Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 5A Championship Covington Cath 14 Fredrick Douglas 7
fridaynightfights Wrote:Lexington football will go another season without a title.

No offense to Lexington, but titles aren't exactly common for them. I think LCA and Scott County are the only teams to win one in the past ten years. Unless you're including Boyle/Danville, but I kinda thought they were their own thing.
CarzyRock Wrote:No offense to Lexington, but titles aren't exactly common for them. I think LCA and Scott County are the only teams to win one in the past ten years. Unless you're including Boyle/Danville, but I kinda thought they were their own thing.

No offense taken but for perspective, Louisville has 26 total high schools (if I counted correctly) and Lexington has 8 total that play varsity football. Louisville has open enrollment (only FDU does in Lexington) and Louisville has 6 private schools 2 of which have a significantly larger male enrollment than any high school in Lexington. Not making excuses, or saying that Lexington football is where it should be, but outside of the big 2-3 in Louisville, and the perrienial powerhouses programs around the state, Lexington is right there with the masses. This past season two of Lexingtons 8 reached the semifinals or finals and another/LCA very easily could have. There’s a whole lot working against the public schools in Lexington right now so IMO that’s something to build on.
Also, regarding this game. Congratulations Cov Cath. Very stout defenses for both these teams but IMO if either of them had better quarterback play there would have been some offense.