Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCreary Central Head Coaching Job Open
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:Well if we are looking for someone who is going to stay 10 years it want be Bozeman or Payne both too close to retirement. Privett's wife is Principal at the High School and I don't see how he can even be Coach as long as she is in that position. Hope someone that has been an assistant in a good program get's the job and stays until this good group get there.

I think for now the best options would be
1 Payne
2 Bozeman
Privett shouldn’t be an option I haven’t seen good results of anything he has coached in my opinion if he gets it will be favoritism and more failure for the team. Hopefully they find someone for long term eventually but to get the team in the right direction I think Payne should be given a chance at it an Bozeman was doing decent before but the administration isn’t his biggest fan from some interactions I have seen.
Unbeaten55 Wrote:I think for now the best options would be
1 Payne
2 Bozeman
Privett shouldn’t be an option I haven’t seen good results of anything he has coached in my opinion if he gets it will be favoritism and more failure for the team. Hopefully they find someone for long term eventually but to get the team in the right direction I think Payne should be given a chance at it an Bozeman was doing decent before but the administration isn’t his biggest fan from some interactions I have seen.

AD does not like Payne or Bozeman either. This could be a long process. I really don't think Payne would take it. He is well aware of the like of support and how underpaid the Job is. Hoping for the best.:popcorn::popcorn:
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:AD does not like Payne or Bozeman either. This could be a long process. I really don't think Payne would take it. He is well aware of the like of support and how underpaid the Job is. Hoping for the best.:popcorn::popcorn:

Personally I wouldn’t care about the pay it’s more about getting the opportunity to be the head coach just me personally. I know the AD has always been that way be nice to see someone else in as AD but I’m sure he has his kid lined up for that position as well all the buddy system as I said mccreary doesn’t want the better just who they like in positions. That’s across the whole county not just the athletics
Unbeaten55 Wrote:Personally I wouldn’t care about the pay it’s more about getting the opportunity to be the head coach just me personally. I know the AD has always been that way be nice to see someone else in as AD but I’m sure he has his kid lined up for that position as well all the buddy system as I said mccreary doesn’t want the better just who they like in positions. That’s across the whole county not just the athletics

All the local people know how the AD and Administration handles things. In MC it's not what you know but who you know. Everyone knows how Football is treated and the like of emphasis on that sport. We've had Football since 1987 and had 2 winning seasons and 2 500 seasons. 4 total trips to playoffs. The facilities are not real good. Good luck getting someone that is not local.
Any word on who all has applied ??
Still have only heard Payne, Bozeman and Privett. Not much being said, kind hush hush.
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:Still have only heard Payne, Bozeman and Privett. Not much being said, kind hush hush.

That’s all I heard also, they need to decide before Monday
JustThinking Wrote:Any word on who all has applied ??

Heard last night one from Whitley County, one from Alabama and Bozeman. These 3 have applied. I hope they just go and hire one and let him go to work.
Heard Clark Teague applied. Anyone know for sure?
footballfever Wrote:Heard Clark Teague applied. Anyone know for sure?

No, I didn’t.
footballfever Wrote:Heard Clark Teague applied. Anyone know for sure?

1st time hearing Coach Teague mentioned. I think that would be a great hire. Lot's of experience as Head Coach and Assistant Coach. I know he worked at Somerset, Corbin and McCreary. :Clap:
Why would MC even consider Teague? Didn’t he walk out middle of year and quit on them?
send all the players to Whitley County Smile
Cteague01 Wrote:No, I didn’t.

Don't lie. lol
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:1st time hearing Coach Teague mentioned. I think that would be a great hire. Lot's of experience as Head Coach and Assistant Coach. I know he worked at Somerset, Corbin and McCreary. :Clap:
He's an experienced coach, but the program will have to be built from the bottom up with lots of support from the administration, and a coach that will stay for the long haul if they ever want to have any success.