Poll: Rank the Best Belfry Teams the last five years.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry '03
34.62%
Belfry '04
46.15%
Belfry '05
7.69%
Belfry '06
0%
Belfry '07
11.54%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Belfry team in the last 5 years
As of right now, I'd have to say the '04 team. But the '07 team is better at most positions, but the real tests will come when they play Sheldon Clark, Johnson Central, and likely Russell & Breathitt late in the playoffs.
1. '03
2. '04
3. '07
4. '06
5. '05

I would say '03 was the better team. They were a lot better on the o-line in '03. The '04 team was a very imressive team as well. They had to play in the same district as arguably the next best team in the state that year in P-Burg. That team was impressive. As for the '07 team, I think that they have an incredible team, and should have an easy road to Louisville.
I've seen all of them, and I think the '04 team is the best. They had the size, speed, and strength to play with anyone. That backfield is still the best I've ever seen (G. Childers, Doug Howard, and David Jones).
The '07 team is a good one...won't be able to include them in the rankings until this season plays out.

However, the Pirate fans get more cocky each year and it's not attractive.
Belfry used to define class in their teams AND their fans....I have run into alot(not all) of rude trash talking fans lately.

Come on Belfry Fans...you are better than that.
Defensively, this 2007 Belfry team may be THE BEST since the 1985/1986 teams that went to back to back championship games in the old 3A division. Unfortunately, both years they caught a 4A school "playing down"....1985--Paducah Tilghman and in 1986--Owensboro.

Offensively, this team has the "potential" to be every bit as good as the 2005 squad....they've already surpassed the 06' team. No since in trying to compare with the 03 or 04 team. That backfield combination was a rarity....at any school in Kentucky...at virtually any level...(with the exception of Trinity or St. X).

I'm not saying they'll win the State Championship....all I'm saying is that whoever beats them...will have to "beat them". This team is mature...and appears to be focused. What "tests" they've faced this year..they've handled very well. Many more follow.

Russell, Breathitt, Sheldon Clark, Mason, Central and whoever else looms on the horizon should be prepared to play a near perfect game offensively. Because defensively, Belfry is that good.
blackcat_student Wrote:I've seen all of them, and I think the '04 team is the best. They had the size, speed, and strength to play with anyone. That backfield is still the best I've ever seen (G. Childers, Doug Howard, and David Jones).

BEST high school backfield I have ever seen..............