Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Landon Slone
Yank......Team Ball gets a W....S-U-R-E!.......That's why ER Won.....right?
"Yank" Wrote:Yes he is so outstanding, i look for him to go straight to the NBA and be an instant success. LEBRON who?? :roll: :roll:

Well 51 in a game is a very excellent performance, but they still LOST so it doesnt really mean jack, i mean last time i heard it was a team game and the big W is what matters.

I expect some turmoil in paintsville in the next few years. Every one of those guys will be fighting over the ball. Id be surprised to see them win 1 region if that, but i guess as long as slone gets his 30 its alright.

Anyone heard of Ervin 1,2 Stepp he averaged 40 + a game but look what his team did, nothing. He ended up going to alice lloyd, scoring is not what these college coaches want to see. Its who can make their team better and win games.

Don't think you will see any turmoil, Coach Runyon isn't like other coaches in this area that let things like that go on. Slone, Grimm, and VanHoose are best friends, Shane and JD were just as excited for Landon than what Landon was for scoring 51 points. The only turmoil you will see is if a certain someone comes back next year and takes one of the starting positions, then you MIGHT see some turmoil, but I doubt you will.
I've heard Pugh is coming back Bill_Don, that the certain someone.
I know Pugh is coming back, but I don't see him hurting the team. I believe he will come off as a sixth man to give Bundy a break since he has to have back surgery on Monday. But Pugh could come in for any of the other gaurds when trouble brews their way. I don't think there will be any turmoil on the team for next year. Things will look good in Tiger land as the big 4 grows a year older, wiser, and better their game this off-season.
congratulations landon!!!!
to have 1,000 as a freshman! that is an accomplishment!
for a freshman to be such a clutch player and even be willing to step up and take as many shots as he does is unreal.
most freshman would be nervous because of their coaches and all the other players being older than them.
this kid never ceases to amaze me so i hope to see him to big things in the future. maybe later i will be able to watch a NCAA or even NBA game and see this guy!
"Yank" Wrote:Yes he is so outstanding, i look for him to go straight to the NBA and be an instant success. LEBRON who?? :roll: :roll:

Well 51 in a game is a very excellent performance, but they still LOST so it doesnt really mean jack, i mean last time i heard it was a team game and the big W is what matters.

I expect some turmoil in paintsville in the next few years. Every one of those guys will be fighting over the ball. Id be surprised to see them win 1 region if that, but i guess as long as slone gets his 30 its alright.

Anyone heard of Ervin 1,2 Stepp he averaged 40 + a game but look what his team did, nothing. He ended up going to alice lloyd, scoring is not what these college coaches want to see. Its who can make their team better and win games.

How can you say that Slone doesn't make his team better? Just because he scored a little over half of the points? This kid is an awesome player, and he was hitting everything he shot. So I say give him the ball, since no one else is shooting good.
If it wasn't for Slone scoring 50 that game, it probably wouldn't have been close, so I say that he does make this team better.
"crazytaxidriver" Wrote:

How can you say that Slone doesn't make his team better? Just because he scored a little over half of the points? This kid is an awesome player, and he was hitting everything he shot. So I say give him the ball, since no one else is shooting good.
If it wasn't for Slone scoring 50 that game, it probably wouldn't have been close, so I say that he does make this team better.

Everyone that followed Paintsville basketball this season knows that Landon makes his team better. He's a leader on the court, which is something that i have never really been able to say about a kid his age. You all can judge the kid all you want, but i'd say if the kid was playing for the school you cheer for, you wouldnt have all of these negative things to say. Before he ends his career he may very well be one of the best to ever wear the blue and white for Paintsville
hes already scored 1000 points
Did he play for paintsville while in grade school?
Slone finished the season with somewhere around 660 points, not 1000....i think 667 to be exact
no he played for mountain christian academy in grade school...

he is a great player and a great person, and even though he's really good n all, he doesnt let it get to his head...
if he's this good now, just imagine what he's gonna be like when hes a senior...

i think he had a great season, and did really good...
GOOD JOB LANDON!!!!
"Superman" Wrote:Everyone that followed Paintsville basketball this season knows that Landon makes his team better. He's a leader on the court, which is something that i have never really been able to say about a kid his age. You all can judge the kid all you want, but i'd say if the kid was playing for the school you cheer for, you wouldnt have all of these negative things to say. Before he ends his career he may very well be one of the best to ever wear the blue and white for Paintsville

Superman, I can not agree with you more. Great post.
Landon Slone is amazing, he is definitely D-1 material, he doesnt play like any ordinary freshman. This kid will win a couple of region titles and player of the year awards, in the next few years him and mcarty from jc will have some great battles, slone can do it all also to mention his clutch performances. as a freshman he avg. juss a lil over 25 pts aa game amangine if they get daniel pugh back next year that will be a great regional championship next year with paintsville and sf

IMO if slone has a great work eithic and doenst be satisfyed with his accomplishments alreadyb he will go somewere in the sec
Landon will be D-1 if he can make is defense as good as his offense. You can't play at that level if you can't play D.

