Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Greenup County @ Ashland 10-25
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thoughts? Predictions?
Ashland wins by several scores.
No contest for the tomcats. Not sure what the problem is at Greenup but it’s definitely not the season they expected. They would have been better off to stay in 4A.
Ashland big
Ashland - 50
Greenup Co - 7
Ashland runs the clock
A role reversal in this one. The musketeers get hunted by the thomcats by at least 3 TDs
Greenup will be looking for a new coach after this season.
Ashland rolls in this one. 42-6
Bama-Cat Wrote:Greenup will be looking for a new coach after this season.

Interesting.. are you saying he will be looking to find a new job or the school will be getting rid of him?

Doesn’t seem like a smart move to let go the coach with the 2nd most career wins at your school, in 4 years btw.
GoHerd_22 Wrote:Interesting.. are you saying he will be looking to find a new job or the school will be getting rid of him?

Doesn’t seem like a smart move to let go the coach with the 2nd most career wins at your school, in 4 years btw.

He will be looking for a new job.
Ashland 49
Greenup 06
Greenup.
GoHerd_22 Wrote:Interesting.. are you saying he will be looking to find a new job or the school will be getting rid of him?

Won with Coach Mullins teams/players. This is his first team that he developed all the way through. We see how that turned out.
Ashland 55
Greenup 13
Aaahhhh the Greenup faithful jumping ship at the first sign of trouble. And you wonder why you lose. Sissies!
Tomcats by 4+ TD's.
I said it from the jump. I believed this was just the next step for Grizzle in his journey. I firmly believe that he will stick around if it was what he felt was beat for him. But at this point, if a better opportunity presents itself, I wouldnt blame him a bit for taking his talents elsewhere. He has done alot for the GC program. But the fact of the matter is, Greenup is a bigger area school that still cant produce the quality numbers to be competitive in their class.
Ashland big
Take his talents elsewhere? You speak as if he has knocked it out of the park with his first head coaching job. He is 22-20 overall. He is 0-4 against class A Raceland being outscored 101-33 in total. He is 0-3 against Ashland and getting ready to be 0-5 after a couple of weeks. All of this with a D1 quarterback. I wouldn’t think schools would be beating down his door to come run their program. I realize Greenup is a difficult place to win for whatever reason, but to say this is the “next step” for the coach seems a bit presumptuous given his record.
Kittens by 24
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Aaahhhh the Greenup faithful jumping ship at the first sign of trouble. And you wonder why you lose. Sissies!
Shhh... you continue to embarrass yourself. You can have him back.. gladly!
Just a daddy crying over his son playing time. That's why Greenup can't keep a coach the support system is awful. They forget they went 0 and 24 . Coach Grizzle has had 3 winning season and has salt with a lot of injuries this year but once again Greenup shows its true chacter. That is why the will never have a tradition. Support your players and coaches like other programs with class.
nekysportsfan Wrote:Take his talents elsewhere? You speak as if he has knocked it out of the park with his first head coaching job. He is 22-20 overall. He is 0-4 against class A Raceland being outscored 101-33 in total. He is 0-3 against Ashland and getting ready to be 0-5 after a couple of weeks. All of this with a D1 quarterback. I wouldn’t think schools would be beating down his door to come run their program. I realize Greenup is a difficult place to win for whatever reason, but to say this is the “next step” for the coach seems a bit presumptuous given his record.

It was "the next step". Scott wanted to be a HC. Was Greenup his first option? Highly doubtful. But it gave him solid experienced and regardless of the record, he breathed a new attitude into that Program. And anyone who says "u can take him back"...its amazing how many sang his praises when he arrived. Only for them to say he hasnt done enough. He has done just as much in terms of wins and losses and brought about a new attitude in greenup. This is from a Raceland fan, from the outside looking in.
Nobody wins at greenup. Atleast not for long and then the excuses start rolling.
Thank You that's why Raceland has a class act program they don't jump ship on their players or coaches.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Nobody wins at greenup. Atleast not for long and then the excuses start rolling.
Pretty sure this person is employed by the Greenup School System? Lol
Bluegrass01 Wrote:Pretty sure this person is employed by the Greenup School System? Lol

Far and away bud.
I believe Ashland is the superior team by far. However, I do not see Greenup losing this one by 6 or 7 scores as some have mentioned. Greenup’s QB is excellent. Admittedly, he is unable to carry the team by himself. Watching film on them, they seem to make a lot of mental mistakes: they are offsides frequently, they drop a lot of balls, they miss coverages. While i certainly would love to see Ashland win going away, I think Greenup keeps it a little closer than expected: 42-21 is my prediction.
Here's some history on Greenup County football for you scholars out there that seem to have all the answers. The longest tenured coach in Greenup history is 7 years. Greenup has 13 different head coaches since the inagural season on 1973 when Coach Mike Hildenbrandt started the program. That is an average tenure of 3.5 years per coach. Tough to build a winning program when coaches are getting out of dodge as soon as possible every 3-5 years.

There are only 4 coaches in the school's history with a winning career records. Those are Bill Trent, Gary McPeek, TJ Maynard, and Coach Grizzle. Numbers don't lie. I'm not saying anything about who's a good coach and who's not. Just stating facts. At some point the Greenup fan base and parents need to look in the mirror and figure out why they cant keep a coach.
Pages: 1 2