Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top teams in the 15th for 2005-2006
Sorry disreguard my above post concering Paintsville someone got on my name, but IMO Paintsville could really be a contender this season. The only lose one girl and I'm sure Baldwin has another girl lined up to put in the spot. Paintsville has many talented girls that jhust don't want to work for it. If only all his players wanted to be out there then they would be awesome. Also Paintsville is home of the dominant Chelsee Jarrell Tongue
Sorry disreguard my above post concering Paintsville someone got on my name, but IMO Paintsville could really be a contender this season. The only lose one girl and I'm sure Baldwin has another girl lined up to put in the spot. Paintsville has many talented girls that jhust don't want to work for it. If only all his players wanted to be out there then they would be awesome. Also Paintsville is home of the dominant Chelsee Jarrell Tongue
Paintsville will take their lumps early in the season while they try to replace Asley Hall. They will be rotating a few different girls in to see what the best combo will be. I think the need will be for another inside presence. You'll be hearing about Katie Adams next year. She filled in for Jarrell whenever she got in foul trouble this past year. She will only be a freshman.
"sportwhiz" Wrote:Paintsville will take their lumps early in the season while they try to replace Asley Hall. They will be rotating a few different girls in to see what the best combo will be. I think the need will be for another inside presence. You'll be hearing about Katie Adams next year. She filled in for Jarrell whenever she got in foul trouble this past year. She will only be a freshman.

When I watched Katie play in both central games she didn't impress me. She kept falling time after time and couldn't catch. She did do good on the defensive end though. Katie will only play if Chelsee if in foul trouble or needs a short break. I personally think he will start Kandie Blar i think is her name, because he played her alot this year. Katie was only in there when chelsee was tired. Katie can rebound well, but needs to work on her offensive end because Chelsee is a senior I believe, so that means Katie will have to be the one to take her position becuase she is the only other big girl on that team. Her and Chelsee are the oly big girls. So katie will need to improve A LOT. I think she has the potential to be a wonderful player though. She just needs to work, like everyone else will have to. Everyone has room for more improvement. I don't think paintsville will have a hard time filling in Ashley's spot. Becuase after all, Ashley was inconsistant and when she wasnt playing well paintsville stepped it up. But you might be right, the first couple of games will be slumpy...thank god for summer camp. I cant wait to see the paintsville central matchup. It''s always so crowded. I hope eagles win, but to be honest i dont think it will happen! 8)
Katie was an 8th grader this past year. She did a good job rebounding and improved a lot over the year. Baldwin needs to play her, Blair, and Osborne every second of every game in the summer. The more they learn, make mistakes, and learn from those mistakes in the summer, the better off Paintsville will be.

Kendra Carroll and Jarrell don't need to be playing a lot of minutes during the summer. Laura Carroll and Jesikah Russell will both be playing more important roles and need to be playing all the time too. Russell has to pick up part of the scoring load for PHS to be successful.

Jarrell needs to ave. 20+ points, Kendra Carroll and Russell both need to av. 12+ points
"The Observer" Wrote:
"greenfrog" Wrote:
"sportslover" Wrote:Pike Central by far!! Their key players will still be there...and as long as they have Ratliff they have it made!

Thats what they thought this year too...everybody from the coach down..You see what that got them !!

You seem to have a chip on you shoulder with Pike Central. They did turn things around tournament time. They were saving it they said.

Saved it??? Should have been best team in region and didnt win it..LOST IT sounds more correct than saved it !!!!!Common theme for years to come it appears...
"sportwhiz" Wrote:Katie was an 8th grader this past year. She did a good job rebounding and improved a lot over the year. Baldwin needs to play her, Blair, and Osborne every second of every game in the summer. The more they learn, make mistakes, and learn from those mistakes in the summer, the better off Paintsville will be.

Kendra Carroll and Jarrell don't need to be playing a lot of minutes during the summer. Laura Carroll and Jesikah Russell will both be playing more important roles and need to be playing all the time too. Russell has to pick up part of the scoring load for PHS to be successful.

