Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Covington Catholic
59.52%
Pikeville
40.48%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Covington Catholic @ Pikeville 8/27
Pikeville is still the favorite in 1A regardless of the outcome of this game. I don’t care if they get a running clock put on them at home (if anyone thinks that will happen please bring a sack full money to the game) lol.

I’m sure there are some Pikeville fans that are already mad because they wanted this team to go down as the greatest Pikeville team ever, but that can be put to bed and they should be focused on the true prize at the end of the season.
^ Even though 2019 was a great team I doubt Pikeville will ever have a team as good as the 1987 team, they may have been the best team in Kentucky that year regardless of class. Obviously it's very rare for a Class A team to be the top team in the state, or even be in the discussion in football...though Paintsville has done it before in basketball and baseball which is obviously very impressive.

Anyone who knows high school football in Kentucky had to know the Panthers were going to take a few more Losses on their overall record this season because their schedule is just brutal for a Class A school. I love the schedule though, if this schedule doesn't prepare them for a deep playoff run then no schedule would lol.
Pikeville has a very difficult schedule this year but is still the favorite to win the 1A state title until someone knocks them out of the playoffs.
Pikeville-27
Cov. Catholic-14
Birchfield-rb-pikeville has a big game
I think that Pikeville should win but I don't think it will be easy. If Pikeville has to go to the air much, then that will be to Covington Catholic's advantage. 

Pikeville 21
Covington Catholic 17
Looks like Cov Cath has about 80 on their roster 10th through 12. Pikeville must control the clock and shorten this game as Cov Cath will sub multiple players in and out on offense and defense every play. They use their depth to wear out any teams playing a short bench.
Pukeville putty tats lose so bad that they drop football as a sport!
One thing not to do is wake up a opponent. Pikeville being at home I feel will look to get back to there winning ways. In a hard fought game

Pikeville 35
Covington Catholic 28
Just curious. When is the last time Pikeville lost in the PCB?
(08-24-2022, 07:07 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Just curious. When is the last time Pikeville lost in the PCB?

2017 vs. LCA
(08-24-2022, 08:36 PM)Panther Thunder Wrote:
(08-24-2022, 07:07 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Just curious. When is the last time Pikeville lost in the PCB?

2017 vs. LCA
I remember that game now. 49-21 and the next year Pikeville blows them out 50-7.
Pikeville is gonna have a rough season if they can’t throw the ball, and boykins at qb can’t do that neither can the duty kid, but boykins is a great athlete i’d run the offense through him and birchfield and jus run the ball down peoples throat until they get that figured out it may be a rough start for the panthers.

Cov 28
Pikeville 14
(08-25-2022, 04:01 PM)Vikingfan1989 Wrote: Pikeville is gonna have a rough season if they can’t throw the ball, and boykins at qb can’t do that neither can the duty kid, but boykins is a great athlete i’d run the offense through him and birchfield and jus run the ball down peoples throat until they get that figured out it may be a rough start for the panthers.

Cov 28
Pikeville 14
Woah
Well we will see how that (with Boykin at quarterback) will work out. But the bigger question is where in the world is Jet- pilot I haven’t heard from him since the Corbin game. Has he crashed or something come on back buddy Pikeville will be fine
He’s looking for a big sack of money somewhere lol.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Patriot1
(08-25-2022, 05:06 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: He’s looking for a big sack of money somewhere lol.

I wanted to place a bet with the gamblers, and they wouldn't come out of hiding.lol
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!, Patriot1
Man a lot of qb opinions in here. Keep in mind both those guys had never taken a varsity snap at Pikeville and it’s been ONE game lol. Actually for this Pikeville team having an athletic qb that can run us going to help the running tremendously cause folks won’t be able to key on Birchfield as much. I can also see the need to have a qb that can throw from the pocket. Just gonna have to wait and see. It’s early, lots can happen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hambley's post:
  • Patriot1
(08-25-2022, 05:45 PM)Hambley Wrote: Man a lot of qb opinions in here. Keep in mind both those guys had never taken a varsity snap at Pikeville and it’s been ONE game lol. Actually for this Pikeville team having an athletic qb that can run us going to help the running tremendously cause folks won’t be able to key on Birchfield as much. I can also see the need to have a qb that can throw from the pocket. Just gonna have to wait and see. It’s early, lots can happen.
I agree Hambley but to me Boykins has to have some touches but I can see it hurting against some good teams if you have no threat to pass where they can load the box to stop the run plus Pikeville isn’t using all the weapons they have if they just run the ball plus like I said before good defenses will shut that down now against some lesser competition it will be great but not teams like Covington Catholic
Big task for Pikeville to win this one…..big
Don’t get too excited. Cov Cath not that good
[-] The following 1 user Likes bo67's post:
  • jetpilot
(08-25-2022, 06:49 PM)bo67 Wrote: Don’t get too excited. Cov Cath not that good
Agree
Pikeville fans think they should have beat Corbin and expect to beat Covington Catholic 
This will be a very exciting game
Glad it’s at Pikeville 
Hope Pikeville opens up the offense
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
And for the doubters Pikeville didn’t play very well at Corbin but would have won on their home turf and Corbin is excellent
(08-25-2022, 09:25 PM)jetpilot Wrote: And for the doubters Pikeville didn’t play very well at Corbin but would have won on their home turf and Corbin is excellent
What ??? Did you lose a bet ?
I tried to give Jett some bubble gum but he wasn't chewing LOL.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • jetpilot
(08-25-2022, 09:34 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(08-25-2022, 09:25 PM)jetpilot Wrote: And for the doubters Pikeville didn’t play very well at Corbin but would have won on their home turf and Corbin is excellent
No
Made a fortuna betting against Raceland winning a championship too
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Bull got out!, pjdoug
(08-25-2022, 09:59 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
No
Glad to see you back Jet and I still am backing this 2nd or 3rd best team in 1A
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • jetpilot
Yes P1 I’ll always be here and be a fan even if they fall out of the top 5
Which I don’t see happening haha
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Patriot1
(08-25-2022, 10:12 PM)Patriot1 Wrote:
(08-25-2022, 09:59 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
No
Glad to see you back Jet and I still am backing this 2nd or 3rd best team in 1A
There has been some serious sandbagging from the Pikeville faithful in this thread lol.
(08-21-2022, 11:40 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Pikeville should win this game at home. This is not one of Elder's better teams and they could have beaten Covington Catholic much, much worse than they did.  The Colonels were only able to score after Elder began making mass substitutions after the jumping out to a 35-0 lead.
Will disagree with you. Elder is probsbly the second best team in the GCL. Cov Cath should hammer Pikeville
(08-26-2022, 12:07 AM)Real Badman Wrote:
(08-21-2022, 11:40 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Pikeville should win this game at home. This is not one of Elder's better teams and they could have beaten Covington Catholic much, much worse than they did.  The Colonels were only able to score after Elder began making mass substitutions after the jumping out to a 35-0 lead.
Will disagree with you. Elder is probsbly the second best team in the GCL. Cov Cath should hammer Pikeville
Woah