Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knox Central @ Corbin 10/07
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Knox Central will travel to Corbin this Friday.

Knox Central (4-2)
Aug 19, 22 Clay County home (W) 34 - 26  Knox Professional Pharmacy Bowl 
Aug 26, 22 Bell County home (W) 32 - 28  Appalachian Wireless Bowl 
Sep 2, 22 South Laurel away (W) 33 - 6 
Sep 8, 22 Harlan County home (L) 18 - 45 
Sep 16, 22 Paintsville away (L) 30 - 35 
Sep 30, 22 Bourbon County away (W) 62 - 61

Corbin (6-0)
Aug 19, 22 Pikeville home (W) 24 - 19  Cumberland Falls Pigskin Classic 
Aug 26, 22 Whitley County home (W) 42 - 13 
Sep 2, 22 Franklin County away (W) 40 - 20 
Sep 9, 22 Pulaski County home (W) 24 - 21 
Sep 16, 22 Somerset away (W) 45 - 7 
Sep 30, 22 Simon Kenton away (W) 38 - 35

Series Per KHSAA
Sep 5, 2008 Corbin 35 Knox Central 14
Nov 1, 2013 Corbin 27 Knox Central 0
Oct 31, 2014 Corbin 20 Knox Central 6
Oct 30, 2015 Knox Central 36 Corbin 0
Oct 28, 2016 Corbin 39 Knox Central 0
Oct 27, 2017 Corbin 36 Knox Central 21
Oct 26, 2018 Corbin 28 Knox Central 14
Oct 11, 2019 Corbin 38 Knox Central 21
Nov 8, 2019 Corbin 42 Knox Central 21 2019 Class 4A 2019 UK Orthopaedics/KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Oct 9, 2020 Corbin 34 Knox Central 7
Nov 27, 2020 Corbin 41 Knox Central 0 2020 Class 4A 2020 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals
Oct 8, 2021 Corbin 56 Knox Central 0

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...6e6a656543

Thoughts?
Clock runner. Especially after seeing Bourbon put up 61. Corbin won’t let one player dominate them. Shut down KC QB it’s a wrap.
Corbin to 7-0.
Corbin puts a running clock on KC by halftime. The Partin kid at KC is hands down the best football player in the 13th Region but Corbin won’t allow one kid to beat them. I’ll be shocked if Partin gets 80-90 yards rushing. Corbins defense best in the state and they will shut KC’s running game down period. I look for JV to be playing KC in 3rd quarter. Just another win on the way to Kroger field. No one can stop the train that the Hounds are on. 10-0 regular season and 5-0 in the playoffs. Corbin will own Boyle County this year. Go Hounds..
I Don’t see Knox Central scoring against Corbin varsity team.

Corbin 49
Knox Central 00
——————————————————
Second half game, remember this is a running clock game at this time.

Corbin JV, Freshman 14
Knox Central 00

Corbin JV
Corbin's defense embarrassed themselves against Simon Kenton and will make Knox Central pay in this game. This game should get ugly in a hurry.
(10-02-2022, 12:31 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]Corbin's defense embarrassed themselves against Simon Kenton and will make Knox Central pay in this game. This game should get ugly in a hurry.
How did Corbins defense embarrass themselves? They won in the road. Don’t matter where you start it’s the finish that counts. Corbin 6-0 and soon to be 15-0 State Champions. We will have to put a statue of Greer next to Colonel Sanders or at least all entrances to City of Corbin. Go Hounds.
(10-02-2022, 12:39 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2022, 12:31 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]Corbin's defense embarrassed themselves against Simon Kenton and will make Knox Central pay in this game. This game should get ugly in a hurry.
How did Corbins defense embarrass themselves? They won in the road. Don’t matter where you start it’s the finish that counts. Corbin 6-0 and soon to be 15-0 State Champions. We will have to put a statue of Greer next to Colonel Sanders or at least all entrances to City of Corbin. Go Hounds.

Big Grin oh lord, I’m not calling out any of our players individually but we didn’t cover certain passing routes at all Friday night…
Corbin big
They gave up over 500 yards of total offense in a single game. I doubt that Corbin's coaches' focus in practice will be on the team's offense this week. The offense seems to be firing on all cylinders but any defense that gives up twice as much yardage as its offense produces in a game should be scrambling for ways improve. Simon Kenton gained far more yards against Corbin than any of its other opponents. If Corbin's defense does not improve, they are not going to get anywhere near a state championship trophy this season.
Corbin rolls in this one. 

