Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 3A Corbin @ 4A Knox Central 10/26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thoughts and Predictions Confusedmoke:

Corbin 8-1
Knox Central 8-2

Corbin only loss
Mayfield 9-0

Corbin big wins
Beechwood 7-2
Pulaski County 7-2
Bell County 8-1

Knox Central 2 losses
Alcoa,Tenn 8-0 100% guessing
Franklin County 7-2

Knox Central big wins
Wayne County 6-3
Harlan County 3-5
:biglmao: Granny Bear or Pulp Fiction please correct date on posts :beg::beg:
Corbin 28 to 21 Knox Central
64SUR Wrote::biglmao: Granny Bear or Pulp Fiction please correct date on posts :beg::beg:

Done!!
Qb Stats

Corbin Qb Chase Estep 2103 yd passing 28Td 4Int 375 yd rushing 7Td
Knox. Qb Brady Worley 1970 yd passing 21Td 8Int 167 yd rushing 2Td
Hounds by 10
Granny Bear Wrote:Done!!

You are good now come over an clean my house thinking about voting for a republican in Mayfield :pondering:
Corbin by 14+. I’m guessing several starters will be resting the next few weeks.
If this game was @ Corbin it would be another score or two more in favor of the Redhounds. 🙏🏼 for injury free game and goodluck to both teams.
Corbin by 7
This one is made for wymt get your money out Knox people and make this happened. Knox is loaded to make a big run in 4A ................Wait Corbin is loaded also get your money out Corbin people and make this happened also, Confusederiously: I will be watching this one from the track side. :Cheerlead

Don’t want to give my prediction away right now let’s get wymt on board first :popcorn:
I wouldn’t put nearly as much emphasis on this game. What’s it matter? Non district and if you haven’t played a good team by this time, it’s not gonna help. Bragging rights and injury are all that can come from it. Rest the ones that are beat up an play for a deep run in the playoffs.
Hounds... Big....
If my memory is correct, often its not, these 2 schools have a mutual hate for each other. Corbin wins by 21
Corbin 42
Knox Central 21

My last posts on this thread the rest of the week. Go Hounds :Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:Corbin 42
Knox Central 21

My last posts on this thread the rest of the week. Go Hounds :Cheerlead

I see alot of close predictions on this game but I'm leaning more toward your way of thinking 64. Hounds way to much for Knox, IMO. 49-17 Corbin.
bcpc Wrote:I wouldn’t put nearly as much emphasis on this game. What’s it matter? Non district and if you haven’t played a good team by this time, it’s not gonna help. Bragging rights and injury are all that can come from it. Rest the ones that are beat up an play for a deep run in the playoffs.

All games are important. This will be the last week for a few teams to get any competition in for 3 weeks.
:betterthanexpected:
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:If my memory is correct, often its not, these 2 schools have a mutual hate for each other. Corbin wins by 21

There is definitely no love lost between these two.
This series has been a little predictable over past few years. But every once in a while there is a big upset. If either team is looking past this game and looking to the playoffs. That will be the one who gets caught off guard. As far as resting players dont look for that to happen. To much pride involved to rest anyone. If it's a close game KC wins but if it's a blowout Hounds will win.
I think it all depends on how the Coaches want to approach this game. I’m sure both want to win. But both have bigger goals than winning a non district game before the playoffs with more down side risks than upside benefits.
This game doesn’t mean crap rest starters and make a run, play them get someone hurt and watch all the kids hard work get erased. Rather be healthy week two of playoffs than even give this game a second thought. A loss here doesn’t define a program, a state championship will.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:This game doesn’t mean crap rest starters and make a run, play them get someone hurt and watch all the kids hard work get erased. Rather be healthy week two of playoffs than even give this game a second thought. A loss here doesn’t define a program, a state championship will.
I’m with ya. I don’t care enough about this game to risk my goals for the team. Knox may feel different I dunno. The pros don’t outweigh the cons for me. But I’m not a coach.
panther nation Wrote:This series has been a little predictable over past few years. But every once in a while there is a big upset. If either team is looking past this game and looking to the playoffs. That will be the one who gets caught off guard. As far as resting players dont look for that to happen. To much pride involved to rest anyone. If it's a close game KC wins but if it's a blowout Hounds will win.