Jarrell needs to ave. 20+ points, Kendra Carroll and Russell both need to av. 12+ points

He didn't play Osborne much this year. But Blair,Katie, and Osborne are all inexpierenced. You are correct they do need to play alot in order for this upcoming season to be good. I don't see how Osborne would fit in the lineup though. I think Blair will start becuase she fits in the lineup. I'm not taking anything away for katie or osborne though. Katie did do a wonderful job for 8th grade. But like i said she needs to work on her offense. But no worrys, there is plenty of time for that.
Jesikah Russell is a great ball player she just needs to shoot the ball alittle bit more often. As the years progress she will be a dominant threat. She's an all around ball player, I mean geez she's probably good at chess for all I know. As long as Katie works this stronger and builds her coodination and works on her shot she will be a great help to Paintsville's team. She'll only be a freshman and the more experience she gets now the better Paintsville's chances will be. Blair will be an alright player. Nothing spectacular but she hustles. Osborne is a great player. I've seen her play a million times and let me tell you that little girl can fly. She's even faster with a ball in her hand even though she occasionally slacks a little bit. 8) Paintsville is a small team this year but there were last year also. Their tallest girl is Chelsee I believe and next to her there are maybe two 5'9" girls. Paintsville has plenty of time to prepare themselves and tons of girls just ready to play.
The best thing for the new role players for Paintsville is just that, they will be role players. Jarrell, Russell and Kendra Carroll will be the scorers. Adams, Blair, and Osborne will have to pick up the defensive slack and will need to knock down a shot occasionally.
Osborne is sexy. PDT_Love_:
1. Paintsville- returning Chelsee Jarrel who was absolutely outstanding last year, and a good jump shooter out of the carol girl.
2.Magoffin-Returning all 5 starters but after losing in regions first game to pike central..my gut tells me they won't make it far this year either.
3.Johnson Central-The conely girl who can shoot the lights out of the damn gym and chelsee salyers..they lack inside presence though. Hopefully wireman can step it up
4&5 really anyone could fill these spots..

Thats my opinion, but everything could change based upon the season. The top 3 teams could all be number one.
"greenfrog" Wrote:
"The Observer" Wrote:
"greenfrog" Wrote:
"sportslover" Wrote:Pike Central by far!! Their key players will still be there...and as long as they have Ratliff they have it made!

Thats what they thought this year too...everybody from the coach down..You see what that got them !!

You seem to have a chip on you shoulder with Pike Central. They did turn things around tournament time. They were saving it they said.

Saved it??? Should have been best team in region and didnt win it..LOST IT sounds more correct than saved it !!!!!Common theme for years to come it appears...

Man your retarded. How do you know that that will be the theme for years to come? Yeah, we should have won it easy last year and gone back to back, but we didn't. But you dont have any right to say that were gonna lose in the championship every year for years to come. Pike Central has loads of talent coming back with Haley Ratilff, (IMO the best player in the region), Paige Lowe, and Kayla Lowe. The Lady Hawks will compete again next year for the region crown.

My picks:
1)Magoffin County-juggernaut
2)Pike Central-Started a dynasty in '04
3)Johnson Central-Good Talent
4)Paintsville

Toss up between Magoffin and Pike Central.
"Central05" Wrote:
"greenfrog" Wrote:
"The Observer" Wrote:
"greenfrog" Wrote:

Man your retarded. How do you know that that will be the theme for years to come? Yeah, we should have won it easy last year and gone back to back, but we didn't. But you dont have any right to say that were gonna lose in the championship every year for years to come. Pike Central has loads of talent coming back with Haley Ratilff, (IMO the best player in the region), Paige Lowe, and Kayla Lowe. The Lady Hawks will compete again next year for the region crown.

