Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCreary Central hires Eric Privett
BossEric Wrote:The AD that hired the first Football coach destroyed the program from the start. The community didn’t support him for various reasons. The community wants a football program , but as long as the former coach is around the program, the community will not be giving any support. McCreary now has a young coach willing to build the program from bottom up. He is on taking cheap shots at him daily on here. No experience, young assistant coaches, Might win one game.

Privett pick your supporter carefully.

Go Raiders!

This is funny the mccreary central had a chance to take steps forward in 2010 after the watts and Roark era. They hired Derrick smith Terrible coach who destroyed any ground that was gained. Then on to ford taking claim to Bozemans team. And now on to this guy he took on the job because he is married to the principal. he did terrible with the middle school then coach jones came in and is much more respectable coach if they were going for a “young guy” that would be the man. Not Eric privett I think he tried to middle school wrestling as well not a good performance.
pjdoug Wrote:My relatives are some if the greatest political figures of the area I keep up with the Joneses Smile

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:moon::moon::moon::moon::moon: If you want anything in this County you better get in with the Joneses,:biglmao:
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote::notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:moon::moon::moon::moon::moon: If you want anything in this County you better get in with the Joneses,:biglmao:
I am a Jones and still don't have much Smile
pjdoug Wrote:I am a Jones and still don't have much Smile

Must be wrong set. lol Got to get on AD's side over here:biglmao::rockon::rockon:
Pump the brakes and give this guy a shot. It’s not like he’s taking over a program that’s prestigious and competes every year. Every time there’s a post with MC people get on here and bash the hell out of them. No wonder no one stays, seems to be zero support from everyone
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Pump the brakes and give this guy a shot. It’s not like he’s taking over a program that’s prestigious and competes every year. Every time there’s a post with MC people get on here and bash the hell out of them. No wonder no one stays, seems to be zero support from everyone

Your right no one does because they only hire people that have connections vs coaches with real experience.
Unbeaten55 Wrote:Your right no one does because they only hire people that have connections vs coaches with real experience.

Who with tons of experience is applying at McCreary? It’s not necessarily the mountain top of high school football and it’s not like you have tons of things to do in Mccreary county. Not a bash on MC, just a statement of fact.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Pump the brakes and give this guy a shot. It’s not like he’s taking over a program that’s prestigious and competes every year. Every time there’s a post with MC people get on here and bash the hell out of them. No wonder no one stays, seems to be zero support from everyone

Your exactly right. The former coach is the one doing all the bashing. He won six or seven games in his coaching career, and now thinks he a expert. He has bashed everyone that's not in his click of three. He has more baggage then a airport.

Go Raiders!
BossEric Wrote:Your exactly right. The former coach is the one doing all the bashing. He won six or seven games in his coaching career, and now thinks he a expert. He has bashed everyone that's not in his click of three. He has more baggage then a airport.

Go Raiders!

The Former Coach you have bashed for years is not one posting on this sight. In looking at the records I think you over look a lot of facts. He was 19-23 and went to 3 straight play-off in 4 years. Since he left MC is 18-81 and 1 play-off trip. You do the math. I hope Coach Privett win's every game but if he can win 3 or 4 it's been a great year. Good Luck Coach.:Clap:
BossEric Wrote:Your exactly right. The former coach is the one doing all the bashing. He won six or seven games in his coaching career, and now thinks he a expert. He has bashed everyone that's not in his click of three. He has more baggage then a airport.

Go Raiders!

Why don’t you leave the former coach along. Rumors has it over the Years on BGR that you BossEric is the AD at McCreary County let it go, wear a mask and see you on the sideline :Sad04:
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Who with tons of experience is applying at McCreary? It’s not necessarily the mountain top of high school football and it’s not like you have tons of things to do in Mccreary county. Not a bash on MC, just a statement of fact.

