Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Any "shoe-ins" for top player/players in each Class? First team All-state names, etc.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
3A the best player I think I've seen with my own eyes is definitely Estep. Lord if I am adding a fullback into a 3A team I may have to go with Bell's kid though. I have not got to see Boyle play this year, thus far, nor Belfry, or Central. If we get put out of the playoff by Powell, or Corbin, either one, I'm sure we'll take a trip up to Louisville and check out Central before the championship. That will give me a good idea on if they have a 3A top talent (I'm sure they do). Their running back from last year would have been one kid I picked on my team. Small guy who ran like he was Christian Okoye! I will see Skidmore firsthand this coming Friday, to judge him. We have a good running back ourselves but I want to compare him to some of the other top backs in 3A. So far I don't think I'd trade him for anyone, other than when we scrimmaged Wayndale Robinson back in early summer. :-) That kid is the best back, hands down, that I have saw this year.
The best WR I've saw was from Campbellsville, a junior. And then probably the best offensive line I've saw was Beechwood, watching them play Corbin. Those guys gave the Beechwood QB about 8 seconds to throw the ball!
Yea I’d def have to put Estep in there. Kids a player. He won’t get it but out defensive end is nasty as well.

Belfry has several too. A good Oline kid. Can’t remember his name. Dixon is a competitor too.

Bell county’s QB is also a player

Boyle has a couple too. Bartleson on the running back. The big kid that plays on the Dline kelly maybe? Not sure if his name. The WR Smith. The other kid Colwick is also a kid that doesn’t get enough attention. Kid is a playmaker.

I’d hate to be on that committee now days. So many great kids, I don’t know how they decide between them.
I would say Robinson from Western Hill, Spurrier from South Warren, Tanner Bowles Glasgow, Reece Smith from Boyle, Bryan Hudson Scott Co, Jacob Lacey South Warren, Milton Wright CAL to name a few
Rip/Spin Wrote:I would say Robinson from Western Hill, Spurrier from South Warren, Tanner Bowles Glasgow, Reece Smith from Boyle, Bryan Hudson Scott Co, Jacob Lacey South Warren, Milton Wright CAL to name a few

Yeah, Robinson for sure. Spurrier would for sure have to be in the conversation.
Hound05 Wrote:Yea I’d def have to put Estep in there. Kids a player. He won’t get it but out defensive end is nasty as well.

Belfry has several too. A good Oline kid. Can’t remember his name. Dixon is a competitor too.

Boyle has a couple too. Bartleson on the running back. The big kid that plays on the Dline kelly maybe? Not sure if his name. The WR Smith. The other kid Colwick is also a kid that doesn’t get enough attention. Kid is a playmaker.

I’d hate to be on that committee now days. So many great kids, I don’t know how they decide between them.
Do you know your top lifter's numbers on weights? The reason I ask is I heard the Boyle kid benches over 400, squats over 600 and Chuck Smith says he's the strongest high-school player he's ever coached. That last statement in itself is impressive. I know Smith has coached some great ones.
Westside Wrote:Yeah, Robinson for sure. Spurrier would for sure have to be in the conversation.

I'm going to have to find film on him. I know Bartleson for Boyle is definitely right up there with the best. Crazy how much talent, D1 talent alone is in 3A football.
Hound05 Wrote:Yea I’d def have to put Estep in there. Kids a player. He won’t get it but out defensive end is nasty as well.

Yes, Wine? My 150 pound son had to try and block him the past 2 years! He's legit good. Best we've seen at D end, by a long shot.
Boyle has several kids that are killing it and having career, breakout or record breaking years:

Smith - WR/S
Kelly - DL/OL
Lanter - QB
Bartleson - RB/CB
Colwick - WR
Roller - LB
Hatter - DL
Stephens - OL
Shepperson - WR

WanDale is the best player in KY Football.

Others across the state who are good in 3A:

Cook - Belfry
Rash - Belfry
Dixon - Belfry
Wolford - Belfry
Allen - LexCath
Schnur - LexCath
Vaughn - LexCath
Estep - Corbin
Jaggers - Caldwell Co

*Have not seen Central play.

Corbin kid has played vs 2 actual teams, Beechwood and Mayfield. 1-1 vs them and should have lost the beechwood game. The pansey dist corbin plays should help a middle school kid look good, not to mention the pansey region corbin is in and it could make a girls powder puff team look good

i guess anyone could run around and throw over jackson, mccrearry, whitley, casey, not to mentuon a very bad danvile team this yr

keep tootin ur own horns as its expected from you homers who has as many state championships as lynn camp and whitley since 1981 (0)
Shots fired! 😳😂
Corbin Coaches were at the Boyle Co vs Mercer Co game last Thursday. Would love to have heard the conversation on the way back home. I wonder how many Rebels they'd say should be in this conversation? Lol
Junior receiver for LCA Dee Smith is a stud in 2a
2face Wrote:Corbin kid has played vs 2 actual teams, Beechwood and Mayfield. 1-1 vs them and should have lost the beechwood game. The pansey dist corbin plays should help a middle school kid look good, not to mention the pansey region corbin is in and it could make a girls powder puff team look good

i guess anyone could run around and throw over jackson, mccrearry, whitley, casey, not to mentuon a very bad danvile team this yr

keep tootin ur own horns as its expected from you homers who has as many state championships as lynn camp and whitley since 1981 (0)

You failed to include a good Pulaski, Knox and bell. Not going to debate with you but he can’t help who they play in district, Casey is no slouch either have a few really good looking players.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:You failed to include a good Pulaski, Knox and bell. Not going to debate with you but he can’t help who they play in district, Casey is no slouch either have a few really good looking players.

