Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: McCreary Central hires Eric Privett
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not surprised with this hire. When you know who did the hiring and the reasons behind it. Good Luck.:Clap:
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:Not surprised with this hire. When you know who did the hiring and the reasons behind it. Good Luck.:Clap:

I knew they would hire someone as a favorite and once again mccreary central will not make any progress under him just another Derrick smith
Can’t wait to see them @ pineville week 1!!! GO RAIDERS
Whats the story on Coach Privett?
Privett has no Head Coaching experience at High School level. A year or so as an assistant for Galloway or Bozeman. Few years at Middle School where his teams were very average. This was a political hire.
Sounds like they settled. I am assuming Ford gave them plenty of notice?
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:Privett has no Head Coaching experience at High School level. A year or so as an assistant for Galloway or Bozeman. Few years at Middle School where his teams were very average. This was a political hire.

If he wins more than one game I’ll be shocked
Unbeaten55 Wrote:If he wins more than one game I’ll be shocked

Have not seen the Schedule. Sure hope He can win more than one. Has no way to go but up after last three years. Good Luck. Go Raiders.:Clap:
Looked their Schedule up on Max Prep, They have Bell, Rockcastle, Estill, Garrard and Casey no chance to win, and no chance to make playoffs. They do have Jellico, Pineville, Lynn Camp, Clinton Co and Jackson Co. they can beat and that would be a great start for Coach Privett. Don't know him but good luck. Hope you can turn them around.
I think that they can win the ones u mentioned + estill and garrard but time will tell
JustThinking Wrote:Looked their Schedule up on Max Prep, They have Bell, Rockcastle, Estill, Garrard and Casey no chance to win, and no chance to make playoffs. They do have Jellico, Pineville, Lynn Camp, Clinton Co and Jackson Co. they can beat and that would be a great start for Coach Privett. Don't know him but good luck. Hope you can turn them around.

I think that pinevile, jellico, Jackson are good games that they may win. Lynn camp and Clinton they can hang in there but will need a big leap from last year to compete with Clinton was able to handle them and I think they let off the pedal as the game progressed. However if the raiders do better I’ll be happy. I just don’t see it with the coaching situation Is going to lead them in the right direction
Unbeaten55 Wrote:I think that pinevile, jellico, Jackson are good games that they may win. Lynn camp and Clinton they can hang in there but will need a big leap from last year to compete with Clinton was able to handle them and I think they let off the pedal as the game progressed. However if the raiders do better I’ll be happy. I just don’t see it with the coaching situation Is going to lead them in the right direction

They probably can't win any of those games. send your players to Whitley County Smile
Who will assistants be? From what I’ve seen they are going to need to get their numbers up to become more competitive in 3a football. If coach had a lot out when he was coaching middle school with the right assistants that might not be a bad thing. Also, how old is this guy? I would think McCreary needs someone committed to them for a decade to really build up a batch and then be able to stay to keep it going.
fridaynightfights Wrote:Who will assistants be? From what I’ve seen they are going to need to get their numbers up to become more competitive in 3a football. If coach had a lot out when he was coaching middle school with the right assistants that might not be a bad thing. Also, how old is this guy? I would think McCreary needs someone committed to them for a decade to really build up a batch and then be able to stay to keep it going.

He’s upper 30’s or lower 40’s and is definetly the type of guy to keep the Job for a decade I am also interested to see who the assistants will be.
Underrated9 Wrote:He’s upper 30’s or lower 40’s and is definetly the type of guy to keep the Job for a decade I am also interested to see who the assistants will be.

Also heard the same when Ford was the coach 4 years we see how that went. When mccreary hires somebody that’s not married into the system they may get somewhere
Unbeaten55 Wrote:Also heard the same when Ford was the coach 4 years we see how that went. When mccreary hires somebody that’s not married into the system they may get somewhere

Don't know about his Coaching ability, or his Assistants. I do think he will stay awhile because he don't want to be anywhere else.
fridaynightfights Wrote:Who will assistants be? From what I’ve seen they are going to need to get their numbers up to become more competitive in 3a football. If coach had a lot out when he was coaching middle school with the right assistants that might not be a bad thing. Also, how old is this guy? I would think McCreary needs someone committed to them for a decade to really build up a batch and then be able to stay to keep it going.