I would have for sure hired Bozeman over privett that’s for sure
:biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
64SUR Wrote:Why don’t you leave the former coach along. Rumors has it over the Years on BGR that you BossEric is the AD at McCreary County let it go, wear a mask and see you on the sideline :Sad04:
64SUR Wrote:Why don’t you leave the former coach along. Rumors has it over the Years on BGR that you BossEric is the AD at McCreary County let it go, wear a mask and see you on the sideline :Sad04:

Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:The Former Coach you have bashed for years is not one posting on this sight. In looking at the records I think you over look a lot of facts. He was 19-23 and went to 3 straight play-off in 4 years. Since he left MC is 18-81 and 1 play-off trip. You do the math. I hope Coach Privett win's every game but if he can win 3 or 4 it's been a great year. Good Luck Coach.:Clap:

:biglmao::biglmao::biglmao:
I've been a fan and watched the McCreary Central program from a distance since it started and how one man, or position could get the blame for nearly 3 decades of struggles is unfair. Blaming some of the hires as well, look at the history of the job, other than Coach Gay's second run, Coach Boze's second run, Coach Hatcher, Coach Ford and maybe Coach Arthur are the only guys that had varsity head coaching experience and two of those were at McCreary Central. Coach Ford was coming off 4-win season at Caverna and was considered a home run hire, Coach Smith was on the first team that started the program and is one of the nicer folks you'll meet in McCreary County. Coach Hatcher won some games there but was only given one year, Coach Arthur did a very underrated job as well, maybe this is just a very tough job period?!?! I don't have a dog in the fight, but look around the state and see how hard it is to get head coaches, add to that the difficulties of building a consistent winner at a rural program like McCreary Central. Realize as long as the ones building and caring about the program are always fueding or bickering nothing great can happen. I saw firsthand what can happen at Wayne County when the right local guy is hired and local buy-in happens, get behind your guy, maybe he's the one? If not be patient as maybe the next one will be, I know lots of young talent appears excited at the youth levels.
Fan of Jewell Field Wrote:I've been a fan and watched the McCreary Central program from a distance since it started and how one man, or position could get the blame for nearly 3 decades of struggles is unfair. Blaming some of the hires as well, look at the history of the job, other than Coach Gay's second run, Coach Boze's second run, Coach Hatcher, Coach Ford and maybe Coach Arthur are the only guys that had varsity head coaching experience and two of those were at McCreary Central. Coach Ford was coming off 4-win season at Caverna and was considered a home run hire, Coach Smith was on the first team that started the program and is one of the nicer folks you'll meet in McCreary County. Coach Hatcher won some games there but was only given one year, Coach Arthur did a very underrated job as well, maybe this is just a very tough job period?!?! I don't have a dog in the fight, but look around the state and see how hard it is to get head coaches, add to that the difficulties of building a consistent winner at a rural program like McCreary Central. Realize as long as the ones building and caring about the program are always fueding or bickering nothing great can happen. I saw firsthand what can happen at Wayne County when the right local guy is hired and local buy-in happens, get behind your guy, maybe he's the one? If not be patient as maybe the next one will be, I know lots of young talent appears excited at the youth levels.

I’ve kept up with and played for the program within the last 15 years and it doesn’t seem they get the right hire if it landed on them. I was there for smith nice guy played favorites For instance we had backs who fumbled 6 times vs pineville still played and always canceling practice or weight lifting was absolutely terrible coach. Ford had no discipline or hold on his team it was clear good guy once again not someone to build the program. 07-09 talent was there but the level of effort coach Payne put into the conditioning was great that man was there everyday. Mccreary needs someone who will put 365 days a year in to that program. Hopefully it turns out well. However it’s discouraging when the principals husband is the hire with zero experience
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:Must be wrong set. lol Got to get on AD's side over here:biglmao::rockon::rockon:
Confusednicker:
I'm hearing that Coach Galloway will be one of Coach Privett's Asst. Coaches. If this is true it has to help. With his age and experience it will give staff a lot of stability. He is also Great in Wt. Room.
Hope this new coach doesn't throw in the towel at halftime on Log Mountain this year. The weather got the blame but Coach Dudley Hilton would have stayed past midnight to finish what his team started. So good luck to the new coach just not against Bell County!
5000 for a head High School Football coach? What a joke. Most assistants make more than that.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:5000 for a head High School Football coach? What a joke. Most assistants make more than that.

I agree they are lucky to get anyone at that price. I think 1 asst. coach makes 3000 and the other 2 makes 2000. Whoever they get must really want to coach football.
You get what you pay for.
Heard he does a good job cutting the grass.