if this is the first matchup between the two? Went back this morning and couldn’t find anything. But unlike Bull I didn’t have my coffee
I seem to remember us playing Whitesburg in a playoff game but I don't think we'ved played LCC.
(11-05-2022, 10:51 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Corbin 38
LCC 14

Corbin 38
LCC 14

Actually, I couldn't be having a better time. Politics was just my playground and you were my merry-go-round. It was all fun, back in the day, until it was no challenge getting a rise out of you anymore. I was hoping uncover, or maybe even pry a sense of humor from you until I realized there was none there.  Today, I find talking football is more enjoyable. You ran off all the others to liked to talk on that forum.  It is a boring, desolate place now.  Enjoy watching Johnson Central. They have two more games remaining before their season ends in Corbin in two weeks. I'm sure me and the other Hounds on here will be happy to provide the Eagles with some lovely parting gifts before leaving Corbin.
Big Grin Same old OSH. Eventually, Corbin will beat Johnson Central and this may be their year. However this season ends for Johnson Central, their future looks very bright. Johnson County's 6th, 7th, and 8th grade teams are all playing in the middle school D1 state semifinals later today and the Golden Eagles return most of their players next season. Maybe the Redhounds can beat Johnson Central in this rebuilding season, but I would not be shocked at any result.
(11-04-2022, 07:31 PM)Yjetpilot Wrote: I like LCC but I don’t see them hanging with Corbin. They are too one-dimensional on offense and Corbin will focus on stopping Little with pretty good success. Also LCC defense isn’t real good. Not to mention they lost to 1A Hazard in another stunning rebuke to all the class snobs out there.

Corbin 38
LCC 14
They are starting a lot of young kids and it took 3 or 4 weeks to get secondary settled. LCC would put a running clock on Hazard if they played right now. The 2nd half of that game is when this team changed. They put up 50 in second half and if not for a horrible 45 yards worth of penalties they would have won. Now I don’t think LCC can beat Corbin. Corbin is just to good right now for a young cougar team to play with. I’m just hoping the game stays competitive.
(11-05-2022, 10:41 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
Lighten up, Francis. When fans start talking about who they will be playing in the semifinals and championship game before their first round playoff game has kicked off, then they can expect to take some ribbing - especially after what happened following similar posts last season. I am pretty sure that LCC has Corbin's full attention after the games last night.

BTW, I am glad that you took time to watch some of LCC's games. I think that most people take early season games and scrimmages way to seriously and try to read too much into comparative scores. LCC relied too much on one or two offensive players in the past. It is hard to believe that Jonas Little was not starting at running back before he took over at quarterback this season. LCC would have been much more difficult to defend the previous two seasons if they had been putting the ball in his hands more. LCC had a very good quarterback when JC played them previously, but their offense depended too much on him.
I’m not mad or angry. But you kinda have to agree. But that’s that.

I’ve watched them play Perry, hazard, breathitt, Harlan, and one more I think. They are still kinda doing the same thing with relying on just a few players, although probably more than you were referring to last year I’m assuming. They started letting another bigger kid run a little bit towards
The end. Short yard situations. But it’s pretty much been little and the other running backs show. But it’s working for them so I don’t blame them. little has an arm. Accuracy to me anyways is a little iffy. Some throws are great deep, and then some short to medium throws are very risky. And yes their Lines are big. And they Pull and trap a lot. But me personally, I think our past games have prepared us for them. We’ve played Big strong lines, and small quick ones. If we blow them out I’d be surprised. But I’d also be in the clouds too because the are a good team. 
(11-05-2022, 10:46 AM)Corbin Wrote: This is the first matchup between the 2. I was under the impression that LCC was an air raid team but looking at their stats, looks more like a 70-30 run team based on yardage.