Iv seen some good looking players too that cant play

as much as you corbin people bash bell, dont include them as good, pulaski wasnt that good erly, knox was in mud and rain so wont never now who was truly best
2face Wrote:Corbin kid has played vs 2 actual teams, Beechwood and Mayfield. 1-1 vs them and should have lost the beechwood game. The pansey dist corbin plays should help a middle school kid look good, not to mention the pansey region corbin is in and it could make a girls powder puff team look good

Actually Corbin's last state title was in 1982. :Thumbs:
2face Wrote:Iv seen some good looking players too that cant play

as much as you corbin people bash bell, dont include them as good, pulaski wasnt that good erly, knox was in mud and rain so wont never now who was truly best

So what your saying the mud was there for only Knox but not Corbin they played on the dry end that statement really don’t make any since. No doubt Corbin was the best that night and now that is a fact not my opinion.

Dude take your crap somewhere else. Nobody wants to hear it. Name another 3A team that’s played a much harder schedule. Because the numbers don’t lie. Sorry Corbin didn’t want you.
Patriot1 Wrote:So what your saying the mud was there for only Knox but not Corbin they played on the dry end that statement really don’t make any since. No doubt Corbin was the best that night and now that is a fact not my opinion.

Hahaha. It’s pretty sound logic. They rolled out carpet when we were on offense.
Hound05 Wrote:Hahaha. It’s pretty sound logic. They rolled out carpet when we were on offense.

or felt like it was owed to u since u all think ur royalty
smoke1015 Wrote:Do you know your top lifter's numbers on weights? The reason I ask is I heard the Boyle kid benches over 400, squats over 600 and Chuck Smith says he's the strongest high-school player he's ever coached. That last statement in itself is impressive. I know Smith has coached some great ones.

No I don’t know off the top of my head. I could find out. I do know haddix has stated this is his strongest team here that hes has as far as weights go overall.

But yea Wine is a beast. He’ll def get some D1 looks with his size and skill. He’s a good kid too. Which I’m sure most of these kids named are.
2face Wrote:or felt like it was owed to u since u all think ur royalty

Someone needs a hug. Or a kit kat. But I am royalty. 6th grade homecoming KING.
The Stinson kid from mayfield will be on it. Kid has some WHEELS!!

Also I went back and watched the Ballard game vs Boyle. Ballard had a lineman. I can’t remember his name but the kid looked like a man out there. Played pretty well too. Anyone know who he is or how he’s done this season?
Belfry’s Dagen Rash should be selected to the All State team. I’ve heard he will be in attendance at the Army vs Air Force game Saturday and he will commit to the Black Knights! This kid is a stud on the field and evidently in the classroom as well, West Point only takes the sharp minded folk!
COACHITALL Wrote:Belfry’s Dagen Rash should be selected to the All State team. I’ve heard he will be in attendance at the Army vs Air Force game Saturday and he will commit to the Black Knights! This kid is a stud on the field and evidently in the classroom as well, West Point only takes the sharp minded folk!

What posistion does he play? That might have been who I was thinking of. OL?
Dagen Rash plays OG
COACHITALL Wrote:Dagen Rash plays OG

Yep that’s who I was thinking of. Looks good on film. Doesn’t make stupid mistakes and plays towards his strengths. Which are quite a few. Good to see he’s got a good head on his shoulders as well. Belfry also has a pretty good center too, at least to me.
Yes Ethan Wolford is very good as well, great kid also. Belfry has some studs for sure

That's a 100% secondhand comment about the Beechwood game, and several other uninformed points. The Beechwood game was never in doubt, really, as they could barely move the ball, and the only reason it was a 1 score (or was it still 2, I forget...) was the fact Beechwood got a semi cheap one very late. Corbin's best WR made one of the better catches I've saw this year in the 2nd quarter (I think), and was out of the game after that. I'm not sure what game you were watching. Casey is a top 10 team in 3A, Whitley is fairly solid, Mayfield is great this year, wasn't their an out of state team that was really good? Corbin's non district schedule is tough. Corbin's district schedule is solid, with Bell, and Casey, no matter how much folks aren't paying attention.
Hound05 Wrote:No I don’t know off the top of my head. I could find out. I do know haddix has stated this is his strongest team here that hes has as far as weights go overall.

But yea Wine is a beast. He’ll def get some D1 looks with his size and skill. He’s a good kid too. Which I’m sure most of these kids named are.

I hope he goes D1. That will make my son feel better when he watches his old game film 15 or 20 years from now. Folks that don't play don't understand, stuff like that is something kids can be proud of, even in a loss. If I ever beat a D1 player, even one single play, I'd have been showing my kids and grandkids every time they come to my house! ha
Pages: 1 2