I agree with ya that if it’s a blowout it would be the hounds. But I don’t understand your reasoning on a close game. We’ve had several closer games with better teams and have come out ahead in all of them. I think a close game advantage goes to the hounds as well. But I don’t see it being close nor a blowout. I think we win by 21 or something around it
Hound05 Wrote:I’m with ya. I don’t care enough about this game to risk my goals for the team. Knox may feel different I dunno. The pros don’t outweigh the cons for me. But I’m not a coach.

I am not a coach either, I would do two weeks of intense strength and conditioning. Even more throwing, catching, blocking assignments, and use these next two weeks to dial everyone back in and focused for what’s to come. #unfinishedbusiness
Knox by 3, It means something. Dial things in against the weak region in the first round where JV plays after half.
WhyLie Wrote:Knox by 3, It means something. Dial things in against the weak region in the first round where JV plays after half.

I am not going to argue with you by no means, I wish Knox and all there faithful the best of luck. I hope Lynn camp wins 1a, Corbin 3a, and Knox 4a. I think a lot of Blevin and Big Tucker, my son played with them and against them many years on the diamond. Just like our current senior class your senior class have a chance to make a good run in the playoffs, if you all want to play starters that’s cool but to me I hope Haddix sets each and everyone of them because I can’t see one thing we can gain in this game. I don’t believe in foolish pride cause it’s not worth anything the last time I checked, but the memories that are gained by accomplishing something special is priceless. We don’t have a tough game first round of playoffs so I hope ours just plays enough to win next week, but they focus more on getting the bugs worked out the next two weeks Monday thru Thursday and really focus on strength training and conditioning. It will help more week 15 than to say we beat Knox again and I mean that with all do respect. 14 or fifteen weeks of football on a young body takes it hold on them and I know last year with my sons that all the time they spent in the gym helped in there success more than most realize. Best wishes
Corbin 35
Knox Central 21
Knox has had a really good season, but they are not on Corbin's level this year IMO. I'm going to say:

Corbin 42
Knox 21
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:I am not going to argue with you by no means, I wish Knox and all there faithful the best of luck. I hope Lynn camp wins 1a, Corbin 3a, and Knox 4a. I think a lot of Blevin and Big Tucker, my son played with them and against them many years on the diamond. Just like our current senior class your senior class have a chance to make a good run in the playoffs, if you all want to play starters that’s cool but to me I hope Haddix sets each and everyone of them because I can’t see one thing we can gain in this game. I don’t believe in foolish pride cause it’s not worth anything the last time I checked, but the memories that are gained by accomplishing something special is priceless. We don’t have a tough game first round of playoffs so I hope ours just plays enough to win next week, but they focus more on getting the bugs worked out the next two weeks Monday thru Thursday and really focus on strength training and conditioning. It will help more week 15 than to say we beat Knox again and I mean that with all do respect. 14 or fifteen weeks of football on a young body takes it hold on them and I know last year with my sons that all the time they spent in the gym helped in there success more than most realize. Best wishes

I can promise you one thing Haddix isn't thinking that way. Momentum is big in playoffs. I am sure he has taking pride in 1 game at a time and will prepare the very same for this one and expect the same and more from his players. You guys watch way to much NFL.
WhyLie Wrote:I can promise you one thing Haddix isn't thinking that way. Momentum is big in playoffs. I am sure he has taking pride in 1 game at a time and will prepare the very same for this one and expect the same and more from his players. You guys watch way to much NFL.

No don’t watch the nfl. Haddix may very well be, I don’t know but this is a discussion board for fans and I simply stated my opinion. But this game means not one thing, next year when we are in same district you will get to see the hounds in full force I can promise that.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:No don’t watch the nfl. Haddix may very well be, I don’t know but this is a discussion board for fans and I simply stated my opinion. But this game means not one thing, next year when we are in same district you will get to see the hounds in full force I can promise that.

He’s probably right about in a ways. Haddix is a winner. He instills it in the kids. I don’t know if he would put a team on the field to just go through the motions. But at the same time, this game means nothing to him in the grand scheme of things I’d say. I don’t know what hell do. But I know what I’d do.
Pages: 1 2 3