Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 60 LCA 21
Boy did Pikeville impress tonight!! Until & only if Pikeville loses to a 1A team will I consider them anything but the best team in the class!! Especially on nights like this one, because no one in 1A would have had anything for them tonight!! Good win for Coach Mac & company!! Does Pikeville play Madison Central next week?! A cookie for the person with the right answer!! ?
[-] The following 2 users Like Boomer_Sooner's post:
  • Big Five-0-, TheStickyBandit
(09-24-2022, 01:38 AM)Patriot1 Wrote:
(09-24-2022, 01:01 AM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
(09-24-2022, 12:53 AM)KColley Wrote:
(09-24-2022, 12:49 AM)Patriot1 Wrote:
(09-24-2022, 12:33 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: No they aren’t. If we play like that against Pikeville we will get beat by eleventy billion
Sometimes these high school teams aren’t really mentally focused enough on the game and instead of playing to their ability they just don’t perform. I personally think Raceland has a very good team with good players every where and they definitely will be all right and I have seen other teams do the same thing. One never knows what’s going to happen in high school football games. No team is unbeatable and it only takes one game to put you out at the end of the year.

Very good post, I agree with you, definitely think Raceland is a very good football team and they'll be right there in the state semis or state finals with a chance to win it all regardless of how the RPI shakes out.
This is really just by virtue of 1A being a really weak division.  Not to take anything away from Raceland because we do have a good team but let’s be real for a minute and ask if this discussion would be had if teams like Beechwood or Mayfield were still in 1A.  Over the past 10 years it seems like when a team in 1A asserts its dominance they move up and the division becomes weaker as a result.
Part of this I agree with and yes their would have been some 1A teams that wouldn’t have won a championship but in 2015 Pikeville beat Beechwood and in 2018 they should have if an injury to one of Pikeville’s players wouldn’t have happened and in 2019 they could have beaten any team in 2A that year and did beat the 3A team that year that won 3A. After saying that in reality we don’t know any fictional games would turn out. I think all classes are weak when in most cases you get down past the first 4 or 5 teams. A 1A championship trophy right now is just as great as it was back in the old days to those teams as is to these teams now. So why make it seem less worthy to these teams now. I have heard this same talk on this site for years and it will never be nothing more than opinions of some.
The Pikeville teams from the last 2-3 years certainly would have been in the hunt for a title and probably still would have won with Mayfield and Beechwood in Class A.  If you put this version of Pikeville in 2A they would be a contender this year and would have a good shot at making it to Kroger.

I was mainly talking about Raceland being in the discussion.  I played in the old 4 Class system when Class A was arguably one of the toughest classes from top to bottom and Raceland wasn’t even mentioned as a top 10 team.  The point I was making was Raceland is only considered a top program now because all of competition left the division that would have knocked them out of the top spots.
(09-24-2022, 01:38 AM)Boomer_Sooner Wrote: Boy did Pikeville impress tonight!! Until & only if Pikeville loses to a 1A team will I consider them anything but the best team in the class!! Especially on nights like this one, because no one in 1A would have had anything for them tonight!! Good win for Coach Mac & company!! Does Pikeville play Madison Central next week?! A cookie for the person with the right answer!! ?

Madison Central comes to Pikeville next Friday night.
(09-24-2022, 01:52 AM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
(09-24-2022, 01:38 AM)Patriot1 Wrote:
(09-24-2022, 01:01 AM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
(09-24-2022, 12:53 AM)KColley Wrote:
(09-24-2022, 12:49 AM)Patriot1 Wrote: Sometimes these high school teams aren’t really mentally focused enough on the game and instead of playing to their ability they just don’t perform. I personally think Raceland has a very good team with good players every where and they definitely will be all right and I have seen other teams do the same thing. One never knows what’s going to happen in high school football games. No team is unbeatable and it only takes one game to put you out at the end of the year.

Very good post, I agree with you, definitely think Raceland is a very good football team and they'll be right there in the state semis or state finals with a chance to win it all regardless of how the RPI shakes out.
This is really just by virtue of 1A being a really weak division.  Not to take anything away from Raceland because we do have a good team but let’s be real for a minute and ask if this discussion would be had if teams like Beechwood or Mayfield were still in 1A.  Over the past 10 years it seems like when a team in 1A asserts its dominance they move up and the division becomes weaker as a result.
Part of this I agree with and yes their would have been some 1A teams that wouldn’t have won a championship but in 2015 Pikeville beat Beechwood and in 2018 they should have if an injury to one of Pikeville’s players wouldn’t have happened and in 2019 they could have beaten any team in 2A that year and did beat the 3A team that year that won 3A. After saying that in reality we don’t know any fictional games would turn out. I think all classes are weak when in most cases you get down past the first 4 or 5 teams. A 1A championship trophy right now is just as great as it was back in the old days to those teams as is to these teams now. So why make it seem less worthy to these teams now. I have heard this same talk on this site for years and it will never be nothing more than opinions of some.
The Pikeville teams from the last 2-3 years certainly would have been in the hunt for a title and probably still would have won with Mayfield and Beechwood in Class A.  If you put this version of Pikeville in 2A they would be a contender this year and would have a good shot at making it to Kroger.

