Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 36 Cabell Midland (WV) 28
COACHITALL Wrote:I am in agreement with you on Hensley! I think Coleman has been our ALL AROUND best asset this season and he should be our guy at FB the remainder of the season. Brett has played QB, FB, and S and played all 3 fairly well. Coleman is our best defensive player and he has flat out punished folks. Hensley is a very good FB but I believe he’s been out too long.

Coleman has definitely been the single biggest surprise of this season👍🏼 He’s been very solid and productive on both sides. While I’m not sure he’s been our best defensive player....he’s definitwly in the top 3. 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
Belfry will be hitting all cylinders come mid-November.
COACHITALL Wrote:I am in agreement with you on Hensley! I think Coleman has been our ALL AROUND best asset this season and he should be our guy at FB the remainder of the season. Brett has played QB, FB, and S and played all 3 fairly well. Coleman is our best defensive player and he has flat out punished folks. Hensley is a very good FB but I believe he’s been out too long.

Absolutely agree brother. Brett has earned the right to stay in the lineup, impressively earned the right I might add! I like Hensley, good football player, but he's missed about the entire season. Brett Coleman should stay at FB. Let Hensley stay on the sideline and continue to heal and get ready for next season. I know a player doesnt like to hear that but it's best for both sides, on offense at least. I'm like Outlaw, Coleman's a really good defensive player but I dont think hes the best. Cook has been killing people all year to and Ben Bentley has been right up there at the top as one of our top defensive players, and toughest and Dixon as well. So it would be hard, for me at least, to say that Brett's better than those guys. We need to get Brad Lowe back to. If nothing else get him back on special teams snapping. My boy has done the best he can do but he's not cutting it on extra points. Nobody else wants to say it so I will, Lol! He's good on punt snap but not extra points. Dont make a damn bit of sense to me but that's just how it is. And undoubtedly he's the best option we have other than Lowe or somebody else would be in there. We're going to need those extra points come November. Here's a thought for you to think about. What about instead of putting Hensley at FB when he is ready to come back we put him on defense somewhere? The kid is lightning fast and he can only make us better on D. I think a move like that would change our entire image on defense and maybe put us where we need to be. That question is for you to OutlawJosieWales and bucslover68. What do you guys think or am I way out of the box?
Hensley is more of what we already have on D, small undersized speed guys. We need meat and strength with decent speed up front! Other than Baisden our Dlinemen get pushed around too easy,
Coleman leads our team in tackles and is by far our best hitter, kinda hard to put him in any other position than best. Cook and Bentley are definitely right behind him and Dixon, Baisden, Barker, and Fields not far behind those guys. There must be something special in that #10 jersey and laying the smack down! Dixon, Catron, and now Coleman
COACHITALL Wrote:Hensley is more of what we already have on D, small undersized speed guys. We need meat and strength with decent speed up front! Other than Baisden our Dlinemen get pushed around too easy,

That's kinda my point. If we're not going to add more meat up front, and it doesnt look like we are, then add more speed. At least we can catch them when they break through the defensive front. Hensley would absolutely be an asset on defense. He's an athlete. And he's to good of a football player to just leave on the bench. We might not be big but we'd be one of the fastest defenses in the state.
COACHITALL Wrote:Coleman leads our team in tackles and is by far our best hitter, kinda hard to put him in any other position than best. Cook and Bentley are definitely right behind him and Dixon, Baisden, Barker, and Fields not far behind those guys. There must be something special in that #10 jersey and laying the smack down! Dixon, Catron, and now Coleman

Agree to disagree I guess. About every hit Grayson Cook makes is a highlight. Coleman may be leading in tackles but I think Cook is more valuable to the team at his position. You take Cook out and we're hurting. Take Brett out and we do have players we can put in to somewhat hold their own and get us through. Dont get me wrong, I love Brett Coleman, he's a stud. I just see it different. I think theres more to being labeled the best defensive player on the team than tackles. It's also how valuable you are to the team at your position. And losing Cook would be a massive and devastating blow to our defensive. Coleman not so much.
Cook is our MVP, Coleman is our best asset this year. Let’s just agree that both are good and we are lucky to have them healthy
COACHITALL Wrote:Cook is our MVP, Coleman is our best asset this year. Let’s just agree that both are good and we are lucky to have them healthy