Corbin-56
Knox-7
(10-02-2022, 01:10 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]

Big Grin oh lord, I’m not calling out any of our players individually but we didn’t cover certain passing routes at all Friday night…
The most encouraging thing that I saw in the SK game stats was that SK rushed for over 300 yards, including 258 yards by Jayden Lawson. That should be an effective wake-up call for Corbin. If I was a Knox Central fan, I would not be looking forward to their game with Corbin.
(10-02-2022, 01:43 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
They gave up over 500 yards of total offense in a single game. I doubt that Corbin's coaches' focus in practice will be on the team's offense this week. The offense seems to be firing on all cylinders but any defense that gives up twice as much yardage as its offense produces in a game should be scrambling for ways improve. Simon Kenton gained far more yards against Corbin than any of its other opponents. If Corbin's defense does not improve, they are not going to get anywhere near a state championship trophy this season.

Well if you wanna get nit picky about it?. Just goes to show people that hey you get 500 yards offense on our defense but we’ll still WIN. Yes Simon Kenton exposed us two years in a row but we beat them both years and moved in to the next Win. Johnson Central is way down this year and everyone knows it. Corbin WILL beat every team they play remainder of year especially Johnson Central. Go Hounds..
(10-02-2022, 01:57 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote: [ -> ]

Well if you wanna get nit picky about it?. Just goes to show people that hey you get 500 yards offense on our defense but we’ll still WIN. Yes Simon Kenton exposed us two years in a row but we beat them both years and moved in to the next Win. Johnson Central is way down this year and everyone knows it. Corbin WILL beat every team they play remainder of year especially Johnson Central. Go Hounds.
Johnson Central is not down at all this season and all the wishful thinking in the world is not going to make that true. I have a hard time believing that you are really a Corbin fan. Is that you @Wideright?  Big Grin
(10-02-2022, 02:04 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2022, 01:57 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote: [ -> ]

Well if you wanna get nit picky about it?. Just goes to show people that hey you get 500 yards offense on our defense but we’ll still WIN. Yes Simon Kenton exposed us two years in a row but we beat them both years and moved in to the next Win. Johnson Central is way down this year and everyone knows it. Corbin WILL beat every team they play remainder of year especially Johnson Central. Go Hounds.
Johnson Central is not down at all this season and all the wishful thinking in the world is not going to make that true. I have a hard time believing that you are really a Corbin fan. Is that you @Wideright?  Big Grin

Fan since knee high to jack rabbit. In the endzone every Friday night ? but yes Johnson Central is down, you don’t loose a Grant Bingham with almost your entire line and not be down I’m sorry.
So let me get this straight. A group of young men who played their guts out , never gave up , and yes gave up a chunk of yards embarrassed themselves. Wow , coming from someone who I guess was a all American in high school. The only thing embarrassing is how stupid your comment is. Get real. These boys aren’t perfect , and the last time I check every team gives up some type of total yards. Some more , some less. A win is a win no matter this you get it. Far from embarrassing SMH
(10-02-2022, 06:47 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote: [ -> ]
So let me get this straight. A group of young men who played their guts out , never gave up , and yes gave up a chunk of yards embarrassed themselves. Wow , coming from someone who I guess was a all American in high school. The only thing embarrassing is how stupid your comment is. Get real. These boys aren’t perfect , and the last time I check every team gives up some type of total yards. Some more , some less. A win is a win no matter this you get it. Far from embarrassing SMH
I’m not gonna use the word embarrassment, but they got exposed and they should be pissed off about it. Take that and turn it into fuel. But that defense isn’t gonna win us a title. To me there was a simple solution, but I don’t get paid to make those calls. 

but knowing hoot, I don’t think he meant it as disrespect. But when “top tier” teams give up over 500 yds on D. They are gonna get criticized. But what most do fail to realize, SK has a very good offense. And probably the best QB we’ll face the rest of the year. 

but to answer your question hoot, no he isn’t a fan, just look at his post. He trolls is and gets people angry at Corbin. But it’s fine. I don’t think anyone will lose sleep over a comment on here. 

As to KC, no contest. Just not enough in their stable to keep up with red dawgs. But i did watch part of their game online. Parton is one heck of a player. I don’t know if he’s the best in the 13th region. But he’s definitely in the discussion.
Parton is a beast!
He is. But i love our RB. Wouldn’t trade him for anyone.
(10-02-2022, 10:02 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]He is. But i love our RB. Wouldn’t trade him for anyone.

