Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Raceland Really A "Power"?
Neutral calpreps computer has Raceland as the 3rd best 1a program the last 5 years. 4th best over the last 15 years. 25 big wins in that time frame. I say thats a class a power.
Take their name away and just use their resume .. last 10 years I would say they average 9 wins a season including playoffs , 2 region championships and 1 trip to the state championship game and got blown out . In no way does that describe a power team
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Take their name away and just use their resume .. last 10 years I would say they average 9 wins a season including playoffs , 2 region championships and 1 trip to the state championship game and got blown out . In no way does that describe a power team

You seem to be having a hard time with understanding that calpreps/maxpreps uses nothing but numbers for a resume. #3 the last 5 years #4 the last 15.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Take their name away and just use their resume .. last 10 years I would say they average 9 wins a season including playoffs , 2 region championships and 1 trip to the state championship game and got blown out . In no way does that describe a power team
Oh nut how you have changed. And it’s 4 regional championships and 1 trip to the championship game. Could have swore you were there at all of them 🤨
FootballGuy Wrote:Oh nut how you have changed. And it’s 4 regional championships and 1 trip to the championship game. Could have swore you were there at all of them 🤨

He switched his orange and he’s chasing a ring Hahahah
[quote=FootballGuy]Oh nut how you have changed. And it’s 4 regional championships and 1 trip to the championship game. Could have swore you were there at all of them 🤨[/QUOTE

I guess your right , the first was Nathaniel’s freshman year the next his sophomore year , then Noah’s sophomore year and last year man I’m getting old
I wish nothing but the best for the Rams, I hope they win it all my issue is with the bully who is head coach that curses out kids on the sideline as much as he eats little Debbie cakes , and to call my son a f...ing retard Bc he messed up on a play at practice is crossing the line , especially when the my son was deaf until the age of 5 and has learning disabilities. So if RamDad wants to call that chasing rings so be it
anotherfootballnut Wrote:I wish nothing but the best for the Rams, I hope they win it all my issue is with the bully who is head coach that curses out kids on the sideline as much as he eats little Debbie cakes , and to call my son a f...ing retard Bc he messed up on a play at practice is crossing the line , especially when the my son was deaf until the age of 5 and has learning disabilities. So if RamDad wants to call that chasing rings so be it

I was not talking about your son or that horrible situation I was poking at you like I have in the past .....and we would have fun with it! Sorry for the awful things your boy went through
Back to the topic....I wouldn’t call Raceland a power team! Not because they haven’t won a championship but because they don’t win enough big games! I don’t feel you can rate a programs success or dismiss their success based on the amount of rings they have
When I think of powerhouse teams in football in general or by class Raceland has never come to mine. I think they have improved a little recently but they are no where near a powerhouse. It takes a long time to get to the powerhouse level and I think titles do matter. You do not have to have a ton of them but you need a few. Of course everyone can look at it differently but to me coming from a football power I just do not see it.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:I was not talking about your son or that horrible situation I was poking at you like I have in the past .....and we would have fun with it! Sorry for the awful things your boy went through

My bad maybe I jumped a little to quick
Just curious, would anyone on here consider Ashland a "power"?
RoShamBo Wrote:Just curious, would anyone on here consider Ashland a "power"?

No...most of their championship came before 1900 when no other school claimed one in their class!! I hear they are about to hang another banner for 1482 hahaha! I think age plays a factor here! I’m 44 and was a freshman the last time Ashland won a state title! People older then me would say that they are but for me they are in the same boat as my Rams! They are a solid program that puts a good team on the field but they can’t win the big games! No!!! Assland in my book is no power football program!
IMO, you can’t call them a “power” in 1A just yet. I echo the other poster who said they’re a regional power (last 10 years or so). It’s not a slight to what they’ve accomplished, just a fact. Pikeville has championships in the 80s, runner ups in the 90s and 70s, and a championship and a runner up in the 2000s. To me, despite a few year dip, their consistency qualifies them as a power. I believe Panther Thunder is close to finalizing an updated W-L record all time with them that will move them into the top 10 in the state all time. To me, continued dominance such as that qualifies them as a true power state wide. Along with the former 1A Powers Beechwood and Mayfield. Paintsville, Raceland, et al qualify as regional powers. Hazard is right there knocking on the door as a state wide 1A power based on their past 15-20 years. Just my opinion.
Raceland is a quality team with a strong tradition and solid history. I can't give the exact number but we have 550+ wins, many District titles, 4 Region titles and 1 State finals appearance. Region titles and finals appearance have come in the past 7 years, so, we are on the right path to become a power. Consistency and quality wins and yes, a title would help.
I would alter wording for the upper level teams. I think Raceland is a power team in Class 1A but not an elite team. The teams that keep being brought up with all the title game appearances and wins are elite. Now, that is a classification to try and attain.
The Ams are legends in their own mind. maybe a tri state power at best
scrappy coco Wrote:The Ams are legends in their own mind. maybe a tri state power at best

Wow...you just used the word Tri State while referring to another program Bahahahahah!! Does Fairyveiw still play football??
Raceland rules the world! AND THATS THE BOTTOM LINE! CAUSE STONE RAM A DEVIL SAID SO!😡
with a last place finish in your own district in 2015, for sure.. not a power in 1A. as for Fairview they do not pump them selves up as world beaters. I would take that bunch in westwood any day over your transfers from greenup and Russell and across the river. gone are the days of Fairview being able to match up play for play against the ams, but proud to say we are eagles everyday. You seriously need to be taking aim at freddy douglass instead of fairview
Dont see a helluva lot of Raceland guys claiming to be a power. Myself included. Keep hangin ur hat on that last place finish in 2015 though. Proud to be an Eagle, proud to be a Ram. What's the difference?