Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Intel on What proposal will be on Friday
Does anybody have any intel on what the proposal from the KHSAA will be to the BOG on Friday?

Based on what I've seen, workouts have gone well, people are doing a good job of complying with the recommendations. Evidence continues to mount that young people don't have adverse reactions to the virus and they spread it at a much lower rate than adults. Evidence also continues to mount that it doesn't spread outside.

I'm hopeful that they will allow full contact practices moving forward and seasons can start as close to on-time as possible.

Please don't turn this into a debate. Just curious if anybody has some insight into what the decision makers are thinking right now.
Where is evidence that young people spread it at much lower rate and it doesn’t spread outside?
I believe you will season delayed by 4 weeks, only top two teams from district will make playoffs, state championship fri/sat before Christmas and basketball won't start until January 1. I've heard that from some people that claim to have a good source. They usually aren't the type to beat their chest so I do believe this could be credible.
fridaynightfights Wrote:I believe you will season delayed by 4 weeks, only top two teams from district will make playoffs, state championship fri/sat before Christmas and basketball won't start until January 1. I've heard that from some people that claim to have a good source. They usually aren't the type to beat their chest so I do believe this could be credible.

I hope your sources are right, would be a great plan.
footballfever Wrote:Where is evidence that young people spread it at much lower rate and it doesn’t spread outside?

Everywhere except liberal media outlets. I'm sure it can probably spread outside but any genius can figure out not nearly as bad as inside, where the lockdown crowd wants everyone to stay.

Try here for starters, you can find plenty of science if you get away from the propaganda:

https://www.rivm.nl/en/novel-coronavirus...d-covid-19
jetpilot Wrote:Everywhere except liberal media outlets. I'm sure it can probably spread outside but any genius can figure out not nearly as bad as inside, where the lockdown crowd wants everyone to stay.

Try here for starters, you can find plenty of science if you get away from the propaganda:

https://www.rivm.nl/en/novel-coronavirus...d-covid-19

🙄 I guess I’m just not a genius.
footballfever Wrote:🙄 I guess I’m just not a genius.

Guess not.

https://twitter.com/kerpen/status/128049...76/photo/1
fridaynightfights Wrote:I believe you will season delayed by 4 weeks, only top two teams from district will make playoffs, state championship fri/sat before Christmas and basketball won't start until January 1. I've heard that from some people that claim to have a good source. They usually aren't the type to beat their chest so I do believe this could be credible.

With the current district alignment, we have three districts with six teams (2A Dist. 8, 3A, Dist. 5 & 5A Dist. 1). I could see the B.O.C. wanting to have a five week regular season.

This is just my guess.
Using the info given by fridaynightlights, by eliminating Weeks 0 - 5, no bye weeks and eliminating the first two rounds of the playoffs... our first Friday night under the lights would be Oct. 23rd.

Regular Season
Oct. 23rd
Oct. 30th
Nov. 6th
Nov. 13th
Nov. 20th

Playoffs
Nov. 27th
Dec. 4th
Dec. 11th
Dec. 18th & 19th - State Finals
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Pulp Fiction Wrote:With the current district alignment, we have three districts with six teams (2A Dist. 8, 3A, Dist. 5 & 5A Dist. 1). I could see the B.O.C. wanting to have a five week regular season.

This is just my guess.
Using the info given by fridaynightlights, by eliminating Weeks 0 - 5, no bye weeks and eliminating the first two rounds of the playoffs... our first Friday night under the lights would be Oct. 23rd.

Regular Season
Oct. 23rd
Oct. 30th
Nov. 6th
Nov. 13th
Nov. 20th

Playoffs
Nov. 27th
Dec. 4th
Dec. 11th

???
Season is supposed to begin August 21.
4 weeks late would be September 18?
What am I missing?
footballfever Wrote:Where is evidence that young people spread it at much lower rate and it doesn’t spread outside?

Huffington Post: Generally, your risk of contracting the virus is remarkably lower when you’re outside. This is because there’s more space to separate from others and there’s more natural airflow.

