Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg 27 Pikeville 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Too mad to say anything now I'll cool off then put my thoughts.
Final!!
Panther Thunder Wrote:Too mad to say anything now I'll cool off then put my thoughts.

Hopefully you will be even more mad when the school you go to beats the school you root for. Hopefully! LOL
OffTheHook Wrote:Hopefully you will be even more mad when the school you go to beats the school you root for. Hopefully! LOL
haha hillarious... But anyway Pikeville played horribly through out mostly the enitre game and at points played great. The defense looked good throught the first 3 quaters and wore down in the 4th. Obviously, without Tim Honaker things were a lot different and out of synch. The offense is designed for a speedy quaterback but Branham is a pocket passer.
Branham was being hurried all night and didn't look good when he was hurried but when he had time made some nice throws. Harmon was having problems all game and having to come out more than he should. Prestonsburg started out slow but turned it up in the 4th.
One complaint I have is when you are down by only two scores with 56 seconds left and three time outs and don't use them. DONT GIVE UP. Who knows what could happen? A turnover or two quick scores with an onside recovery. But I know the chances are slim but still there is a chance, why not take it?
Way to go Cats!!
good job blackcats!
Congrats Pburg! haha cant wait to see what "jetpilot" has to say about this one.
UnderArmour24 Wrote:Congrats Pburg! haha cant wait to see what "jetpilot" has to say about this one.

He will probably say that Pikeville was without their best player, and just isn't a very good football team. Both of these teams will beat their district rivals in the first two rounds of the playoffs, then lose when they play a decent team. IMO. I used to hate P'burg, but these days I root for them when they aren't playing Pikeville.
I do have to say that neither team brought their "A" game. Both teams were sloppy. Pikeville without their star player. Prestonsburg killing themselves with penalties. Just a game both teams will be happy to forget about. Bobby Hughes went down in the 4th with an injury. Anybody have any info on his condition? Good job by both teams tonight and good luck to both the rest of the way.
BCF4L Wrote:I do have to say that neither team brought their "A" game. Both teams were sloppy. Pikeville without their star player. Prestonsburg killing themselves with penalties. Just a game both teams will be happy to forget about. Bobby Hughes went down in the 4th with an injury. Anybody have any info on his condition? Good job by both teams tonight and good luck to both the rest of the way.

Is Bobby the one that got kicked in the ribs?
No, Bobby got hurt while playing on a defensive sequence. The radio originally said it was Craynon that was hurt, but they figured out it was Bobby. Said something happened to his knee, and backup QB Michael Burchett had to finish the game. I'm not sure who it was that got kicked in the ribs. Just an unfortunate situation there.
I know that one of the Honaker twins was injuried and did not play, but was the other one injuried during this game?
According to the radio, Ted Honaker injured either his shoulder or elbow. How it happened I do not know, cuz he had just ran back a kickoff for a TD and to my knowledge, never hit the ground or anything. But after his TD, he never returned to the game. Not sure what happened there.
BCF4L Wrote:No, Bobby got hurt while playing on a defensive sequence. The radio originally said it was Craynon that was hurt, but they figured out it was Bobby. Said something happened to his knee, and backup QB Michael Burchett had to finish the game. I'm not sure who it was that got kicked in the ribs. Just an unfortunate situation there.

Pburg needs Hughes healthy that's for sure. The only bright side of him bein injured is Burchett will get some experience before next season, assumin he will be the startin QB next year.
With both Honakers out, Paintsville may have a chance next week.
Exactly. From what I have heard, Burchett has been very impressive in JV games, so hopefully things are looking good at QB for Prestonsburg after Bobby is gone. Let's hope Bobby's injury isn't that bad. Luckily, P-burg's open week is this coming week, so hopefully he can rest up and be ready for Shelby Valley in a couple of weeks.
BCF4L Wrote:I do have to say that neither team brought their "A" game. Both teams were sloppy. Pikeville without their star player. Prestonsburg killing themselves with penalties. Just a game both teams will be happy to forget about. Bobby Hughes went down in the 4th with an injury. Anybody have any info on his condition? Good job by both teams tonight and good luck to both the rest of the way.

Penalties killed Pikeville too. The run from the P'burg 17 down inside the 10 with the score 14-12 and Pikeville about to take the lead, flag no one could figure out moved the ball from inside the 10 waaaay back. Pikeville ended up with 2nd and 30 something I believe instead of probably punching the ball in.
Congrats Prestonsburg...
P-Burg is for real, way to go Blackcats!
Congrats Blackcats
Congrats to Pburg on the win. It was a good game and then two late scores by the Cats sealed the deal. You could tell that Pikeville was hurting w/o Tim Honaker under center or on defense....however, after the first drive the Panther D did shut down the run for the most part. Pikeville couldn't get anything going after their score in the second.