That's a fact Pal. I will say this, I do believe our D is just about ready to be good, if not great, soon. There was just something about the way they played that bruiser against Cabell that got me thinking about just how good they did play. After watching the film, other than the couple missed tackles and the lapse at the end, they played solid. I think their about to get there. If they do, watch out. Our Offense can score with anybody. Throw in some defense and we'll be dangerous as a loaded gun!
#55PirateFan Wrote:Absolutely agree brother. Brett has earned the right to stay in the lineup, impressively earned the right I might add! I like Hensley, good football player, but he's missed about the entire season. Brett Coleman should stay at FB. Let Hensley stay on the sideline and continue to heal and get ready for next season. I know a player doesnt like to hear that but it's best for both sides, on offense at least. I'm like Outlaw, Coleman's a really good defensive player but I dont think hes the best. Cook has been killing people all year to and Ben Bentley has been right up there at the top as one of our top defensive players, and toughest and Dixon as well. So it would be hard, for me at least, to say that Brett's better than those guys. We need to get Brad Lowe back to. If nothing else get him back on special teams snapping. My boy has done the best he can do but he's not cutting it on extra points. Nobody else wants to say it so I will, Lol! He's good on punt snap but not extra points. Dont make a damn bit of sense to me but that's just how it is. And undoubtedly he's the best option we have other than Lowe or somebody else would be in there. We're going to need those extra points come November. Here's a thought for you to think about. What about instead of putting Hensley at FB when he is ready to come back we put him on defense somewhere? The kid is lightning fast and he can only make us better on D. I think a move like that would change our entire image on defense and maybe put us where we need to be. That question is for you to OutlawJosieWales and bucslover68. What do you guys think or am I way out of the box?

👍🏼👍🏼 Moving Hensley to defense is an interesting proposition. However....he’s had an offensive mentality since hitting the HS. Changing that mindset may be difficult on such a short turn. In his heart, he’s a RB....who’s had the misfortune of an unusual injury. Going forward into next season, IMO Hensley gets moved to the wing and Coleman stays at FB. That s predicated on Canterbury being able to take over the QB reins. If Hensley does return this season....i just don’t know if mentally he can flip the switch to the defensive side. He definitely has the skills to help , as he’s a very instinctual player. But only time and potential opportunity will tell. 👍🏼🅱️🅱️
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:👍🏼👍🏼 Moving Hensley to defense is an interesting proposition. However....he’s had an offensive mentality since hitting the HS. Changing that mindset may be difficult on such a short turn. In his heart, he’s a RB....who’s had the misfortune of an unusual injury. Going forward into next season, IMO Hensley gets moved to the wing and Coleman stays at FB. That s predicated on Canterbury being able to take over the QB reins. If Hensley does return this season....i just don’t know if mentally he can flip the switch to the defensive side. He definitely has the skills to help , as he’s a very instinctual player. But only time and potential opportunity will tell. 👍🏼🅱️🅱️
Hard for me to see it any other way next year than Coleman QB Hensley FB Dixon and Bentley RBs.... Canterbury is no where near ready to take on that task
COACHITALL Wrote:Hard for me to see it any other way next year than Coleman QB Hensley FB Dixon and Bentley RBs.... Canterbury is no where near ready to take on that task

I agree. I dont think there's any other option at QB next year than Coleman. The kid proved himself to me when he was thrown into the fire against a powerhouse Huntington High team and held his own. Only other true option I see is Mounts and I dont think that will happen. That's when Hensley will once again move into the FB spot with Dixon and Bentley at the RB positions. Thats a strong backfield!
#55PirateFan Wrote:I agree. I dont think there's any other option at QB next year than Coleman. The kid proved himself to me when he was thrown into the fire against a powerhouse Huntington High team and held his own. Only other true option I see is Mounts and I dont think that will happen. That's when Hensley will once again move into the FB spot with Dixon and Bentley at the RB positions. Thats a strong backfield!

Don't get me wrong....I like him at QB. He's just been very impressive at FB. And, with the fact that our O-Line is gonna have to be rebuilt to an extent....as important as the FB is in our offense....I can see scenarios where Coleman stays there. Just pure speculation at this juncture