Are you retarded?
No i am not retarded. Everyone in this area has already given him every goal he has wanted to accomplish. Some times it helps a person to be criticized. I know if i was a freshman and everyone thought i was god, it would decrease my work ethic and also put alot of pressure on me. Alot of people dont know about the spot light, its tough, and people saying u could be the greatest player ever from the 15th puts so much pressure on you. Rather than if there was no talk about you and u were ranked like 10th best player in the region. My comments were very negative but it was only to bring him down a notch not to throw off on him.
Okay do this for me, what other freshman in this state has ever been named by the Associated Press an all-state player... none.
Landon had this hype on him throughout grade school and he still averaged around 30 points a game, leading his team to like 2 floyd co conference championships. He is a leader and a scorer, but not a player who will force shots and cause his team to lose. I've watched Landon for about 3 years now, and he has always been built up to be an outstanding player, and I think that is making him better.
I don't know very many leader and a scorer but not a player who will force shots and cause his team to lose.
Congrats Landon.

3RD TEAM AP ALL-STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Continue to improve and you could become BMR's 3RD Mr. Basketball.
ok the kid is good...but idk about him going d-1.......he has the potential, it's juss a matter of if he can get any better......i'm not trying to bash the kid in anyway.....i mean scoring 51 against SHELBY VALLEY is unreal....and as a freshman!!!!!!!....but he will definately have to work on his d if he wants to go to a major d-1 college IMO....and getting a little bit taller wouldn't hurt...
As i saw he only scored like 16 against pburg.....And i bet he doesnt score as much against pburgs team next year.....
As far as I know Slone is the only one getting looks from D1 schools. I have a buddy on the staff of EKU's Basketball team that said Travis Ford has tapes of him and seems to be interested. I have also put in a word for him at my old school, I know Akron and EKU aren't major D1 schools, but for starters and just being a Freshman is pretty darn good. Keep up to work Landon and I'm sure success will follow. The only 2 other players to ever score 50+ at Paintsville were Seniors. Where did they go?? Keith Adkins-Notre Dame, Todd Tackett-University of Kentucky. I'm sure the kid is on his way to being something special, and when it is all said and done, maybe on of the Top 5 players to ever come out of the 15th.
"Blackcat2007" Wrote:As i saw he only scored like 16 against pburg.....And i bet he doesnt score as much against pburgs team next year.....

lol how do you know that? He put up 51 on the team that ended prestonsburgs season, and you are willing to bet he wont put up more then 16 next season...your statement doesnt make much sense.
As for the people that think Landon can't play defense, ask East Ridge what actually beat them at Paintsville. East Ridge was up 5-6 points with a couple of minutes to go. Landon blocked 2 three points attempts and a 2 points shot which led to 3 easy baskets and had 1 steal in the last 2 minutes.

I don't know about you, but that shows me a player that can play a "little D" and it shows that he's a gamer.

Can he improve on D, of course. But so can Chuck Hayes, the SEC defensive POV.
"Flowmaster" Wrote:As far as I know Slone is the only one getting looks from D1 schools. I have a buddy on the staff of EKU's Basketball team that said Travis Ford has tapes of him and seems to be interested. I have also put in a word for him at my old school, I know Akron and EKU aren't major D1 schools, but for starters and just being a Freshman is pretty darn good. Keep up to work Landon and I'm sure success will follow. The only 2 other players to ever score 50+ at Paintsville were Seniors. Where did they go?? Keith Adkins-Notre Dame, Todd Tackett-University of Kentucky. I'm sure the kid is on his way to being something special, and when it is all said and done, maybe on of the Top 5 players to ever come out of the 15th.

The only 2 other players to ever score 50+ at Paintsville were Seniors. Where did they go?? Keith Adkins-Notre Dame, Todd Tackett-University of Kentucky.

but did it take them two OT's to get past 50 pts in a game? not to take anything away from the slone boy but tell the whole story if your gonna tell it.
You are right five forfighting, but their 50 point games didn't come against the regions top team either....I attended both.
i saw alot of landons points like drivin in lay ups ....i bet that wont happen next year.....C-Trevor Patton 6'5 PF-Lewis Barnette 6'2 SF-Sean Leslie-6'41/2
Well it could because isnt slone about 5'2 or 6'3 himself?
but remember slone is probably quicker than any of those guys so he may be able to blow past them and get easy lay ins!