I thought Pikeville might of had a shot with around 9mins to go in the game when they were driving, but two great plays by Clay Jamerson took the wind out of the Panthers' sail...and the blocked punt returned for a touchdown was the icing on the cake. A clean game for the most part until someone got their ribs kicked in, but other than that no dumb plays. Congrats to both teams, I look for each to go far in the playoffs.
jetpilot Wrote:He will probably say that Pikeville was without their best player, and just isn't a very good football team. Both of these teams will beat their crappy district rivals in the first two rounds of the playoffs, then lose when they play a decent team. IMO. I used to hate P'burg, but these days I root for them when they aren't playing Pikeville.

Woah Woah, watch the choice of words here, Shelby Valley is no pushover opponent, so don't give that much props to P-burg just yet.
all i have to say is that the blackcats didnt play as good as wat they did against beechwood....and ive heard all season that pburg has the worse class around, well apperantly u ppl that have been sayin this havent watched or played pikeville
it was a sloppy game for both teams congrats p burg
Congrats to the Blackcats
i told everyone p-burgs front four were coming on strong,they showed it tonight.i guess we have whipped up on the surrounding counties.shelby valley will be no contest.blackcats are getting stronger each game.go blackcats.
big dog one Wrote:i told everyone p-burgs front four were coming on strong,they showed it tonight.i guess we have whipped up on the surrounding counties.shelby valley will be no contest.blackcats are getting stronger each game.go blackcats.

lol.. you aint whipped up on the surrounding counties.. they wouldn't even play Belfry, so you can't say you've conquered the county when you don't even play the strongest teams..
Im so disgusted right now I cant see straight. Some of our seniors needs to just strip off those maroon jerseys they wear and stomp on them. Cause theyre doing far worse than that by playing some of the most uninspired football Ive ever seen out of a Pikeville team. They dont play with pride, they dont play with heart, and they dont play with guts. 3 things that any team needs if they want to ever beat anybody better than the South Floyds and Allen Centrals of the world(No Offense). This team has got tons of potential but their flushing it down the toilet. Most folks on here from Pikeville know who I am and how much I love this school and its football program. Tonights the first night Ive ever been ashamed of it and its not THAT we lost its HOW we lost. The game was ours for the taking in the third quarter and we just quit. Congrats to the Blackcats good luck the rest of the way.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Im so disgusted right now I cant see straight. Some of our seniors needs to just strip off those maroon jerseys they wear and stomp on them. Cause theyre doing far worse than that by playing some of the most uninspired football Ive ever seen out of a Pikeville team. They dont play with pride, they dont play with heart, and they dont play with guts. 3 things that any team needs if they want to ever beat anybody better than the South Floyds and Allen Centrals of the world(No Offense). This team has got tons of potential but their flushing it down the toilet. Most folks on here from Pikeville know who I am and how much I love this school and its football program. Tonights the first night Ive ever been ashamed of it and its not THAT we lost its HOW we lost. The game was ours for the taking in the third quarter and we just quit. Congrats to the Blackcats good luck the rest of the way.
I hear you on that HAIL. Completely uninspired football is what is going on right now. It looks like these Pikeville kids have folded the tents. I hope thi sin't the case and they can remove their heads from their asses. I just can't believe what I am seeing from this Pikeville team. Not to take anything from P-burg because they showed that they wanted it more and they took it. I love my Panthers but I get the feeling that they are mentally challeged, lazy, or just burnt out. Don't give up the fight boys because we still believe in you.
bigpun Wrote:I hear you on that HAIL. Completely uninspired football is what is going on right now. It looks like these Pikeville kids have folded the tents. I hope thi sin't the case and they can remove their heads from their asses. I just can't believe what I am seeing from this Pikeville team. Not to take anything from P-burg because they showed that they wanted it more and they took it. I love my Panthers but I get the feeling that they are mentally challeged, lazy, or just burnt out. Don't give up the fight boys because we still believe in you.

That could be the case. I know last year they had to get up bright and early on saturday mornins to go in and watch film, lift weights etc. They are in high school for gods sake. Every now and then you will have players who would do that on their own, but anymore most kids play just to be playin or just so they can wear them jerseys to school on friday. And judgin from what I seen first hand when I played at PC, the head coach takes the word "conditioning" to a whole nother level, it's ridiculous, how do they have any legs left.
Pages: 1 2