My picks:
4)Paintsville

Johnson Central and Paintsville are better then Pike Central. :lol:
I have a feeling it's going to come down to Paintsville and Pike Central. I just don't have a good feeling about Magoffin. I think this will be a major turmoil season for them. But, maybe not. But, you might see some of it going on this summer.
1.Magoffin will be unstoppable this year. After being the favorite and then losing in the first round of regions we will be ready this year.
2.Johnson Central
3.Paintsville
4.Pike Central Haley can't lead her team to victory forever.
"Paperclip" Wrote:
"Central05" Wrote:
"greenfrog" Wrote:
"The Observer" Wrote:
"greenfrog" Wrote:

My picks:
4)Paintsville

Johnson Central and Paintsville are better then Pike Central. :lol:

lol...thats a good one man.
you should do stand up comedy. Smile
PAINTSVILLE: WITH JERREL THEY ARE GREAT WITHOUT HER THEY ARE WEAKER.
MAGOFFIN CO. RETURN 5 STARTERS BUT ARE MAXED OUT
PIKE CENTRAL: ARE GOOD AND RETURN SOME PLAYERS
JOHNSON CENTRAL: ARE GOOD BE CAUSE OF PHILLIP OTHER THAN THAT THEY ARE OVERRATED GREATLY.
SHELBY VALLEY. STRON GUARD PLAY
IMO:
1. Paintsville-The Jarrell and K. Carroll combo will cause match up problems
2. Magoffin Co.-With all the Howards returning, they could pop to #1
3. Pike Central-Everyone talks so highly of Ratliff, but I think it's the Lowe's
4. Belfry-They return everyone, and I just think they are going to surprise A LOT of people
5. Johnson Central-Obviously young, but they can all play real well.

Speaking of JC, I heard their best post player Courtney McKenzie quit. Is this true?
"justanotherfaceinthecrowd" Wrote:IMO:
3. Pike Central-Everyone talks so highly of Ratliff, but I think it's the Lowe's
4. Belfry-They return everyone, and I just think they are going to surprise A LOT of people

Speaking of JC, I heard their best post player Courtney McKenzie quit. Is this true?
That's what the word is. I guess Wireman told her she wouldn't be starting anymore.
"sportwhiz" Wrote:
"justanotherfaceinthecrowd" Wrote:IMO:

That's what the word is. I guess Wireman told her she wouldn't be starting anymore.

:? He really shouldn't have done that. McKenzie was the only post player that could slow other post players down. I bet I know exactly who is starting in her position though.... :roll:
McKenzie wasnt that great, Jarrell would eat her alive. It would be easy to replace her
I hate to see anyone quit any team especially right before the start of there senior year but in all honesty the only thing that JC will miss from Courtney is her five fouls because they will be thin on the front line. She cost JC some wins last year because of her inability to hit free throws and open shots and she committed way too many stupid fouls.
"Golden Eagle" Wrote:I hate to see anyone quit any team especially right before the start of there senior year but in all honesty the only thing that JC will miss from Courtney is her five fouls because they will be thin on the front line. She cost JC some wins last year because of her inability to hit free throws and open shots and she committed way too many stupid fouls.

That's stupid to point out someone indivually for losing a game. You win and lose as a team. Everyone misses shots and free throws. You can't blame it on her, because during the game i'm sure if everyone had done something differnt the outcome would be different. You'll miss her next year, just wait until you play magoffin when calloray eats wireman alive. We all know Wireman will be starting. Daddy's little girl.
"Paperclip" Wrote:That's stupid to point out someone indivually for losing a game. You win and lose as a team. Everyone misses shots and free throws. You can't blame it on her, because during the game i'm sure if everyone had done something differnt the outcome would be different. You'll miss her next year, just wait until you play magoffin when calloray eats wireman alive. We all know Wireman will be starting. Daddy's little girl.

Why don't you take a chill pill and calm down . You can say daddy's little girl all you want but the fact of the matter is when you compare the two's play from last year Emily as an 8th grader outplayed Courntney who was a junior. I'm just going to be honest with you when it comes to playing Magoffin County, JC and a lot of other teams are going to be paying more attention to Michaela, Ashley Jade, and Brittany than they will Calloray.
"Paperclip" Wrote:
"Golden Eagle" Wrote:I hate to see anyone quit any team especially right before the start of there senior year but in all honesty the only thing that JC will miss from Courtney is her five fouls because they will be thin on the front line. She cost JC some wins last year because of her inability to hit free throws and open shots and she committed way too many stupid fouls.

