Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHAT IF? Overall State Champion
Trinity and Male would both beat Cov.Cath regardless of what the rankings say and it would be a toss up between Cov.Cath and Johnson Central and the rest is about right.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Trinity and Male would both beat Cov.Cath regardless of what the rankings say and it would be a toss up between Cov.Cath and Johnson Central and the rest is about right.

I'll take cov Cath over male. I think trinity vs cch would be a slobber knocker
I know this isn’t supposed to be in this post, but will Highlands ever be back? Not from Northern Kentucky so just curious. Thanks.
four quarters Wrote:I know this isn’t supposed to be in this post, but will Highlands ever be back? Not from Northern Kentucky so just curious. Thanks.

Yes. Of course they will. The program just needs a shot in the arm to draw in some big timers....both coaches and players. The open enrollment days of yesteryear would greatly help.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Trinity and Male would both beat Cov.Cath regardless of what the rankings say and it would be a toss up between Cov.Cath and Johnson Central and the rest is about right.

The Male I watched looked pretty awful. QB wasn’t accurate. Lines getting dominated. Missing XPs. Turnovers. People hold out 6A football in Kentucky as basically being like small college football, but that game was ugly, and it was a lot of unforced errors. I absolutely think CCH could hang with Male at the very least.
I watched Lex.Cath and to be honest they wasn’t very good and to beat them by one point You just can’t mak me believe that they were as good as those two Male or Trinity ether one would have beat Lex.Cath by 50
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I watched Lex.Cath and to be honest they wasn’t very good and to beat them by one point You just can’t mak me believe that they were as good as those two Male or Trinity ether one would have beat Lex.Cath by 50

Yeah cov Cath beat Cincinnati lasalle 27-7 and just won the 5a state championship with a win over an extremely good Fredrick Douglas. They are 44-1 in the last three years. They just aren't very good.
From what I seen on Friday-Sunday...

1. Trinity
2. Cov. Catholic
3. Johnson Central
4. Boyle County
5. Male
6. Frederick Douglass
7. Belfry
8. Pikeville
9. Somerset
10. Mayfield
11. Bell County
12. Paintsville

7-11 you can throw a blanket over those teams are so close.
I’d like to add that I wasn’t very impressed with Male Sunday. Maybe they were having a bad game, but they just didn’t look like what I expected.

Cov Cath probably stood out to me more than any other team and they also have the best football player in the state in Mayer. He’s unbelievable.
How about limiting all of the champions to dressing only 20 players for the showdown? What happens then? It would level the playing field
HCS Wrote:Terrible idea - just like the last 30 years, because it's brought up every year.
You can't have classes and then put them together at the end. The worst thing you could do to a state champion is make them play again and go home a loser.

No one was proposing or petitioning the KHSAA that this really happen. Just asking about how the 6 state champs would match up in a "pretend" playoff... that's why I entitled the post "What If?" Congrats to all the State Champions from each class!
Woodsman Wrote:Yeah cov Cath beat Cincinnati lasalle 27-7 and just won the 5a state championship with a win over an extremely good Fredrick Douglas. They are 44-1 in the last three years. They just aren't very good.

I agree. You cannot judge Covington Catholic by that Lexington Catholic game. That would be like judging Belfry from just the Pikeville game. I watched Male to and wasn't impressed but I was with Catholic. I think Cov.Cath. beats Male but Trinity would beat them about like they did Male.
#55PirateFan Wrote:I agree. You cannot judge Covington Catholic by that Lexington Catholic game. That would be like judging Belfry from just the Pikeville game. I watched Male to and wasn't impressed but I was with Catholic. I think Cov.Cath. beats Male but Trinity would beat them about like they did Male.

Also, earlier I ranked Cov.Cath. #1 but after going back and watching Trinity on film I would give them the edge over Catholic. The way I'd rank the final twelve would be:

1 Trinity
2 Cov.Cath.
3 Male
4 Johnson Central
5 Frederick Douglas
6 Boyle County
7 Belfry
8 Pikeville
9 Somerset
10 Mayfield
11 Bell County
12 Paintsville

But that's just me.
It would be very similar scores to the 3rd round of the current playoff system lol