Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 27 Pikeville 12
I did have a couple of bad opinions of the calling for refs and coaches. For one the refs did make some bad call for both sides, but when Pburg is at 3rd and 59, yes 59 something is wrong. Also why did the pikeville coach only get onto once for being on the field, he was there the whole night, never hardly on the sideline. Lastly what was the forward pass, or the punt for the panthers, he completely shot put the ball into the air, were they expecting not to get caught on that one, most rediculous play I have ever seen. Good Game Cats!
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Woah Woah, watch the choice of words here, Shelby Valley is no pushover opponent, so don't give that much props to P-burg just yet.

Please spare us. EVERY year we hear how SV is going to beat Pburg and EVERY year Prestonsburg destroys them. How can you not give Prestonsburg props? They just beat Pikeville at Pikeville and their only two losses came from Breathitt and Beechwood, games in which Prestonsburg gave both teams all they wanted . I'm not trying to blow Prestonsburg up at all, but I get tired of hearing the same old crap from SV every year.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Woah Woah, watch the choice of words here, Shelby Valley is no pushover opponent, so don't give that much props to P-burg just yet.
Yes, SV is a pushover opponent for P-burg. Facts are facts, SV just can't compete come playoff time!!
Now, back to Pikeville-P-burg.
Pikeville looks very uninspired right now with no leadership! They are a selfish bunch! This team has been a big dissapointment! It looked like they quit last night.....and that is sad with the 87' team watching!!!!!!!!!
Prestonsburg played an overall good game. Offense was alittle shakey but the defense only gave up one touchdown, and it was threw the air to Pikeville's Baker. Allen Craynon and Seth Setser had another real good game. I'm very happy with the defense, Stephens, Jamerson, Lawson, Clark, and Blevins. They all played great tonight and keep showing everyone that they are for real. Pikeville from where I was standing couldn't do much of anything on offense. They're plays where very predictable and there defense is good but it looked like they gave up in the 4th quarter. Congrats Blackcats, and keep your heads up Panthers.

If anyone has stats, please post them.
congrats to Pburg
Please, stay on topic....Any SV v P-Burg talk needs to be in that thread.

Thank you.
Congratulations Blackcats. I really thought P-ville would win this one. I'll gladly eat a little crow.
after Elliots punt was blocked they just gave up practically
Congrats P-burg!
Pikeville sounds like their folding like a cheap tent.hehe
WOW!! Didn't expect this outcome and especially the 27-12 score! BIG WIN BLACKCATS!
any 1 have stats for the game ?
i think harmon only had like 97 yrds
has anyone any news to how long bobby huges is going to be out?
big dog one Wrote:has anyone any news to how long bobby huges is going to be out?

He is going to the doctor tomorrow. And I'm glad its a bye week.
blackcat_student Wrote:He is going to the doctor tomorrow. And I'm glad its a bye week.

Amen
Anyone know anything about his injury?
jetpilot Wrote:He will probably say that Pikeville was without their best player, and just isn't a very good football team. Both of these teams will beat their district rivals in the first two rounds of the playoffs, then lose when they play a decent team. IMO. I used to hate P'burg, but these days I root for them when they aren't playing Pikeville.
yea p'ville should def. win their district if they dont then i feel for them. but if them an hazard makes it to region i'd pick hazard over them anyday
The Sandman Wrote:yea p'ville should def. win their district if they dont then i feel for them. but if them an hazard makes it to region i'd pick hazard over them anyday

Pikeville wouldn't have to play Hazard until state semi-finals the way that things are set up this year. They would probably play Raceland or Lexington Christian in region.
blackcat Wrote:Anyone know anything about his injury?

I think its his ankle. I'll post later this evening when I found out what his injury actually is.
facts on p-burgs bobby hughes word is he has a torn acl and a torn mcl.this will end his season in football and basketball if true.good luck in the future for bobby he is a great kid.
big dog one Wrote:facts on p-burgs bobby hughes word is he has a torn acl and a torn mcl.this will end his season in football and basketball if true.good luck in the future for bobby he is a great kid.

I hate to see Bobby's high school career end on such a note. He's a good kid. I wish him well and a speedy recovery what ever his injuries may be.