I said for two weeks that this is a sneaky game for Corbin. I don’t think our boys will overlook Letcher though. If Corbin plays their game, it’ll probably be pretty lopsided in their favor but any slip up and Letcher will sneak up and ruin your dreams.
Yea they almost line up like a spread offense. Sometimes they’ll do a variation of a pistol with shotgun and a big back somewhere right behind one of the tackles. I’m sure I don’t have to tell people, they do it to spread everyone out so their QB can find a hole. And he does a good job staying behind blockers. Also when they do that run option he holds on til the last minute. You almost have to treat them like an option team, have a guy going for the QB no matter what, one for the Rb, etc. They do a good job of passing out of the backfield which kinda worries me, but they arent super fast. Lot of WR’s going underneath the other or wheel routes

Corbin 38
LCC 14

Corbin 38
LCC 14

Actually, I couldn't be having a better time. Politics was just my playground and you were my merry-go-round. It was all fun, back in the day, until it was no challenge getting a rise out of you anymore. I was hoping uncover, or maybe even pry a sense of humor from you until I realized there was none there.  Today, I find talking football is more enjoyable. You ran off all the others to liked to talk on that forum.  It is a boring, desolate place now.  Enjoy watching Johnson Central. They have two more games remaining before their season ends in Corbin in two weeks. I'm sure me and the other Hounds on here will be happy to provide the Eagles with some lovely parting gifts before leaving Corbin.

(11-05-2022, 10:41 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Does anyone know if this is the first matchup between the two? Went back this morning and couldn’t find anything. But unlike Bull I didn’t have my coffee
I seem to remember us playing Whitesburg in a playoff game but I don't think we'ved played LCC.
Unless I’ve past it over. I think this might be the first matchup.
(11-05-2022, 11:16 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-05-2022, 10:41 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

I’m not mad or angry. But you kinda have to agree. But that’s that.

I’ve watched them play Perry, hazard, breathitt, Harlan, and one more I think. They are still kinda doing the same thing with relying on just a few players, although probably more than you were referring to last year I’m assuming. They started letting another bigger kid run a little bit towards
The end. Short yard situations. But it’s pretty much been little and the other running backs show. But it’s working for them so I don’t blame them. little has an arm. Accuracy to me anyways is a little iffy. Some throws are great deep, and then some short to medium throws are very risky. And yes their Lines are big. And they Pull and trap a lot. But me personally, I think our past games have prepared us for them. We’ve played Big strong lines, and small quick ones. If we blow them out I’d be surprised. But I’d also be in the clouds too because the are a good team. 
(11-05-2022, 10:46 AM)Corbin Wrote: This is the first matchup between the 2. I was under the impression that LCC was an air raid team but looking at their stats, looks more like a 70-30 run team based on yardage.

Yea they almost line up like a spread offense. Sometimes they’ll do a variation of a pistol with shotgun and a big back somewhere right behind one of the tackles. I’m sure I don’t have to tell people, they do it to spread everyone out so their QB can find a hole. And he does a good job staying behind blockers. Also when they do that run option he holds on til the last minute. You almost have to treat them like an option team, have a guy going for the QB no matter what, one for the Rb, etc. They do a good job of passing out of the backfield which kinda worries me, but they arent super fast. Lot of WR’s going underneath the other or wheel routes

Corbin 38
LCC 14

(11-05-2022, 07:43 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Class snobberism is alive and well. Only someone who adheres to snobbermetrics would think that Pikeville couldn't compete with the best teams in 4A. No way would they "lose comfortably" to the best that 4A has to offer. To use a statistical term, Pikeville is an outlier, as far as 1A teams are concerned. They are 4A quality playing with a 1A designation, imo.  

Unless I’ve past it over. I think this might be the first matchup.
It will be the first game between Corbin and LCC, according to KHSAA. 

Johnson Central has now played the Cougars 7 times in 4 years. I hope that the series will continue, whether or not reclassification puts the teams in different districts next season. LCC is a program on the rise and continuing the series would be mutually beneficial, IMO.
Not to get off topic but, apparently the Wayne vs clay game got ugly during the 2nd half. I’m almost positive there are a few thay have to sit a game out next year

Corbin 38
LCC 14

Corbin 38
LCC 14

I want to say we played Whitesburg in one of the earlier pigskins. May have been the one where Male played Moeller in the other game where both were top 5 nationally.

