Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3A Corbin @ 4A Knox Central 10/26
I know a couple of the coaches at Corbin and I bet they are dog shit crazy this week intense! One coach on that staff is one of the most competitive guys I’ve every watch coach or play.
Any status on our injuries?
Corbin by a lot.
This week will be a good test for the Corbin secondary as Knox has a good QB and some good receivers. They may be able to expose some areas in Corbin's coverages that need to be addressed going forward.
Rain is in the forecast for this game I think that will hurt KC more than Corbin
KY Wildman Wrote:Rain is in the forecast for this game I think that will hurt KC more than Corbin

Well I saw this. Corbin has plenty of experience passing in the rain now. I won’t say it’ll hurt either team more than the other. They both pass a lot
^^say**
This game means more than people think. On top of bragging rights, it’s as close as you can get to a district game. It’ll be one next season. May as well make it known now how it’ll go for the next few years. I do think Corbin will rest those they can if they have a competent replacement. That said, they’ll be playing to win and get the clock running as early as possible if possible.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:This game means more than people think. On top of bragging rights, it’s as close as you can get to a district game. It’ll be one next season. May as well make it known now how it’ll go for the next few years. I do think Corbin will rest those they can if they have a competent replacement. That said, they’ll be playing to win and get the clock running as early as possible if possible.
That would be ideal. Get an early lead and cruise with the 1’s and maybe 2’s resting
Corbin will not run the clock. Knox has a good football team. They are dangerous at their skill positions and will be a huge test for Corbin's weak secondary. Upfront Knox is big on the oline. Corbin's undersized dline will have to come ready to play. With that said Knox defensively isn't as good as Corbin has faced. CHS 35 KCHS 28
Seky Wrote:Corbin will not run the clock. Knox has a good football team. They are dangerous at their skill positions and will be a huge test for Corbin's weak secondary. Upfront Knox is big on the oline. Corbin's undersized dline will have to come ready to play. With that said Knox defensively isn't as good as Corbin has faced. CHS 35 KCHS 28

The game I watched Corbin play against Beechwood, the last thing I would say was Corbin's secondary was weak. The secondary is the reason the D-line had some success in getting to the QB. I hope it's a good game and I don't care who wins. Knox Central has improved a ton and I wish them the best at keeping the 3A sack leader out of the backfield. Good luck to both teams and I hope it's an injury free game!
Corbin 38-14
Corbin by 14
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Seky Wrote:Corbin will not run the clock. Knox has a good football team. They are dangerous at their skill positions and will be a huge test for Corbin's weak secondary. Upfront Knox is big on the oline. Corbin's undersized dline will have to come ready to play. With that said Knox defensively isn't as good as Corbin has faced. CHS 35 KCHS 28
Weak secondary? Ughhhhh. You do know that is one of this teams strengths right? The Dline isn’t really undersized by any means. Not our strongest suit but not weak either. But you’re wayyyy off on that secondary. But that’s fine man, everyone can and has a voice here
All depends if Corbin comes ready to play in the first half.

Corbin +28
Knox may win this one since the game means nothing to Corbin or their supporters. Knox by 6

Sure guy whatever you say :eyeroll: there’s always basketball season to look forward to after the wheels come off Friday night..
Xerxes Wrote:Knox may win this one since the game means nothing to Corbin or their supporters. Knox by 6

Don’t hold your breath we gonna spank that ass again!!!:lmao:
Xerxes Wrote:Knox may win this one since the game means nothing to Corbin or their supporters. Knox by 6

I won’t say it means nothing. But it does mean very little. If it came down to us being 100% healthy and rested going into the playoffs or bragging rights, well..... you can have them
I’ve watched Corbin play all year and am a fan. I would never say their secondary is their strong suit. It has always been Corbin’s Achilles heel.

Corbin has been getting burnt by the pass since I was a kid.

I honestly worry how our secondary will do against a skilled/athletic group.
You’ve watched Corbin play all year and think our weakness is the secondary? I think Danville, beechwood, Pulaski, Casey and anynother passing team aside from MF would disagree
Our weakness is the O line in my opinion. I would say our secondary and LBs are as good as they get and still have room to improve. We jus gotta get healthy and we will be ok. Def a top team in the class with Belfry and Boyle.
Don’t forget Central, could be a fly in ointment so to speak.
I'll take Corbin.
Well I’ll say this. In light of new info I received today. I wouldn’t have a problem if they rested everyone and started the JV. I don’t care if KC put a clock on us. We need rest and health more than we need bragging rights with some team that’s not even in our class.
Heard Knox went and got them one from Middlesboro and gave his family a coaching job. Also hearing he’s eligible tonight after playing for the Boro last Friday, KHSAA always doing a well job.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Heard Knox went and got them one from Middlesboro and gave his family a coaching job. Also hearing he’s eligible tonight after playing for the Boro last Friday, KHSAA always doing a well job.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Yeaaaaaaaaaa...........
I don’t even think you believe that. Maybe we should ask the Mayfield people what the IMTU has to say about it
He played in freshmen game last night, which is ok while still ineligible for varsity. May not get eligible this year but is one of the best freshmen around. Yes , as good as Longmire. If that is correct spelling?
NextGeneration Wrote:He played in freshmen game last night, which is ok while still ineligible for varsity. May not get eligible this year but is one of the best freshmen around. Yes , as good as Longmire. If that is correct spelling?

Hearing he is eligible for tonights game. Kid is good, not as good as Longmire but a good player.