Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any "shoe-ins" for top player/players in each Class? First team All-state names, etc.
smoke1015 Wrote:That's a 100% secondhand comment about the Beechwood game, and several other uninformed points. The Beechwood game was never in doubt, really, as they could barely move the ball, and the only reason it was a 1 score (or was it still 2, I forget...) was the fact Beechwood got a semi cheap one very late. Corbin's best WR made one of the better catches I've saw this year in the 2nd quarter (I think), and was out of the game after that. I'm not sure what game you were watching. Casey is a top 10 team in 3A, Whitley is fairly solid, Mayfield is great this year, wasn't their an out of state team that was really good? Corbin's non district schedule is tough. Corbin's district schedule is solid, with Bell, and Casey, no matter how much folks aren't paying attention.

Beechwood game was never in doubt? Only reason close was because of a semi cheap one late in the game? What game were you watching?
Not taking anything away from the Redhounds but...... If it was at a neutral site Beechwood probably beats Corbin. Every penalty took 2-3 minutes to make a ruling. On several blatant/obvious calls, the flag was waived off after Corbin's coach joined the official's huddle and added his two cents. The late hit on the Beechwood's 4th down stand was a complete "joke", which led to a Corbin touchdown, which was the difference in the game. It was so comical, players and coaches from a local high school were telling the Beechwood fans, "Welcome to Corbin! Good Luck playing against them and the refs!"
Best of Luck to Corbin. I am sure you will have no problems winning at home! Confusednicker:
The Truth Sayer Wrote:Beechwood game was never in doubt? Only reason close was because of a semi cheap one late in the game? What game were you watching?
Not taking anything away from the Redhounds but...... If it was at a neutral site Beechwood probably beats Corbin. Every penalty took 2-3 minutes to make a ruling. On several blatant/obvious calls, the flag was waived off after Corbin's coach joined the official's huddle and added his two cents. The late hit on the Beechwood's 4th down stand was a complete "joke", which led to a Corbin touchdown, which was the difference in the game. It was so comical, players and coaches from a local high school were telling the Beechwood fans, "Welcome to Corbin! Good Luck playing against them and the refs!"
Best of Luck to Corbin. I am sure you will have no problems winning at home! Confusednicker:

The irony on this board is comical. Last years game at BW was nothing short of robbery. But hey if it fits your narrative right? Neural sight beechwood would have won hahahaha. I guess we made your players false start all those times as well. Corbin was better than BW this year. Nothing else to it.
The Truth Sayer Wrote:Beechwood game was never in doubt? Only reason close was because of a semi cheap one late in the game? What game were you watching?

You must be talking about the late hit that took our stud receiver out and that is still out, yeah that’s a joke. As far as others you must be new to the site because any thread that says Corbin you have several chirping in to talk about how they got cheated or we recruited there kids when in all actuality it’s because they couldn’t play with them or there little Johnny can’t. That was probably the ones in the stands saying all that, the only reason they were there to begin with is because they was hoping Beechwood could do something they can’t. #gohounds
I'll mention a couple on our team. Starting with the Hogs up front. Ethan Wolford and Dagen Rash are one of the best Center/Guard combos in 3A and maybe the state. I'm hearing Rash may commit to Army soon and Wolford has a couple offers on the table and also was offered as a Sophomore. At RB, although just a Sophomore, Issac Dixon is a beast! You just have to watch his film to understand. Grayson Cook at DE/LB is a player. He has the frame, speed, and size to play at the next level. Ben Bentley, Junior DB/RB, is just an all around athlete on both sides of the ball. I'm hearing University of Virginia has took some serious interest in him lately. Theres a couple more that if they can get and stay healthy could really turn some heads.
I'm seeing alot of negative chatter about Corbin on here. I disagree with it. IMO, Corbin is one of the toughest teams in 3A. I've been really high on the Hounds this year and I honestly believe their one of the very few teams, maybe only 3 or 4, that has a legit shot at winning the championship. Every team, for the most part, only have maybe 2-3 really good teams on their schedule. Teams like Corbin, Belfry, and Boyle cant help it if their districts are weak. They have no choice but to play district teams. Not saying that they are, I know Belfrys is, but just saying. You can only beat who's in front of you.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:You must be talking about the late hit that took our stud receiver out and that is still out, yeah that’s a joke. As far as others you must be new to the site because any thread that says Corbin you have several chirping in to talk about how they got cheated or we recruited there kids when in all actuality it’s because they couldn’t play with them or there little Johnny can’t. That was probably the ones in the stands saying all that, the only reason they were there to begin with is because they was hoping Beechwood could do something they can’t. #gohounds

Please stop, we have been down this road already. Your stud receiver was hurt on a diving catch down your sideline and the Beechwood player trying to make a play fell on top of him.
The penalty in the endzone on 4th down was a hit on #84, who never missed a play in the game.
This was discussed in the game thread. Corbin won the game, move on and stop talking about how Beechwood ended your studs season, he wasn't even involved in the play in the end zone.
A neutral site enables Beechwood to suddenly complete passes? If is a word used to often to make someone feel better about a fact they dislike.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:Please stop, we have been down this road already. Your stud receiver was hurt on a diving catch down your sideline and the Beechwood player trying to make a play fell on top of him.
The penalty in the endzone on 4th down was a hit on #84, who never missed a play in the game.
This was discussed in the game thread. Corbin won the game, move on and stop talking about how Beechwood ended your studs season, he wasn't even involved in the play in the end zone.

I didn't think the shot was that cheap. No Corbin hate in that statement. It was an old school play, and they rightly threw the penalty flag. A Corbin player did the same thing to one of our receivers, the exact same thing, and fans went ballistic saying "This is football", but the flag was rightfully thrown. No one is innocent of bias, no one.
#55PirateFan Wrote:I'm seeing alot of negative chatter about Corbin on here. I disagree with it. IMO, Corbin is one of the toughest teams in 3A. I've been really high on the Hounds this year and I honestly believe their one of the very few teams, maybe only 3 or 4, that has a legit shot at winning the championship. Every team, for the most part, only have maybe 2-3 really good teams on their schedule. Teams like Corbin, Belfry, and Boyle cant help it if their districts are weak. They have no choice but to play district teams. Not saying that they are, I know Belfrys is, but just saying. You can only beat who's in front of you.

Ah we’re used to the hate. It’s pretty much, “if you can’t beat us, hate on us around here” haha.

But you’re right about belfry. I’ve been watching a lot film in my spare time. Finally made it to belfrys offense. The movement the center and guard get on the defensive line is amazing. They seal their blocks VERY well which you don’t see a lot anymore. Most kids just try to put a body on them. Not those two! They’ve also got some decent speed for Olineman. Not to mention the strength and how smart they play. Centers don’t isually get many penalties but guards do. Not seen a lot from him in that regard. Good luck to your kids.
I was in attendance for that game and was not a cheap shot at all. Great catch and came on his shoulder. I’m not a fan of Redhounds, but they are competitive. I played against Beechwood in high school and have all the respect for that great program.
Back to topic:
Landon QB from Bell is the player that I would choose to be the best athlete in our region! He also has had the biggest impact on his team.
All State material: just a bunch of good high school players with no D1 offers.
From the input in this thread it looks like 5 or 6 teams will be providing all the players for all state. The other 200 teams in the state must really suck.