Corbin 38
LCC 14

Corbin 38
LCC 14

You may very well be right but for now you’re 0-2 and for the past two years have had no answer for our offense. But this is not the past two years and Corbin’s a great team and probably has the most talented and hard nosed backfield I’ve saw from them. Should both teams win next week I think it’ll be much better game than predicted by most.
(11-04-2022, 10:42 AM)Tennesseewarior Wrote: Both teams win in easy games this week,warning shot fired Corbin goes down in 2nd week of playoffs,you heard it here 1st..Corbin WILL NOT be able to stop LCC offense,best online they will have seen all year.it would be a real challenge  to find a better 7 and 3 team in the state.LCC started slow thus year but are now rolling, HOUNDS GO DOWN! That district is garbage

Just now took the time to look at Letcher Co schedule, I don’t know how your calling Corbin’s district garbage when other than Johnson Central and possibly Hazard your whole schedule has been a pile of trash.
(11-05-2022, 01:01 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(11-04-2022, 10:42 AM)Tennesseewarior Wrote: Both teams win in easy games this week,warning shot fired Corbin goes down in 2nd week of playoffs,you heard it here 1st..Corbin WILL NOT be able to stop LCC offense,best online they will have seen all year.it would be a real challenge  to find a better 7 and 3 team in the state.LCC started slow thus year but are now rolling, HOUNDS GO DOWN! That district is garbage

Just now took the time to look at Letcher Co schedule, I don’t know how your calling Corbin’s district garbage when other than Johnson Central and possibly Hazard your whole schedule has been a pile of trash.
You mean you’re not impress with LCC’s loss to Daniel Boone elementary or whatever TN team they lost too? Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheStickyBandit's post:
  • Hound05
Corbin with a running clock 55-14
Yadda yadda yadda on the above concerning anything about the Hounds losing anytime before Kroger, it's all just chirping...... So when Corbin keeps winning will they be at home all the way through until they hit Kroger or is it possible they'll travel at some point. Once they get to the state Championship game who'll they likely be knocking around - Lexington Catholic, Boyle a team from Louisville...WHO?
(11-05-2022, 06:26 PM)Spoozer12 Wrote: Yadda yadda yadda on the above concerning anything about the Hounds losing anytime before Kroger, it's all just chirping...... So when Corbin keeps winning will they be at home all the way through until they hit Kroger or is it possible they'll travel at some point.  Once they get to the state Championship game who'll they likely be knocking around - Lexington Catholic, Boyle a team from Louisville...WHO?

Corbin will play at home every game in the playoffs Round 1-4 and if they win all those games then the 5th game will be on Kroger..
I don't think Corbin will have any trouble with Letcher.
I think Corbin will beat Letcher by at least 3 to 4 TDs. Starting with round 3 though the games just keep getting more difficult and getting to Kroger field will be no simple task for any team in 4a.
(11-05-2022, 07:11 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-05-2022, 04:46 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-05-2022, 12:48 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-04-2022, 06:44 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Well I don’t like to criticize our own, especially volunteers. But the coffee at Campbell SUCKS! It taste like burnt water! But I still appreciate the effort, those ladies work hard back there!

Since this thread is “looking ahead” I hope there is an upgrade to the concession stand. I don’t care about the actual building, but the items. Upgrade what they offer. Like central and their fish sandwich. Have a signature item. Root beer stand closes, have them do their chili. Or as many BBQ places around here, do a sandwich. Or something unique. I usually have to eat at the half or sometimes before, popcorn and the usual just gets old I guess.

I made up my own hot dog chiili recipe inspired by old Corbin and Jellico recipes, and it's at least as good or better than Rootbeer Stand or any in Corbin Smile
I’m not a big fan of the RBS chili. Next time your over this ways, stop at Dixon’s market and try their chili.
I've tried it before. I was talking about it the other day. I can tell you all the places to get a pretty good chili bun or hot dog from Pat's Snack Bar in Manchester to Dairy Dart in London to Conley's  Drive-In to Frosty Mug at Harrogate,TN to Royal Lunch in Lafollete,TN or Dorsie's Dairy Bar at Pikeville,KY Smile . I've also had hot dogs at football games at a few different high schools, and the best ones are at Jellico football games.

