Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Knox Central
21.43%
Corbin
78.57%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central @ Corbin 10/07
(10-02-2022, 06:47 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(10-02-2022, 12:31 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Corbin's defense embarrassed themselves against Simon Kenton and will make Knox Central pay in this game. This game should get ugly in a hurry.
So let me get this straight. A group of young men who played their guts out , never gave up , and yes gave up a chunk of yards embarrassed themselves. Wow , coming from someone who I guess was a all American in high school. The only thing embarrassing is how stupid your comment is. Get real. These boys aren’t perfect , and the last time I check every team gives up some type of total yards. Some more , some less. A win is a win no matter this you get it. Far from embarrassing SMH
No, I was not an All American and not even close to being All State, but I don't know why you think that makes any difference. I did turn in some embarrassing performances from time to time and tried to learn from those experiences. My comment was not hateful, it was not directed at any player, and I doubt that very many kids or adults who have played sports have never been embarrassed at their own performance or at a coach's performance or behavior over some game.

And when I use the word embarrassed, I am not suggesting that the players literally hide their faces and I am also not using the word as a synonym for "ashamed." Players should never be ashamed of how they played if they gave maximum effort - if they don't make any mistakes, then they are not taking enough risks. I could have said that the defense must have been disappointed to give up so many yards, but I didn't. Forgive me for not being more sensitive the the feelings of those who might be offended by my choice of words. I don't have an editor looking over my wording before I hit the Post Reply button. Corbin gave up 747 yards in its first 5 games and then gave up over 500 yards in their sixth game. I don't think anybody expected that result, including Simon Kenton. I doubt that Corbin will give up that many yards of offense in another game, no matter how deep of a run they make in the playoffs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
(10-04-2022, 07:51 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(10-02-2022, 12:31 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Corbin's defense embarrassed themselves against Simon Kenton and will make Knox Central pay in this game. This game should get ugly in a hurry.
So let me get this straight. A group of young men who played their guts out , never gave up , and yes gave up a chunk of yards embarrassed themselves. Wow , coming from someone who I guess was a all American in high school. The only thing embarrassing is how stupid your comment is. Get real. These boys aren’t perfect , and the last time I check every team gives up some type of total yards. Some more , some less. A win is a win no matter this you get it. Far from embarrassing SMH
No, I was not an All American and not even close to being All State, but I don't know why you think that makes any difference. I did turn in some embarrassing performances from time to time and tried to learn from those experiences. My comment was not hateful, it was not directed at any player, and I doubt that very many kids or adults who have played sports have never been embarrassed at their own performance or at a coach's performance or behavior over some game.

And when I use the word embarrassed, I am not suggesting that the players literally hide their faces and I am also not using the word as a synonym for "ashamed." Players should never be ashamed of how they played if they gave maximum effort - if they don't make any mistakes, then they are not taking enough risks. I could have said that the defense must have been disappointed to give up so many yards, but I didn't. Forgive me for not being more sensitive the the feelings of those who might be offended by my choice of words. I don't have an editor looking over my wording before I hit the Post Reply button. Corbin gave up 747 yards in its first 5 games and then gave up over 500 yards in their sixth game. I don't think anybody expected that result, including Simon Kenton. I doubt that Corbin will give up that many yards of offense in another game, no matter how deep of a run they make in the playoffs.
Well said. I took it the wrong way and am man enough to apologize. I tend to take things personal when I think someone is being derogatory towards our boys. Especially since my son is on the team. All forgiven.
Yes Sgt Slaughter Hoot is a good guy very knowledgeable also what I've seen him post.He does tend to root for the bad guys tho lol
(10-04-2022, 08:13 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:

Well said. I took it the wrong way and am man enough to apologize. I tend to take things personal when I think someone is being derogatory towards our boys. Especially since my son is on the team. All forgiven.
You will never see me direct anything derogatory toward a player who is trying to play to the best of his ability. I may criticize a coach for tolerating players not putting out maximum effort, but not the players themselves. Even bad attitudes are usually the result of poor coaching and a lack of leadership skills. I hate the fact that so many games in Kentucky football end with running clocks. I strongly believe that when teams from two schools in the same class (very small 1A schools are the exception) play each other, the game should very rarely end with a running clock and the clock should almost never be running before halftime. There is too much bad coaching in Kentucky high school football. Some of those coaches are coaching because they are forced to take the job on as a condition of employment and others are making a good effort but just don't have the skills to do better.