I was mainly talking about Raceland being in the discussion.  I played in the old 4 Class system when Class A was arguably one of the toughest classes from top to bottom and Raceland wasn’t even mentioned as a top 10 team.  The point I was making was Raceland is only considered a top program now because all of competition left the division that would have knocked them out of the top spots.
I understand why you feel that way because in the old days I played at Belfry and we had a good team but we played teams sort of in our district and region and we beat the ones we were supposed to beat but lost to teams in the playoffs like Fort Thomas and Ashland which in those years were the better teams. Point I am getting at is like Raceland and my team we really didn’t play the competition we needed to, to makes us better. Now I don’t think that happens in one year but playing a good schedule over the years in most cases makes teams better year in and out. No BS I still think Raceland has a really good football team with a lot of talent but they only have to put out their best effort in maybe 2 games this year and I would have counted Ashland in years past but not this year all though they played Hazard tuff tonight. Still a long season and I honestly hope nothing but the best for Raceland this year but except for 1 game if that happens. Tonight was Pikeville’s best effort of the year in my opinion but even at that they still have some issues to clean up. There were games last year that I would have thought Pikeville wasn’t even going to get very far in the playoffs but they put it together and made a good run except for the championship game I thought they played poorly.
Pikeville class 1A kings again this year. 1A is weak, but as mentioned before, all classes for the most part in KY are weak once you get past the top 4-5 teams. Coach Mac and the panthers are doing impressive things the last few years in Pikeville. Congrats panthers!
Going to be honest, pretty embarrassing when you go to a 6 man front and essentially don’t even guard the outside receivers and you still can’t stop the run. Pikeville completely dominated the LOS. If teams at the single A level can’t match them upfront, it’s over. I’ll be anxious to see another massive test this Friday before I really go overboard with the offensive transition that has happened over the last couple weeks.
Maybe Belfry just isn’t that good.
Maybe LCA is just too beat up right now.
Maybe……but dang Pikeville looks good upfront right now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Micro-Brew's post:
  • rookie57
(09-24-2022, 10:14 AM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Going to be honest, pretty embarrassing when you go to a 6 man front and essentially don’t even guard the outside receivers and you still can’t stop the run.  Pikeville completely dominated the LOS. If teams at the single A level can’t match them upfront, it’s over. I’ll be anxious to see another massive test this Friday before I really go overboard with the offensive transition that has happened over the last couple weeks.
Maybe Belfry just isn’t that good.
Maybe LCA is just too beat up right now.
Maybe……but dang Pikeville looks good upfront right now.

Also 5 guys in the box on defense dominated the LOS. The three guys up front for Pikeville really make life easy for their linebackers.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I do have to say Pikeville delivered some lumber last night Carson’s hit that popped the LCA players helmet off and Wade hits on the receiver at the goal line that separates the player from the ball and Boykins hit on the block that Pikeville s quarterback scored on even though I thought it would have got a flag and they were a lot more hits that could be noted over all Pikevilles defense came to play a really good game and as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Looking at pikeville schedule, and how they preformed even in losses, I’m beginning to believe as others they very well could beat anyone in 2A as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rookie57's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(09-24-2022, 01:38 AM)EBoomer_Sooner Wrote: Boy did Pikeville impress tonight!! Until & only if Pikeville loses to a 1A team will I consider them anything but the best team in the class!! Especially on nights like this one, because no one in 1A would have had anything for them tonight!! Good win for Coach Mac & company!! Does Pikeville play Madison Central next week?! A cookie for the person with the right answer!! ?
Yep. That is  correct. That’s gonna be a stern test for Pikeville. Would like to say it’s a pop quiz, but no. It will be tough against 6-a MC.