Some evidence suggests sunlight may also be useful, but more research needs to be done. A study in The Journal of Infectious Diseases also showed that 90% of coronavirus particles deactivated within 10 minutes when exposed to UV rays from sunlight, according to a report from HuffPost UK. (This isn’t to be confused with temperature or warmth from the sun, which doesn’t have an effect, according to the World Health Organization. And you shouldn’t just assume that the sun will disinfect everything and make you safe.)

A recent study from China, published before peer-review, examined 1,245 confirmed cases and found that the vast majority of outbreaks were transmitted between people in a household. Cases acquired on transportation accounted for the second-highest number of outbreaks. Only a single cluster of cases appeared to have spread between people in close contact in an outdoor setting.

Pulp Fiction Wrote:With the current district alignment, we have three districts with six teams (2A Dist. 8, 3A, Dist. 5 & 5A Dist. 1). I could see the B.O.C. wanting to have a five week regular season.

This is just my guess.

Regular Season
Oct. 23rd
Oct. 30th
Nov. 6th
Nov. 13th
Nov. 20th

Playoffs
Nov. 27th
Dec. 4th
Dec. 11th

jetpilot Wrote:???
Season is supposed to begin August 21.
4 weeks late would be September 18?
What am I missing?

The dates I posted are based off the info in Red made my fridaynightlights and my own guess of only playing district games.
^^^Gotcha. But 4 weeks late to me means 4 weeks after Aug. 21, and shortening the playoffs under that scenario means almost a full season.
You are probably closer to right but I can hope lol...
Tackett also talked about the KHSAA needed to be flexible in their efforts to open sports back up. Representative Steve Riley asked if there was talk about moving 'high contact sports to spring and perhaps playing 'less contact sports' in the fall. Tackett stated that is something that will be discussed in Friday's KHSAA Board of Control meeting. Tackett explained, according to experts, that basketball could be more dangerous than football - in regards to COVID-19 - because basketball is played indoors.
Go Blazers Go Wrote:Does anybody have any intel on what the proposal from the KHSAA will be to the BOG on Friday?

Based on what I've seen, workouts have gone well, people are doing a good job of complying with the recommendations. Evidence continues to mount that young people don't have adverse reactions to the virus and they spread it at a much lower rate than adults. Evidence also continues to mount that it doesn't spread outside.

I'm hopeful that they will allow full contact practices moving forward and seasons can start as close to on-time as possible.

Please don't turn this into a debate. Just curious if anybody has some insight into what the decision makers are thinking right now.

I'm hearing that they will have a plan but it will be done in pencil if you catch my drift, also no high school game will be played before a college or Professional game. Info I got for what it's worth, and that makes since to me, you can kind of watch over college and professional athletes and kind of keep them in one area but high school kids live all over the place. We will soon find out, plus Andy's press conference today could give us a few hints
Eliminating weeks 0-5 is pushing the season back more than 4 weeks. You also end up with with teams like Scott Co and Great Crossing that play week 0 and are district opponents.
footballfever Wrote:🙄 I guess I’m just not a genius.

Nope but it’s very obvious that you’re nothing but a liberal know it all who will stop at nothing to control the lives of the American people. Your party political party will do anything to win an election and impose their doctrine on everyone else they see as a threat. This country was founded on freedom and freedom will prevail. If you have a problem understanding what I just said I’ll give it to you in the short version. Democrats suck and will do anything to ruin the lives of the American people.
barrel Wrote:Eliminating weeks 0-5 is pushing the season back more than 4 weeks. You also end up with with teams like Scott Co and Great Crossing that play week 0 and are district opponents.

Not sure if it would much matter, but you are correct. I think they would have to reschedule that one because it's a district game
There’s been discussion on here before about moving the regular season back 2 weeks due to heat and humidity. If moving back 4 is the ask why not adjust the entire schedule 4 weeks and play the entire schedule? You can eliminate the buy week (even though it’s beneficial for the kids) and the first round of the playoff (which typically are a blood bath anyways). Furthermore there is no reason why state championships couldn’t be played closer to Christmas or even the second week in January.