I'm hearing his Assistants will be Goins, Troxell and Jones.

Goins has been on staff for several years, played at MC in 2010.
Hunter Jones played at MC in 2017 no experience.
Brandon Troxell played at MC in 2017 no experience.

Don't look too promising to me. Good Luck.
This is going to be interesting for sure.
JustThinking Wrote:I'm hearing his Assistants will be Goins, Troxell and Jones.

Goins and Jones are probably my cousins. I'll join the staff if you pay me good. lol
pjdoug Wrote:Goins and Jones are probably my cousins. I'll join the staff if you pay me good. lol

#1 you too old. #2 not enough political clout. We going for the young movement. :biglmao::biglmao::biglmao: Besides Head Coach only makes 5000 so pickings are real slim on salary also.
pjdoug Wrote:Goins and Jones are probably my cousins. I'll join the staff if you pay me good. lol

My friend, you are only surpassed by SUR in the cousins department I think. LOL At least you are a Trump man!Confusednicker:

It's a shame they can't put together a string of winners down there in McCreary. So much politics.:Shaking:
Beautiful place to live. I've known several good guys from down there and had some college buddies from there back in my EKU days. Hopefully your youth movement can get something going.
Hopefully the school will get behind him and back him all the way.
Oleballcoach Wrote:Hopefully the school will get behind him and back him all the way.

Principal will, she is married to him. AD has never supported Football so don't expect that to change. Superintendent could care less about any of the programs. So there we are. Hope I'm wrong but don't think so.:biglmao:
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:Principal will, she is married to him. AD has never supported Football so don't expect that to change. Superintendent could care less about any of the programs. So there we are. Hope I'm wrong but don't think so.:biglmao:

Couldn’t have said it better AD was only worried about basketball but now it’s just a pay check. Mccreary central sports is the last to get anything look at the weight room and field house.
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:#1 you too old. #2 not enough political clout. We going for the young movement. :biglmao::biglmao::biglmao: Besides Head Coach only makes 5000 so pickings are real slim on salary also.
My relatives are some if the greatest political figures of the area I keep up with the Joneses Smile
Unbeaten55 Wrote:Couldn’t have said it better AD was only worried about basketball but now it’s just a pay check. Mccreary central sports is the last to get anything look at the weight room and field house.

The AD that hired the first Football coach destroyed the program from the start. The community didn’t support him for various reasons. The community wants a football program , but as long as the former coach is around the program, the community will not be giving any support. McCreary now has a young coach willing to build the program from bottom up. He is on taking cheap shots at him daily on here. No experience, young assistant coaches, Might win one game.

Privett pick your supporter carefully.

Go Raiders!
BossEric Wrote:The AD that hired the first Football coach destroyed the program from the start. The community didn’t support him for various reasons. The community wants a football program , but as long as the former coach is around the program, the community will not be giving any support. McCreary now has a young coach willing to build the program from bottom up. He is on taking cheap shots at him daily on here. No experience, young assistant coaches, Might win one game.

Go Raiders!

Spoken like a true AD. lol:biglmao::biglmao::biglmao:

BossEric Wrote:The AD that hired the first Football coach destroyed the program from the start. The community didn’t support him for various reasons. The community wants a football program , but as long as the former coach is around the program, the community will not be giving any support. McCreary now has a young coach willing to build the program from bottom up. He is on taking cheap shots at him daily on here. No experience, young assistant coaches, Might win one game.

Go Raiders!

You not too sharp are you, I think MC has had football for 30+ years and you blame the success of the program on him. I would think the Administration would carry that blame.Confusederiously:

Go Raiders!

You not too sharp are you, I think MC has had football for 30+ years and you blame the success of the program on the Coach back then . I would think the Administration would carry that blame.Confusederiously:
papagrit Wrote:My friend, you are only surpassed by SUR in the cousins department I think. LOL At least you are a Trump man!Confusednicker:

It's a shame they can't put together a string of winners down there in McCreary. So much politics.:Shaking:
Beautiful place to live. I've known several good guys from down there and had some college buddies from there back in my EKU days. Hopefully your youth movement can get something going.
64, can't keep up. A large part of McCreary County used to be Whitley County, so I have a lot of distant cousins there so I love all the fine people there. I like to poke at them ,but I wish them nothing but the best. The new Highway 92 should help both counties.
Pages: 1 2