You are lucky that your son is playing in a consistently good football program. My sons played on one of the best Johnson Central teams before Matney arrived, but the three years between Coach Matney and former Musick were three of the worst years in Johnson Central's history. The team went from a 10-0 regular season to winning 5 games over the next 3 years. After both boys graduated, Matney arrived and went 7-3 in his first season. The only real difference in Johnson Central during those three down years was the head coaches were not very good. The teams played with no discipline, they were in poor physical condition for two of the seasons, and they did not play hard. A lot of people claimed that the team was losing because they had no senior leadership, which was a ridiculous thing to say. Nothing went well during those three seasons.

Players deserve competent coaches. Not every coach is capable of being great at his job, but they should strive to be good enough to not have similar sized schools beat their teams year after year by running clock margins. Both Coach Matney and Coach Musick spent a lot of time with the elementary and middle coaches and players as they built up JC's program and Coach Peck is doing the same. I have only watched three of Jesse Peck's weekly shows but the middle school head coach was featured in one show and one of his youngest assistant coaches was featured in another show. The restaurant that hoses the show was filled with players, coaches, and parents. I think that Coach Peck is going to do a great job at Johnson Central and Coach Matney left behind some big shoes to fill. But I know that every football program is only one bad hiring decision away from mediocrity - or worse.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Bull got out!, Sgt Slaughter
^Sorry for all the rambling. I tried to edit my post down to size but ran out of time.  Big Grin

Good luck to Corbin this week. I think that I have already predicted that Knox will pay for Simon Kenton piling up so much yardage last week. I expect that the Redhounds will play lockdown defense this week.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Bull got out!, Sgt Slaughter
(10-04-2022, 09:28 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: ^Sorry for all the rambling. I tried to edit my post down to size but ran out of time.  Big Grin

Good luck to Corbin this week. I think that I have already predicted that Knox will pay for Simon Kenton piling up so much yardage last week. I expect that the Redhounds will play lockdown defense this week.

I enjoy reading your post Hoot! No matter what thread it’s on or about!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
(10-04-2022, 09:28 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: ^Sorry for all the rambling. I tried to edit my post down to size but ran out of time.  Big Grin

Not rambling , but very good insight and thoughts. Well said again. I really enjoyed reading that as well. Lol.
(10-04-2022, 06:11 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote: Ya never know with coach Buckner. Lol. The man is a great coach.

That’s one face I wouldn’t mind seeing in the Red and white again!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!
(10-02-2022, 09:44 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
I’m not gonna use the word embarrassment, but they got exposed and they should be pissed off about it. Take that and turn it into fuel. But that defense isn’t gonna win us a title. To me there was a simple solution, but I don’t get paid to make those calls. 

but knowing hoot, I don’t think he meant it as disrespect. But when “top tier” teams give up over 500 yds on D. They are gonna get criticized. But what most do fail to realize, SK has a very good offense. And probably the best QB we’ll face the rest of the year. 

but to answer your question hoot, no he isn’t a fan, just look at his post. He trolls is and gets people angry at Corbin. But it’s fine. I don’t think anyone will lose sleep over a comment on here. 

As to KC, no contest. Just not enough in their stable to keep up with red dawgs. But i did watch part of their game online. Parton is one heck of a player. I don’t know if he’s the best in the 13th region. But he’s definitely in the discussion.

I sleep like a baby after trolling and winding people up  until their spring is about to break. lol
Knox beat Bell. I see a win, but not a running clock. I am also cracking up at our fan base at our continued confidence of an undefeated season. Nothing has changed up top. When that changes we will play in December. I’m a realist. Y’all are fakes, trolls, homers, or have a son playing and beaming with pride. It’s ok to be proud and have confidence. But you will do better if you are humble, and do it first. Don’t talk, walk the walk! And like I said. The old dogs at the top are still there. One day the fans in here will realize it starts at the top and filters down to the kids on the field. Kids and parents don’t change the program.

35-14 Corbin
(10-04-2022, 06:11 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(10-04-2022, 03:00 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: Aww, figured its time to come out of hibernation.