OR

Start as scheduled and build in additional buy weeks to allow flexibility for any interruptions. I think someone recommended something similar for NCAA basketball. I get it, two totally different sports and stages but maybe it’s an option???
The Governor's announcement today at 3:00 could be a kick in the butt.
Start practice full go in August. Play week 0 the first Friday in September. If I’m not mistaken that puts the state title games on December 11 so about a week later than normal. You could eliminate round 1 and you’d be finished December 4. I know there has been talk of A/B weeks for school for some but I know some districts will be going back with everyone going Monday through Friday.
Tigerallamerican Wrote:There’s been discussion on here before about moving the regular season back 2 weeks due to heat and humidity. If moving back 4 is the ask why not adjust the entire schedule 4 weeks and play the entire schedule? You can eliminate the buy week (even though it’s beneficial for the kids) and the first round of the playoff (which typically are a blood bath anyways). Furthermore there is no reason why state championships couldn’t be played closer to Christmas or even the second week in January.

OR

Start as scheduled and build in additional buy weeks to allow flexibility for any interruptions. I think someone recommended something similar for NCAA basketball. I get it, two totally different sports and stages but maybe it’s an option???

What about the kids who play football and basketball? If football season gets pushed back that seems like it would cause problems regarding the kid who participate in football and basketball.
I think the season will start late and some point in the schedule like everyones season kicks off on September 18 or 25th, I also think there will be a limited number of fans allowed to come to the games. If COVID case number start to grow once school starts back everything will end.

However why can't they play Baseball Softball Track and Golf in fall then move into Basketball Season 1-1-21 just start the season at that point in the schedule then kick football, Soccer & Volleyball off in mid March or April with a reduced season. Makes no sense why this can't work, they are playing baseball/softball around the country now in the travel and club leagues with no issues, and they started as soon as school ended everywhere. I do believe once regulations gets passed that you can't sue a school district unless it's gross negligence things will move quicker.....Don't think officials aren't worried about the hammer the shark and all the other ambulance chasing attorneys licking their chops right now.
Basketball would be pushed back to reflect offset. It’s a domino effect but everyone will have to show some flexibility. Same for wrestling...
Oldtiger Wrote:I think the season will start late and some point in the schedule like everyones season kicks off on September 18 or 25th, I also think there will be a limited number of fans allowed to come to the games. If COVID case number start to grow once school starts back everything will end.

However why can't they play Baseball Softball Track and Golf in fall then move into Basketball Season 1-1-21 just start the season at that point in the schedule then kick football, Soccer & Volleyball off in mid March or April with a reduced season. Makes no sense why this can't work, they are playing baseball/softball around the country now in the travel and club leagues with no issues, and they started as soon as school ended everywhere. I do believe once regulations gets passed that you can't sue a school district unless it's gross negligence things will move quicker.....Don't think officials aren't worried about the hammer the shark and all the other ambulance chasing attorneys licking their chops right now.

I agree with most of that, but they should be able to keep cross country in the spring and have track in the spring, as usual.
In college athletics, ACC & B1G announced they are looking at playing Conference-Only games this season....

I have no inside info about what the KHSAA will do, but that seems like a likely scenario we will see. Only playing district games.
jetpilot Wrote:Guess not.

https://twitter.com/kerpen/status/128049...76/photo/1

Yep. Hit me up bout Middle September let me know how it’s going. I hope we are playing and all is well. Just don’t see it.
footballfever Wrote:Yep. Hit me up bout Middle September let me know how it’s going. I hope we are playing and all is well. Just don’t see it.

People put science on you and you don't want it. I avoid people like you like the plague...pure poison.
The KHSAA B.O.C. is having a meeting this morning (7/10) @ 8:30.... they are livestreaming it on their YouTube channel.
Commissioner Tackett has said this saying a few times already....

"2019 will look like 2021, but 2020 will look like nothing we've ever seen."