Cameron is my Mr. Football. I agree with you there. Im just saying Parton is a good one and he is coming back for another year since he was mentioned. I like Big Foot Baker, Brody can do anything Wells and Kid Elam… maybe Partin will want to be a Redhound some day lol.  Smile
Parton would make a dandy running back for Kade to hand the ball to next year
(10-02-2022, 10:13 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2022, 10:02 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]He is. But i love our RB. Wouldn’t trade him for anyone.

Cameron is my Mr. Football. I agree with you there. Im just saying Parton is a good one and he is coming back for another year since he was mentioned. I like Big Foot Baker, Brody can do anything Wells and Kid Elam… maybe Partin will want to be a Redhound some day lol.  Smile
Yea I know, I just figured I’d show CC some love. 

hmmmm…. Maybe 4 years ago I would probably have bet he would have worn the red and white. But we  lost our rendition of “Vince marrow” to boyle hahah.
(10-02-2022, 12:06 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]I Don’t see Knox Central scoring against Corbin varsity team.

Corbin 49
Knox Central 00
——————————————————
Second half game, remember this is a running clock game at this time.

Corbin JV, Freshman 14
Knox Central 00

Corbin JV

Knox will score because the Partin kid is the real deal. He’s rushing for 1100 yards plus and 20 TD’s .. he’s a full load. Corbin moves on 7-0..
(10-02-2022, 09:44 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2022, 06:47 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote: [ -> ]
I’m not gonna use the word embarrassment, but they got exposed and they should be pissed off about it. Take that and turn it into fuel. But that defense isn’t gonna win us a title. To me there was a simple solution, but I don’t get paid to make those calls. 

but knowing hoot, I don’t think he meant it as disrespect. But when “top tier” teams give up over 500 yds on D. They are gonna get criticized. But what most do fail to realize, SK has a very good offense. And probably the best QB we’ll face the rest of the year. 

but to answer your question hoot, no he isn’t a fan, just look at his post. He trolls is and gets people angry at Corbin. But it’s fine. I don’t think anyone will lose sleep over a comment on here. 

As to KC, no contest. Just not enough in their stable to keep up with red dawgs. But i did watch part of their game online. Parton is one heck of a player. I don’t know if he’s the best in the 13th region. But he’s definitely in the discussion.
 There are most always simple solutions that everyone at the game can recognize but the adjustments are never made. And to the guy saying they'll build a statue of Greer.....IF corbin wins a state championship it will be in spite of our "defensive mastermind" not because of him. Corbin has to have an overwhelming advantage in raw talent to beat decently coached teams. Maybe they have it this year, we will find out.
Corbin 56-6
Aww, figured its time to come out of hibernation.

Knox has a few players playing this Friday that hasn’t played all season along with injury bug and illness, this will be the first game they dress a full lineup.  Also a few transfers that may or not play this week depending, a stud dB from south florida and a wr thats name will ring a bell to corbin faithful.  Knox is the more physical team and for that reason I think this game is closer than what many expect, i am not going to give corbin the win because a message board says so.  If they win, they will have to earn it.
Heard knox was putting in the wishbone this week….
(10-02-2022, 10:13 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

Man if there ever was a nickname that would go down as one of the greatest that’s awesome. Lol. Along with Legatron colonelfan72 gave him.
Legation is exactly right!
(10-04-2022, 03:00 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: [ -> ]Aww, figured its time to come out of hibernation.

Knox has a few players playing this Friday that hasn’t played all season along with injury bug and illness, this will be the first game they dress a full lineup.  Also a few transfers that may or not play this week depending, a stud dB from south florida and a wr thats name will ring a bell to corbin faithful.  Knox is the more physical team and for that reason I think this game is closer than what many expect, i am not going to give corbin the win because a message board says so.  If they win, they will have to earn it.
WR won’t play unless his ACL/MCL is miraculously healed all of the sudden.

(10-04-2022, 03:00 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: [ -> ]Aww, figured its time to come out of hibernation.

WR won’t play unless his ACL/MCL is miraculously healed all of the sudden.

(10-04-2022, 03:08 PM)Plan2play Wrote: [ -> ]Heard knox was putting in the wishbone this week….
Ya never know with coach Buckner. Lol. The man is a great coach.
Pages: 1 2