Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 60 LCA 21
Final from Pikeville
Watched this game and the absolute show that Birchfield put on. I believe this solidifies Pikeville as the far favorite in 1a.
Congratulations Pikeville!!! Huge win!
(09-23-2022, 11:09 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: Watched this game and the absolute show that Birchfield put on. I believe this solidifies Pikeville as the far favorite in 1a.

This should definitely get them in the RPI Class A Top 10 lol, especially since Boley played.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Humpty Dumpty's post:
  • TheStickyBandit
(09-23-2022, 11:12 PM)Humpty Dumpty Wrote:
(09-23-2022, 11:09 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: Watched this game and the absolute show that Birchfield put on. I believe this solidifies Pikeville as the far favorite in 1a.

This should definitely get them in the RPI Class A Top 10 lol, especially since Boley played.
I never underestimate the stupidity of the RPI ranking system lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheStickyBandit's post:
  • jetpilot
Pikeville very impressive tonight. Blake Birchfield keeps on going with 339 yards and 6 tds and one interception. Two surprises tonight was big lineman Mason Sayers interception of Cutter Boley’s pass at somewhere around the 15 and nearly takes it in for a score. The other surprise was Qb Isaac Duty’s td run from scrimmage that covered somewhere around 45 to 50 yards.congrats on the big win Panthers!!
Lil orange team can’t beat them. Sorry guys. Mountain football is better than a washed up former Devil Ram turned Devil again and competing in the prep league of NEKY.
Is pikeville that good or LCA that bad?
Hey 1A…….Hello
[-] The following 2 users Like Micro-Brew's post:
  • jetpilot, Panther Thunder
(09-23-2022, 11:38 PM)rookie57 Wrote: Is pikeville that good or LCA that bad?

Probably a little both.  I thought Boykins should be the QB but Pikeville is undoubtedly a much better team with Duty at QB and I can admit when I'm wrong.
[-] The following 2 users Like Humpty Dumpty's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Patriot1
Congratulations Pikeville great win tonight still have a few things to work on enjoy the weekend and back to work Monday another tough one but as always GO PANTHERS!,,
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • jetpilot
(09-23-2022, 11:48 PM)Humpty Dumpty Wrote:

Probably a little both.  I thought Boykins should be the QB but Pikeville is undoubtedly a much better team with Duty at QB and I can admit when I'm wrong.
Good question, but next Friday eve. should show us how good Pikeville is......huge test.-
I’m gonna have to go to the 1A state finals, I got to see pikeville play
It will be a blow out; save your money!
(09-24-2022, 12:00 AM)ROTC Wrote: It will be a blow out; save your money!
Maybe, but I still would love to see them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rookie57's post:
  • barnabus_c2001
Pikeville is scary good
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Runner up trophy could be orange; good job lil horn guys in orange!!!!!
LCA is terrible.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAM-A-DEVIL's post:
  • rookie57
(09-24-2022, 12:26 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:
LCA is terrible.
I guess Greenup County is a really good team isn’t the right Ram-A-Poo
No they aren’t. If we play like that against Pikeville we will get beat by eleventy billion
ROTC and Patriot1, you guys have me rolling right now lol
I just don’t see anyone in 1A coming close to Pikeville this year. They’d probably win 1A-3A and are a top 10-12 team regardless of class. Personally I think they are better than last year. Wouldn’t put them on 2019 level but they are good. What is going on with LCA? Watched them dominate Belfry and last 3 weeks they’ve been beaten badly.
Congratulations Pikeville you are the #1 team in 1A and will cakewalk to the championship game.
Unless something weird happens I see a Beechwood vs Mayfield 2a final.
LCA couldn’t block a spam callers phone number. QB was getting killed whole game, they couldn’t tackle a soul, and so many dropped passes

LCA just doesn’t have the Jimmy’s and Joe’s they are accustomed to having.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • BoondockSaint
(09-24-2022, 12:33 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: No they aren’t. If we play like that against Pikeville we will get beat by eleventy billion
Sometimes these high school teams aren’t really mentally focused enough on the game and instead of playing to their ability they just don’t perform. I personally think Raceland has a very good team with good players every where and they definitely will be all right and I have seen other teams do the same thing. One never knows what’s going to happen in high school football games. No team is unbeatable and it only takes one game to put you out at the end of the year.
[-] The following 2 users Like Patriot1's post:
  • Humpty Dumpty, Slic Ric
(09-24-2022, 12:49 AM)Patriot1 Wrote:
(09-24-2022, 12:33 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: No they aren’t. If we play like that against Pikeville we will get beat by eleventy billion
Sometimes these high school teams aren’t really mentally focused enough on the game and instead of playing to their ability they just don’t perform. I personally think Raceland has a very good team with good players every where and they definitely will be all right and I have seen other teams do the same thing. One never knows what’s going to happen in high school football games. No team is unbeatable and it only takes one game to put you out at the end of the year.

Very good post, I agree with you, definitely think Raceland is a very good football team and they'll be right there in the state semis or state finals with a chance to win it all regardless of how the RPI shakes out.
(09-24-2022, 12:53 AM)KColley Wrote:

Very good post, I agree with you, definitely think Raceland is a very good football team and they'll be right there in the state semis or state finals with a chance to win it all regardless of how the RPI shakes out.
This is really just by virtue of 1A being a really weak division.  Not to take anything away from Raceland because we do have a good team but let’s be real for a minute and ask if this discussion would be had if teams like Beechwood or Mayfield were still in 1A.  Over the past 10 years it seems like when a team in 1A asserts its dominance they move up and the division becomes weaker as a result.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • Deuce8
Got my bags packed, looking for about 10 acres to buy then saddling up and moving out to Pikeville next year. Go Panthers!
(09-24-2022, 01:01 AM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
(09-24-2022, 12:53 AM)KColley Wrote:

This is really just by virtue of 1A being a really weak division.  Not to take anything away from Raceland because we do have a good team but let’s be real for a minute and ask if this discussion would be had if teams like Beechwood or Mayfield were still in 1A.  Over the past 10 years it seems like when a team in 1A asserts its dominance they move up and the division becomes weaker as a result.
Part of this I agree with and yes their would have been some 1A teams that wouldn’t have won a championship but in 2015 Pikeville beat Beechwood and in 2018 they should have if an injury to one of Pikeville’s players wouldn’t have happened and in 2019 they could have beaten any team in 2A that year and did beat the 3A team that year that won 3A. After saying that in reality we don’t know any fictional games would turn out. I think all classes are weak when in most cases you get down past the first 4 or 5 teams. A 1A championship trophy right now is just as great as it was back in the old days to those teams as is to these teams now. So why make it seem less worthy to these teams now. I have heard this same talk on this site for years and it will never be nothing more than opinions of some.
[-] The following 4 users Like Patriot1's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Deuce8, Orange Blaze, Slic Ric