Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(4A) Bourbon County @ #1 (1A) Pikeville 8/28 (Cancelled)
Pikeville just posted on their Facebook page offering $3,000 plus pay mileage and a meal after the game. They’ll have a game by end of school tomorrow lol
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Well if David did that and I don’t know if he did but to me that is not the way to handle it. Just hope they find a game I know the young men are disappointed since they didn’t get to play last year now this.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • Gus McCrae
(08-26-2021, 10:01 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: Well if David did that and I don’t know if he did but to me that is not the way to handle it. Just hope they find a game I know the young men are disappointed since they didn’t get to play last year now this.
Wouldn't be surprised at all if that's the way he handled it. If that's the case.....no class.
I saw the Bourbon County coach trying to push a vaccine.
(08-26-2021, 09:59 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Pikeville just posted on their Facebook page offering $3,000 plus pay mileage and a meal after the game. They’ll have a game by end of school tomorrow lol

I'm broke and hungry. lol
Berea is booked up now, they picked up Paris. Orem posted in a reply to Bobby Norman’s suggestion about CAL, “Calling”. Nothing seen since. She also posted “we were told no” in a response to someone else mentioning Greenup County
What about out of state teams? Not sure when other states begin their seasons but I imagine someone would want to come play if they are really paying that kind of $$$$ to come play. Really hate it for the kids, especially the seniors. Has to be demoralizing for them.
(08-26-2021, 10:44 PM)PHSForever Wrote: Berea is booked up now, they picked up Paris. Orem posted in a reply to Bobby Norman’s suggestion about CAL, “Calling”. Nothing seen since. She also posted “we were told no” in a response to someone else mentioning Greenup County
Bourbon County can't play but a school two miles away can?
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Gus McCrae
(08-26-2021, 10:53 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-26-2021, 10:44 PM)PHSForever Wrote: Berea is booked up now, they picked up Paris. Orem posted in a reply to Bobby Norman’s suggestion about CAL, “Calling”. Nothing seen since. She also posted “we were told no” in a response to someone else mentioning Greenup County
Apparently, Paris has no one in COVID protocol. Bourbon has positive cases on the team.
(08-26-2021, 10:56 PM)PHSForever Wrote:
Apparently, Paris has no one in COVID protocol. Bourbon has positive cases on the team.

Must be well contained if there is none across the field.
(08-26-2021, 10:59 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

You almost sound skeptical about the cancellation. Lol
Scared money don’t make money. ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoR_58's post:
  • PHSForever
Covington Catholic should let their JV play Belfry on Friday and varsity play Pikeville on Saturday...

I'm kidding!!!!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Gus McCrae
(08-26-2021, 11:00 PM)PHSForever Wrote:
(08-26-2021, 10:59 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

You almost sound skeptical about the cancellation. Lol

I don't trust many people, because most are not trustworthy. I'm highly allergic to BS. lol
[-] The following 3 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Gus McCrae, PHS DYNASTY, PHSForever
I know Covid caused this or David would have his team there but I still don’t know why Pikeville wasn’t contacted before D&D was to put it on Twitter. But it is what it is and just hope for a game this weekend or Pikeville is going to have 3 bye weeks in a row. I still don’t think that should be a loss on the team that had to cancel because this is not in their control. Johnson Central had to cancel this week also. Their will be many more before the year is out, but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Season might as well be over. Sad to say.
(08-26-2021, 11:22 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: I know Covid caused this or David would have his team there but I still don’t know why Pikeville wasn’t contacted before D&D was to put it on Twitter. But it is what it is and just hope for a game this weekend or Pikeville is going to have 3 bye weeks in a row. I still don’t think that should be a loss on the team that had to cancel because this is not in their control. Johnson Central had to cancel this week also. Their will be many more before the year is out, but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Many more what? Cases of BS?
I’d say after this weekend the season is over.
I don’t understand the why a team has to shut everything down. I’m sure all of us have had coworkers that have had covid. They go home….we don’t shut down the business,factors, or restaurants. Only in schools do you see this scared mass shutdown and according to the Science….covid effects kids less then adults. So why shut everything down if one kid or even two text positive. And…..hahah ….. I wonder how many of these tests are false positives? This is messed up!! We are taking time and memories away from kids that we all know they will never get back
Why is Paris even mentioned in this thread ... Paris and Bourbon County are two different schools. What's going on at Bourbon has nothing to do with Paris.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Option Left's post:
  • Westside
Did Pikeville contact CAL? They would be a good opponent who had their game canceled due to Covid also.
(08-27-2021, 09:34 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: Did Pikeville contact CAL? They would be a good opponent who had their game canceled due to Covid also.

CAL declined. A list of about 10 schools also have declined.
(08-27-2021, 09:08 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: I don’t understand the why a team has to shut everything down. I’m sure all of us have had coworkers that have had covid. They go home….we don’t shut down the business,factors, or restaurants. Only in schools do you see this scared mass shutdown and according to the Science….covid effects kids less then adults. So why shut everything down if one kid or even two text positive. And…..hahah ….. I wonder how many of these tests are false positives? This is messed up!! We are taking time and memories away from kids that we all know they will never get back
RAMDAD50 I guess I am going to have to go back and open that Paintsville and Pikeville thread back up looks like that may be the only game Pikeville plays in next 3 weeks
(08-27-2021, 09:13 AM)Option Left Wrote:
Why is Paris even mentioned in this thread ... Paris and Bourbon County are two different schools. What's going on at Bourbon has nothing to do with Paris.
It has everything to do with it, Lefty.
Bluefield doesn't have a game this weekend.
Russell County just cancelled on Somerset. Not sure logistically if it would be possible to make a game happen between Pikeville and Somerset but that would be a fun one.
(08-27-2021, 11:25 AM)Belfry_99 Wrote: Bluefield doesn't have a game this weekend.

Add Bluefield to the list of teams which have declined the offer.
(08-27-2021, 11:25 AM)Belfry_99 Wrote: Bluefield doesn't have a game this weekend.
but it was 'only' postponed, not cancelled. They still have 10 games on their sched.
(08-27-2021, 10:57 AM)Patriot1 Wrote:
(08-27-2021, 09:08 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: I don’t understand the why a team has to shut everything down. I’m sure all of us have had coworkers that have had covid. They go home….we don’t shut down the business,factors, or restaurants. Only in schools do you see this scared mass shutdown and according to the Science….covid effects kids less then adults. So why shut everything down if one kid or even two text positive. And…..hahah ….. I wonder how many of these tests are false positives? This is messed up!! We are taking time and memories away from kids that we all know they will never get back
RAMDAD50 I guess I am going to have to go back and open that Paintsville and Pikeville thread back up looks like that may be the only game Pikeville plays in next 3 weeks
Well that’s sad. I’m pretty sure after this week the Rams will be looking for opponents. I look for the Rowan Co. and the West Carter game to be canceled
(08-27-2021, 12:39 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(08-27-2021, 10:57 AM)Patriot1 Wrote:
Well that’s sad. I’m pretty sure after this week the Rams will be looking for opponents. I look for the Rowan Co. and the West Carter game to be canceled
I hope not I need you guys and the rest of the mountain teams to play so I will have some to root for