That's stupid to point out someone indivually for losing a game. You win and lose as a team. Everyone misses shots and free throws. You can't blame it on her, because during the game i'm sure if everyone had done something differnt the outcome would be different. You'll miss her next year, just wait until you play magoffin when calloray eats wireman alive. We all know Wireman will be starting. Daddy's little girl.

You took the words right out of my mouth Paperclip. I agree with you completely. You can't point out that she missed shots because hello, even Shaq misses shots and Shaq can't shoot freethrows to save his life! I just hate to see someone like her who loves basketball so much, to quit her Senior year. Courtney, I think you're a good player. You didn't see Wireman stop Jarrell in the double overtime game did ya? At least Courtney tried to do something when she was in. Jarrell even told me after the game, "I love it when they put Wireman on me." I'm sure that's what Calloray says too isn't it Paperclip?... 8) Smile
"justanotherfaceinthecrowd" Wrote:You took the words right out of my mouth Paperclip. I agree with you completely. You can't point out that she missed shots because hello, even Shaq misses! I just hate to see someone like her who loves basketball so much, and then quit her Senior year. Courtney, I think you're a good player. You didn't see wireman stop Jarrell in the double overtime did ya? Jarrell even told me after the game, "I love it when they put wireman on me." I'm sure that's what Calloray says too isn't it Paperclip?... 8) Smile
If she loves basketball as much as you said she did well she wouldn't have quit . Like I said before I hate that she quit but I can also tell you this that even though that Emily Wireman will just be a freshman this year she is still a better option at the five spot than Courtney. She is much better offensively and on the boards. She's also taller than Courtney.

I will agree with you on one thing though Wireman did have a hard time with Jarrell but my goodness Wireman was only in there because Courtney fouled out and I tell you another thing I don't think it's anything to brag about a junior outplaying an 8th grader especially one the size of Jarrell. She should dominate this region with her size but we all know that at times that's not the case.
I think wireman will be a decent player this year, but they will miss the other girl. It's not fair to Wireman to talk about not being able to guard Jarrell. There won't be a single player to handle Jarrell. She'll have to doubled or tripled teamed. That's another reason I like Paintsville so much.
"justanotherfaceinthecrowd" Wrote:
"Paperclip" Wrote:

You took the words right out of my mouth Paperclip. I agre with you completely. You can't point out that she missed shots because hello, even Shaq misses shots and Shaq can't shoot freethrows to save his life! I just hate to see someone like her who loves basketball so much, to quit her Senior year. Courtney, I think you're a good player. You didn't see Wireman stop Jarrell in the double overtime game did ya? At least Courtney tried to do something when she was in. Jarrell even told me after the game, "I love it when they put Wireman on me." I'm sure that's what Calloray says too isn't it Paperclip?... 8) Smile

eah i know calloray ate her alive an im sure jarral did too without a dount i mean i am a callaray supporter and all but jarall is better..but wireman well shes pathetic
Paintsville's girls are looking good. They are SO much quicker than last year. The Carroll sisters are going to real good. Russell is taller, quicker, and smarter. Jarrell has lost weight, is quicker, jumping higher, and is the leader. They are, IMO, the team to beat in the region.

Only thing is, they're not good enough to stop the one and done for the 15th region.

We'll find out how good they are at Transy this week and then next week at Pike Co. Central.

The Carroll sisters and Jarrell leave for Pat Summit's Tennessee camp noon Friday and will be back Sunday night. That will be a very good thing for those three. They'll find out real quick what they need to work on.
"Paperclip" Wrote:eah i know calloray ate her alive an im sure jarral did too without a dount i mean i am a callaray supporter and all but jarall is better..but wireman well shes pathetic
What makes her pathetic? I thought she played pretty good for an 8th grader last season. Feel me in on how Calloray "ate her alive". I seem to recall in the two games that they played last year that Calloray was a non factor. Magoffin won because of there speed on defense and there ability to hit the three. Jarell did have some great games against Central but Calloray Howard was a non-factor last year against Central.