Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Intel on What proposal will be on Friday
Julian Tackett in the meeting just now: "We're playing sports this Fall. We don't know what it's going to look like, but we are participating in athletics this Fall."
Mr. Tackett says that the KHSAA is recommending that the enforcement of Covid-19 orders be handled at a local level.... meaning, Health Departments can shut down practices/games if people aren't following the guidelines.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
There is going to be a Regular B.O.C. meeting later today...... that will be where the decisions are made.
JT saying that having double headers like playing Frosh/JV games on the same night are probably not gonna happen this year.
Sounding like some Fall sports will begin practice & competitions before others unlike in previous years were every fall sport can begin practice om the same day.
The KHSAA is looking at starting the beginning of mandatory practice date as August 3rd.

This has been July 15th for years and years.... this was the end of the old dead period.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Mr. Tackett says that the KHSAA is recommending that the enforcement of Covid-19 orders be handled at a local level.... meaning, Health Departments can shut down practices/games if people aren't following the guidelines.

This is gonna be problematic. On all levels
Pulp Fiction Wrote:The KHSAA is looking at starting the beginning of mandatory practice date as August 3rd.

This has been July 15th for years and years.... this was the end of the old dead period.

Well....this would definitely lend credence to the rumors of weeks 0-5 being cancelled and potentially playing a district only schedule. Gonna be real interesting too see what comes out later today.

Appreciate all of the updates!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:The KHSAA is looking at starting the beginning of mandatory practice date as August 3rd.

So I’m curious if they’re gonna continue to allow for voluntary workouts between now and Aug 3rd? Or will they institute some type of dead period?
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:This is gonna be problematic. On all levels

Josey is your cup half full or always half empty? Geez man you act like you don’t want to return to normal.

OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Well....this would definitely lend credence to the rumors of weeks 0-5 being cancelled and potentially playing a district only schedule. Gonna be real interesting too see what comes out later today.

Appreciate all of the updates!

JT brought up that some universities across the country are conducting aerosol tests on band equipment... don't remember the date when they are supposed to be released, but he said those results will play a factor on crowd size this season.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Josey is your cup half full or always half empty? Geez man you act like you don’t want to return to normal.

:lmao:

You need to chill out. What was I referencing when I stated it was going to be problematic? turning over the decisions to local health departments! That is problematic. Because those are all ran by different folks, with different agendas. Some of those folks could care less when we get back to normal.....especially if it involves influencing in some way, shape or form the November elections.

So yes....IMO.....if the KHSAA is gonna leave it local....not to the school districts...but to the health departments......that is problematic
Fall sports have been pushed back until August the 3rd. As far as I know, teams can continue to workout in groups of ten until then. They are going to reevaluate everything at the end of July. I was very optimistic about having fall sports back in June, but unfortunately it's not looking good at this moment.
Cat Daddy Wrote:Fall sports have been pushed back until August the 3rd. As far as I know, teams can continue to workout in groups of ten until then. They are going to reevaluate everything at the end of July. I was very optimistic about having fall sports back in June, but unfortunately it's not looking good at this moment.

When does practice for fall sports normally begin?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:When does practice for fall sports normally begin?

July 15th
Cat Daddy Wrote:Fall sports have been pushed back until August the 3rd. As far as I know, teams can continue to workout in groups of ten until then. They are going to reevaluate everything at the end of July. I was very optimistic about having fall sports back in June, but unfortunately it's not looking good at this moment.

Yes, teams can work out but are limited to 6 hours per week.
jetpilot Wrote:https://twitter.com/Outkick/status/1281573891840901126

Finally, some one that’s normal. I would say most couldn’t handle the truth.
People on here talking about Teachers work being easier are so uneducated. They should be getting paid extra. Not only are they having to prepare normally for the school year they are also having to to create online courses with all material and be able to manage both. They’re doing double the amount of work they usually do. You cry baby liberals always looking for something to cry and whine about.
:biglmao:
I guess all you cry babies have more time to get on here and whine since you’re just sitting at home living off the government during Covid.
:biglmao:
Jarons Wrote:When does practice for fall sports normally begin?

July 10
jetpilot Wrote::biglmao:

Typical liberal response...
Per khsaa Teams are allowed to have groups up to 50, but must be in sub groups of 10. Still no real team practice can be achieved with no formations and team drills allowed. Interestingly though it’s left up to each district and some are full go right now and some stuck in groups of 10 with just conditioning still.
JumperFan Wrote:Typical liberal response...

You should read up on which side fights for teachers and public education.
fridaynightfights Wrote:You should read up on which side fights for teachers and public education.
Liberals tend to confuse support of government employee unions with support of quality public education. The two things are not synonymous. The result of Democrat support of teacher unions is the growing masses of semi-literate elected public officials and mob rule around this nation.

A well educated electorate would not send morons such as AOC and her ilk to Congress. A well educated electorate would not give us choices between Donald Trump and Joe Biden or Hillary Clinton. Those are the results of liberals' "support" of public education.
Here is what teachers are doing in LA. Fire them all.

Jason Beale
@jabeale
·
13h
We need a Reagan/Air Traffic Controllers moment.

Actually, we need a couple dozen of them.
Quote Tweet

John Solomon
@jsolomonReports
· 13h
L.A. teachers union says schools can’t reopen unless charter schools get shut down, police defunded | Just The News https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/...chools-get
jetpilot Wrote:Here is what teachers are doing in LA. Fire them all.

Jason Beale
@jabeale
·
13h
We need a Reagan/Air Traffic Controllers moment.

Actually, we need a couple dozen of them.
Quote Tweet

John Solomon
@jsolomonReports
· 13h
L.A. teachers union says schools can’t reopen unless charter schools get shut down, police defunded | Just The News https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/...chools-get
Can’t wait to hear the excuses for these fine educators in Los Angeles by the members that’s been pushing the Democratic agenda on here.