Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greenup County @ Ashland 10-25
Coach Grizzle has done a great job at Lloyd. Hope the natives become less restless.
GoHerd_22 Wrote:Here's some history on Greenup County football for you scholars out there that seem to have all the answers. The longest tenured coach in Greenup history is 7 years. Greenup has 13 different head coaches since the inagural season on 1973 when Coach Mike Hildenbrandt started the program. That is an average tenure of 3.5 years per coach. Tough to build a winning program when coaches are getting out of dodge as soon as possible every 3-5 years.

There are only 4 coaches in the school's history with a winning career records. Those are Bill Trent, Gary McPeek, TJ Maynard, and Coach Grizzle. Numbers don't lie. I'm not saying anything about who's a good coach and who's not. Just stating facts. At some point the Greenup fan base and parents need to look in the mirror and figure out why they cant keep a coach.

I like to see Grizzle stay. But you are right that he is working against the Greenup parents and fan base. He is a young coach that is still trying to build off what Coach Mullins left and it showing. Greenup needs some big changes but i don't think trying to find a new coach is the answer.
Scott had the chance to take the Ironton job
KYHSFB Wrote:Scott had the chance to take the Ironton job

The Ironton Job would have been way over his head. That could have been career killer for him. They have a brutal fan base over in Ironton. I want to see Scott do well and I'm glad he didn't take the Ironton job.
Kittens should make a nice playoff run this year.
Bama-Cat Wrote:I like to see Grizzle stay. But you are right that he is working against the Greenup parents and fan base. He is a young coach that is still trying to build off what Coach Mullins left and it showing. Greenup needs some big changes but i don't think trying to find a new coach is the answer.

Immaturity is a problem. Grizzle is young and each year should have brought maturity and growth instead, he’s pushed the parents and community away from the program. You cannot be successful without the support of the community. People sit on their a$$e$ in the stands because they don’t feel included. And I know some of you will fire back that that is not his job to include the fans and I’m sure it sucks as a head coach to try and balance it all when all you want to do is coach but sometimes you just have to play that game to be successful on the field. If you sit back and watch a successful program such as Wheelersburg you will see tradition, interaction with fans in the stands, parents on the field for the after game speech, making the program about more than just a game. Grizzle may not realize, it’s the little things that he does and does not do that can make or break a program. Just some observations.
I don't think you will see Coach Love of Coach Maynard feeling like they have to worry about the fan base. Greenup has no fan base because they are awful. I guess that was the problem with all of the other 13 coaches. No Coach EVER stays at Greenup. Maybe the community and fan base should look in the mirror. Coaches but in a lot of time and their responsibility is to their team so if you need to feel warm and fuzzy maybe support your coaches and players because it's the little things the fan base do or doesn't do that can make it break your program. Or better go ask your Coach what you can do to help or do nothing and wait on 13 more coaches to come thru your program.
Friday Night Wrote:Immaturity is a problem. Grizzle is young and each year should have brought maturity and growth instead, he’s pushed the parents and community away from the program. You cannot be successful without the support of the community. People sit on their a$$e$ in the stands because they don’t feel included. And I know some of you will fire back that that is not his job to include the fans and I’m sure it sucks as a head coach to try and balance it all when all you want to do is coach but sometimes you just have to play that game to be successful on the field. If you sit back and watch a successful program such as Wheelersburg you will see tradition, interaction with fans in the stands, parents on the field for the after game speech, making the program about more than just a game. Grizzle may not realize, it’s the little things that he does and does not do that can make or break a program. Just some observations.

Greenup parents are so entitled to having a say-so in the program. Now they have a coach that doesn't give in to their every need and they get offended and turn their backs on him.
Football Pride 002 Wrote:I don't think you will see Coach Love of Coach Maynard feeling like they have to worry about the fan base. Greenup has no fan base because they are awful. I guess that was the problem with all of the other 13 coaches. No Coach EVER stays at Greenup. Maybe the community and fan base should look in the mirror. Coaches but in a lot of time and their responsibility is to their team so if you need to feel warm and fuzzy maybe support your coaches and players because it's the little things the fan base do or doesn't do that can make it break your program. Or better go ask your Coach what you can do to help or do nothing and wait on 13 more coaches to come thru your program.

Those two coaches you have mentioned are at programs that have been very successful over the years and were successful before they became coaches at those programs. Grizzle didn't have the luxury of taking over a powerhouse program where winning season wasn't hard to come by. He took over a program that had went from barley being able to dress enough for a varsity game to 50 plus players dressing and finally having its first winning season since 2002. That is a lot for a young coach to worry about on top of having to deal with trying to build football culture for the fan base to buy in on.
28-0 Tomcats half