Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle Co vs Highlands
A lot of posters boasting about Boyle because they beat 3A CAL bad. Looking at CAL schedule and they have not beat anyone good this year, maybe CAL is not as good as some are making them out to be. And what good team has Boyle proved themselves against yet? Is Boyle better than Tenn team Highlands played? Everyone said Highlands was going to get blown out in that game too.
Cal beat a very good South Oldham team sense that defeat south Oldham though 4 or 5 games have allowed 7 points they have blown every team they played out

Highlands is good but I don't think they have Boyle level of talent and coaching

If course I know you will disagree but I believe one of these programs will play in December and they team name isn't bird related
I heard Boyle is very good. Probably better overall talent. Don’t brag if coaching staff better than Highlands. Just sayin
Mr cold74 Wrote:Cal beat a very good South Oldham team sense that defeat south Oldham though 4 or 5 games have allowed 7 points they have blown every team they played out

Highlands is good but I don't think they have Boyle level of talent and coaching

If course I know you will disagree but I believe one of these programs will play in December and they team name isn't bird related

Know nothing about Boyle coaching, but will not hear me bragging about this Highlands coaching staff!
sstack Wrote:Know nothing about Boyle coaching, but will not hear me bragging about this Highlands coaching staff!

Your first five words in this post effectively end this conversation.
Jeff Hester is one of the best defensive coordinators in the State. He needs more recognition! He will have Boyle's defense locked in. Boyle wins 49-14.
FoSho Wrote:First of all what kind of thinking is it that you have to run the clock on a top 5 5A team or you're not the "end all be all"?

And secondly how easy is it for you to say that? If we do run the clock, we were supposed to, if we don't, we suck.

Lol

You claim that Boyle is the absolute best or one of the best teams in the state regardless of classification. That’s a bold statement. While I acknowledge highlands has improved drastically since the last several years....I do not think they are back to their old self just yet. If Boyle county is as good as you claim, they will beat highlands by at least 36 points. Quit hedging your bet and stand by what you’ve claimed.

How easy is it for you to make silly statements about Boyle county?
That great Knox Catholic team just got running clocked last week 56-19 by McCallie.. So, is that really a good loss for Highlands? IMO, Boyle should win this game by 3 or more scores.
Knoxville Catholic is 793 nationally according to Maxpreps.

Boyle is 379. For what that is worth.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:That great Knox Catholic team just got running clocked last week 56-19 by McCallie.. So, is that really a good loss for Highlands? IMO, Boyle should win this game by 3 or more scores.

McCallie is ranked #1 overall in Tennessee and #70 in the Nation.

They are VERY good. :Thumbs:
I'm just saying, most Highlands fans that attended the Knox Catholic game claimed they were a small college team. I'm sure they were good, but, maybe not exactly what they were being made out to be. If they were as good as advertised, they wouldn't be getting a running clock put on them, regardless who they played.
Woodsman Wrote:You claim that Boyle is the absolute best or one of the best teams in the state regardless of classification. That’s a bold statement. While I acknowledge highlands has improved drastically since the last several years....I do not think they are back to their old self just yet. If Boyle county is as good as you claim, they will beat highlands by at least 36 points. Quit hedging your bet and stand by what you’ve claimed.

How easy is it for you to make silly statements about Boyle county?

I've never said the Rebels would put a running clock on Highlands. At least not yet.

What silly statement have I said?

This week Maxpreps has us ranked number three in the state are you going to call them out on that?
FoSho Wrote:I've never said the Rebels would put a running clock on Highlands. At least not yet.

What silly statement have I said?

This week Maxpreps has us ranked number three in the state are you going to call them out on that?

No. If Boyle is truly #3, they will have zero problems putting a running clock on the birds.
Woodsman Wrote:No. If Boyle is truly #3, they will have zero problems putting a running clock on the birds.

So Highlands is ranked #9 in the state and we're #3. And that 6 spot difference has to be a running clock to justify the ranking? Sounds reasonable. Lol

Stay tuned.
A little off the subject. But what happened to that all American Tennessee team that beat Highlands??? I don’t care who they played. That’s shameful
bo67 Wrote:A little off the subject. But what happened to that all American Tennessee team that beat Highlands??? I don’t care who they played. That’s shameful

The team that beat them is ranked #70 in the nation and #1 overall in Tennessee if that helps explain the beat down.

Knoxville Catholic is ranked #793 in the nation by MaxPreps.

Boyle is ranked #379.
Boyle makes a statement again with a dominating performance to silence the critics.
Hatz. Then why are Highlands coaches and fans making such a big deal out of a loss?
Title Towners - 48
Feathered Friends - 13
bo67 Wrote:Hatz. Then why are Highlands coaches and fans making such a big deal out of a loss?

I don't know. I'm not privy to the HHS coaches or fans thinking. Just saw these rankings as a starting point of conversation.
woodsman Wrote:beau allen is the best and it’s not close.

😁😂🤣
Woodsman Wrote:No. If Boyle is truly #3, they will have zero problems putting a running clock on the birds.

Why don’t you go bother someone else on another thread, your dislike for Boyle is obvious if they had put a running clock on Trinity or Male last week you’d still only have negative comments about the Rebels.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Why don’t you go bother someone else on another thread, your dislike for Boyle is obvious if they had put a running clock on Trinity or Male last week you’d still only have negative comments about the Rebels.

Confusednicker: This is starting to resemble a Corbin thread...:popcorn:
If the Highlands O line that played against Ryle Friday night shows up again, it will be a loooong night for the Birds and their QB. Ryle was in the backfield dozens of times in the game and sacked the Highlands QB at least 10 times. Not sure what was going on with the line but it needs work before Friday night or the Birds lose big.
JustADad Wrote:If the Highlands O line that played against Ryle Friday night shows up again, it will be a loooong night for the Birds and their QB. Ryle was in the backfield dozens of times in the game and sacked the Highlands QB at least 10 times. Not sure what was going on with the line but it needs work before Friday night or the Birds lose big.

On Friday, the Highlands OL will be battling a formidable DL in Boyle Co, anchored by one Wilson Kelly.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Why don’t you go bother someone else on another thread, your dislike for Boyle is obvious if they had put a running clock on Trinity or Male last week you’d still only have negative comments about the Rebels.

You seem triggered? Sorry about that.
charlesw88 Wrote:You do realize Highlands is extremely good, right? Running clock or no running clock will not determine anything. This Boyle County team is really good and they are the favorite but it doesn't have to be a running clock.

Extremely good? A team that only put 28 and 27 on SK and Ryle is extremely good? I dont think so, much improved from prior years, yes, extremely good, no.
FoSho Wrote:First of all what kind of thinking is it that you have to run the clock on a top 5 5A team or you're not the "end all be all"?

And secondly how easy is it for you to say that? If we do run the clock, we were supposed to, if we don't, we suck.

Lol

I think the error in your argument is that Highlands is a top 5 5A team, they simply are not.
plantmanky Wrote:I think the error in your argument is that Highlands is a top 5 5A team, they simply are not.

Look, I didn't do the ranking. I'm just going by what the polls say. PERSONALLY, I DONT GIVE A 💩!

What rankings am I supposed to use? Are you telling me that the Woods/Plant Poll is what I should use and to hell with the rest?

Please get it to me for future reference. TIA
Woodsman Wrote:You seem triggered? Sorry about that.

Not triggered, just annoyed.