(09-24-2022, 11:57 AM)rookie57 Wrote: Looking at pikeville schedule, and how they preformed even in losses, I’m beginning to believe as others they very well could beat anyone in 2A as well.
Good point. I’d like to see Pikeville/Mayfield go head to head.
(09-24-2022, 12:26 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:
(09-23-2022, 11:38 PM)rookie57 Wrote: Is pikeville that good or LCA that bad?
LCA is terrible.
Ram a devil. Be sure to tell Racelands coach that LCA, Belfry, Corbin, Cov Cath and Madison Central are all needing games next year. All of them are terrible and should be easy wins for them next year and  really help there RPI!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Panthers Dominate's post:
  • Big Five-0-, EastKYProud
(09-24-2022, 12:40 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: I just don’t see anyone in 1A coming close to Pikeville this year. They’d probably win 1A-3A and are a top 10-12 team regardless of class. Personally I think they are better than last year. Wouldn’t put them on 2019 level but they are good. What is going on with LCA? Watched them dominate Belfry and last 3 weeks they’ve been beaten badly.
The last 2 weeks before the Pikeville game they didn't have their QB. But he did play in this game. Without him Pikeville would have put a running clock on them in the 2nd quarter
Mayfield and Beechwood are on another level i doubt Pikeville would beat either of these two.LCA is just not a very good team now!!!!
(09-24-2022, 03:31 PM)barnabus_c2001 Wrote: Mayfield and Beechwood are on another level i doubt Pikeville would beat either of these two.LCA is just not a very good team now!!!!
Pikeville would beat them both, but what do I Know? I thought paducah TILGHMAN was gonna be a contender this year and you see how that’s going. I just don’t think mayfield has the horses to win it all, and I don’t think they would beat pikeville.
Pikeville would have won 2A in 2019 imo and would definitely be a legit contender this season in 2A.
(09-24-2022, 12:08 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote:
(09-24-2022, 01:38 AM)EBoomer_Sooner Wrote: Boy did Pikeville impress tonight!! Until & only if Pikeville loses to a 1A team will I consider them anything but the best team in the class!! Especially on nights like this one, because no one in 1A would have had anything for them tonight!! Good win for Coach Mac & company!! Does Pikeville play Madison Central next week?! A cookie for the person with the right answer!! ?
Yep. That is  correct. That’s gonna be a stern test for Pikeville. Would like to say it’s a pop quiz, but no. It will be tough against 6-a MC.

(09-24-2022, 11:57 AM)rookie57 Wrote: Looking at pikeville schedule, and how they preformed even in losses, I’m beginning to believe as others they very well could beat anyone in 2A as well.
Good point. I’d like to see Pikeville/Mayfield go head to head.

I want to see the Beechwood vs Pikeville rivalry Start up again! I loved those games! 

(09-24-2022, 04:12 PM)rookie57 Wrote:
(09-24-2022, 03:31 PM)barnabus_c2001 Wrote: Mayfield and Beechwood are on another level i doubt Pikeville would beat either of these two.LCA is just not a very good team now!!!!
Pikeville would beat them both, but what do I Know? I thought paducah TILGHMAN was gonna be a contender this year and you see how that’s going. I just don’t think mayfield has the horses to win it all, and I don’t think they would beat pikeville.

I don’t know about beating them both. It would be fun games to watch. Beechwood hasn’t had their starting QB all year. They have had a freshmen play good while he was in but the Tigers starting QB should be back this week or next. 
I watched this one back. Pikeville only threw the ball 3 times. The sad thing is they never even really needed to throw the ball. I’m not sure if LCA had players out defensively, but man they didn’t even make it tough. Pikevilles 3 man rush got pressure all night and even 4 early on in the game. It was said the quarterback for LCA threw for 300+ yards, but it didn’t seem that way to me. There running game was nonexistent. His receivers didn’t help him out to much as they had some drops. My only question for Pikeville and mean this nicely. Why in the HELL is Blake Birchfield in there on defense? You are deep enough to have someone else….
(09-26-2022, 01:14 AM)bac2369 Wrote: I watched this one back. Pikeville only threw the ball 3 times. The sad thing is they never even really needed to throw the ball. I’m not sure if LCA had players out defensively, but man they didn’t even make it tough.  Pikevilles 3 man rush got pressure all night and even 4 early on in the game. It was said the quarterback for LCA threw for 300+ yards, but it didn’t seem that way to me. There running game was nonexistent. His receivers didn’t help him out to much as they had some drops.  My only question for Pikeville and mean this nicely. Why in the HELL is Blake Birchfield in there on defense? You are deep enough to have someone else….
Because he is very good at it too. Blake is a very good defensive back but they use him very seldom against a good quarterback and like you said before they were getting pressure with a 3 man rush and LCA was sending 5 receivers out and they couldn’t run the ball against Pikeville so that is the only reason I could see but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
(09-26-2022, 01:23 AM)Patriot1 Wrote:
(09-26-2022, 01:14 AM)bac2369 Wrote: I watched this one back. Pikeville only threw the ball 3 times. The sad thing is they never even really needed to throw the ball. I’m not sure if LCA had players out defensively, but man they didn’t even make it tough.  Pikevilles 3 man rush got pressure all night and even 4 early on in the game. It was said the quarterback for LCA threw for 300+ yards, but it didn’t seem that way to me. There running game was nonexistent. His receivers didn’t help him out to much as they had some drops.  My only question for Pikeville and mean this nicely. Why in the HELL is Blake Birchfield in there on defense? You are deep enough to have someone else….
Because he is very good at it too. Blake is a very good defensive back but they use him very seldom against a good quarterback and like you said before they were getting pressure with a 3 man rush and LCA was sending 5 receivers out and they couldn’t run the ball against Pikeville so that is the only reason I could see but as always GO PANTHERS!!!

Athlete is what he is. I just don’t think you chance it. If something happens, then everyone is why is he out there. Why would u do that when you have the dept they do..

Patriot hope to see in a few weeks to chat it up again…
[-] The following 1 user Likes bac2369's post:
  • Patriot1
Because it's high school football. Your best players shouldn't leave the field!
[-] The following 1 user Likes FootballFan1999's post:
  • VoR_58