Dougie, did you ever tried Weaver's in London?  They make a really good c.bun.  Not sure if they are still open or not., Does anyone know?
Yeah, I've been to Weaver's a few times before, and they were opened on 4th Street last I knew, but I'm not sure if they still are. I intentionally left them off the list and included Dairy Dart, because I don't think they are as good as they used to be, but that's just my opinion Smile . I forgot to mention Highland Park Drive-In in Williamsburg. They are pretty good too, and some people also like G&E Drive-In.
(11-04-2022, 08:19 PM)64SUR Wrote: Going to give the Letcher Central posters a hint on the score for next week and this is early prediction.

Corbin 49
Letcher Central 07

Sounds abour right.
Corbin by a bunch!!!
(11-05-2022, 07:00 PM)fansville Wrote: I think Corbin will beat Letcher by at least 3 to 4 TDs. Starting with round 3 though the games just keep getting more difficult and getting to Kroger field will be no simple task for any team in 4a.

Letcher lost by 1 at JC and could have very easily won it. If Corbin beats Letcher by 4 TDs , they should beat JC(who lost to a sh!tty North Laurel team) rather handsomely as well.

(11-05-2022, 07:04 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-05-2022, 12:48 AM)pjdoug Wrote: I made up my own hot dog chiili recipe inspired by old Corbin and Jellico recipes, and it's at least as good or better than Rootbeer Stand or any in Corbin Smile
I've tried it before. I was talking about it the other day. I can tell you all the places to get a pretty good chili bun or hot dog from Pat's Snack Bar in Manchester to Dairy Dart in London to Conley's  Drive-In to Frosty Mug at Harrogate,TN to Royal Lunch in Lafollete,TN or Dorsie's Dairy Bar at Pikeville,KY Smile . I've also had hot dogs at football games at a few different high schools, and the best ones are at Jellico football games.

Dougie, did you ever tried Weaver's in London?  They make a really good c.bun.  Not sure if they are still open or not., Does anyone know?
Yeah, I've been to Weaver's a few times before, and they were opened on 4th Street last I knew, but I'm not sure if they still are. I intentionally left them off the list and included Dairy Dart, because I don't think they are as good as they used to be, but that's just my opinion Smile . I forgot to mention Highland Park Drive-In in Williamsburg. They are pretty good too, and some people also like G&E Drive-In.

Back when I was in college and dad worked in Wburg, we would stop by Highland Park a couple times a week for peanut butter milkshakes. Out of this world good!  Don't know if they are as good as they were decades ago but they were sure good back in the day. I don't ever remember trying any other food other than the ice cream.

I like to have fun, and it's gonna  be fun watching Corbin smoke Letcher and Johnson in next two weeks. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Old School Hound
(11-05-2022, 07:14 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-05-2022, 07:00 PM)fansville Wrote: I think Corbin will beat Letcher by at least 3 to 4 TDs. Starting with round 3 though the games just keep getting more difficult and getting to Kroger field will be no simple task for any team in 4a.

Letcher lost by 1 at JC and could have very easily won it. If Corbin beats Letcher by 4 TDs , they should beat JC(who lost to a sh!tty North Laurel team) rather handsomely as well.

(11-05-2022, 07:04 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-05-2022, 01:53 AM)Hound05 Wrote: I’m not a big fan of the RBS chili. Next time your over this ways, stop at Dixon’s market and try their chili.

Back when I was in college and dad worked in Wburg, we would stop by Highland Park a couple times a week for peanut butter milkshakes. Out of this world good!  Don't know if they are as good as they were decades ago but they were sure good back in the day. I don't ever remember trying any other food other than the ice cream.
They'll beat JC like a drum.
I’m sorry, and I Believe in our boys and I believe they will win. But I just don’t see a running clock in this game. LCC isn’t a great team but they are definitely good.

The only thing that might make me wrong in my mind is LCC don’t eat up a lot of clock. So there might be a lot of possessions for Corbin. I hope they make the mistake of doing what a few have done and try to eat up the clock. Because it’s not worked well. I don’t think they will stop us offensively, but I think they’ll score a few times on busted pass plays and little scrambling.

But I hope I eat my words. Because if called corbin did put a clock on them. It’s gonna be a corbin vs boyle title match
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next