Knox has a few players playing this Friday that hasn’t played all season along with injury bug and illness, this will be the first game they dress a full lineup.  Also a few transfers that may or not play this week depending, a stud dB from south florida and a wr thats name will ring a bell to corbin faithful.  Knox is the more physical team and for that reason I think this game is closer than what many expect, i am not going to give corbin the win because a message board says so.  If they win, they will have to earn it.
WR won’t play unless his ACL/MCL is miraculously healed all of the sudden.

(10-04-2022, 03:00 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: Aww, figured its time to come out of hibernation.

Knox has a few players playing this Friday that hasn’t played all season along with injury bug and illness, this will be the first game they dress a full lineup.  Also a few transfers that may or not play this week depending, a stud dB from south florida and a wr thats name will ring a bell to corbin faithful.  Knox is the more physical team and for that reason I think this game is closer than what many expect, i am not going to give corbin the win because a message board says so.  If they win, they will have to earn it.

(10-04-2022, 03:08 PM)Plan2play Wrote: Heard knox was putting in the wishbone this week….
Ya never know with coach Buckner. Lol. The man is a great coach.

It's nice to hear a Jellico man called a great coach.
(10-04-2022, 08:13 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:

This is one fine post, and shows what great character you have. It made my day to read it.
(10-05-2022, 11:46 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

(10-04-2022, 03:08 PM)Plan2play Wrote: Heard knox was putting in the wishbone this week….

It’s even better to hear you Corbin people call a corbin man God
(10-05-2022, 01:51 PM)Plan2play Wrote:

I assure you from my standpoint at least there’s not a Corbin man I consider a “god” unless it’s coach Hannah. Lol
Haha. Ole DH is a good guy. Quiet a few great men that’s been on thay sideline that never get any credit for what they do, or overshadowed by egotistical narcissists who only care about themselves and their kids…

But I hope Buckner does well there. And I think he will once he gets his program in place. Knox has had some good athletes come through. And as far a play calling and in game situations, Buckner was the smartest guy on our slide line the last 2 years. Maybe even since he’s been there. I know a lot of sets and plays we came out in were his and not haddix’s.

I just can’t see a team that lost to Harlan Co being able to stay within 50 points of Corbin. 

Corbin 56
Knox 7
Three people actually picked Knox to win? That must have been in jest. I about peed my pants from laughing so hard. Corbin could probably score 92 on the Panthers if they wanted. But let's not get carried away, Hounds' fans. Corbin has real issues on defense, as a good offensive team in Simon Kenton exposed last week. And the issues better get fixed before game 13 or 14 or, as another poster mentioned, Corbin won't be getting near a championship trophy. Offense can win 13 games but it take defensive excellence to win games 14 and 15. Corbin was not excellent on defense last week.
(10-05-2022, 01:51 PM)Plan2play Wrote:

I'm not Corbin people. nor do I call any man a God. Sober up.
Game Day!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
(10-02-2022, 10:21 PM)Colonelfan72 Wrote: Parton would make a dandy running back for Kade to hand the ball to next year
No Glory in handing the ball off.. If you’ve not noticed the passed 4-5 games we’re throwing the ball around the field like it’s Monday Night Football. It’s working great and I think it’ll keep working till we play someone like a Boyle County. Corbin needs to stay focused on Corbin Football and run the damn ball. Next two seasons under current OC will be an air raid attack that Corbin has never seen before. Turn the hounds loose and run the ball it’s only way to beat Boyle County in Championship..
(10-03-2022, 01:21 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(10-02-2022, 10:13 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(10-02-2022, 10:02 PM)Hound05 Wrote: He is. But i love our RB. Wouldn’t trade him for anyone.

Cameron is my Mr. Football. I agree with you there. Im just saying Parton is a good one and he is coming back for another year since he was mentioned. I like Big Foot Baker, Brody can do anything Wells and Kid Elam… maybe Partin will want to be a Redhound some day lol.  Smile
Yea I know, I just figured I’d show CC some love. 

hmmmm…. Maybe 4 years ago I would probably have bet he would have worn the red and white. But we  lost our rendition of “Vince marrow” to boyle hahah.

He's my favorite player. I should have asked him for his autograph.
Hounds roll
We don’t even play Knox central. This was just an attempt to cause problems for the most part