Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 36 Cabell Midland (WV) 28
Final
billsizemore63 Wrote:Final

A win is a win bit the Pirates have some work to do before the playoffs gets too serious.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

If we dont tighten up on defense, we're done!
Congratulations Pirates!!!
This sounded like one of those games where the score sounded closer than the game actually was.
Overall great win. Midland never quit and got a little closer at the end than they should have. D played pretty good overall but you have to tackle. O had only one turnover and only 1 punt. Belfry needed a game where they were pushed some and they got it. Good win and keep on trucking to LC.
Congratulations to the Pirates on their win, personally I thought they played pretty good the first 3 quarters. The tackling lack some but they where making the hits but not locking up and finishing
Way ta go belfry
Congratulations Belfry TongueirateSho Big win
Congrats to Belfry. This is a big win.
I thought our D played decent, they were always there to make initial contact at the LOS or behind it. WE JUST DON’T WRAP UP! Mounts returning next week will be huge for us on D, but we still have issues to address. We needed that full game battle to get us playoff ready. CM was a pretty good team and the Vaughn brothers were very good. Back to work on Monday with some new faces in old places. Good job boys
Westside Wrote:This sounded like one of those games where the score sounded closer than the game actually was.

Yep. Game was close at 12-7. Belfry scored early in 3rd and went up 20-7. At that point, honestly game was never in doubt. However....Belfry’s defense continues to have issues. Tackling, D-Line and LB play must improve dramatically if they’re gonna make a serious push come November
Westside Wrote:This sounded like one of those games where the score sounded closer than the game actually was.

Yeah, Belfry was up 28-7 in the 3rd. Tackling and wrapping up is a big problem. Other than that and the one fumble, Belfry did what they wanted too offensively.

Good Win for the Pirates though against a quality opponent.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:Yeah, Belfry was up 28-7 in the 3rd. Tackling and wrapping up is a big problem. Other than that and the one fumble, Belfry did what they wanted too offensively.

Good Win for the Pirates though against a quality opponent.

Huge Problem!
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Yep. Game was close at 12-7. Belfry scored early in 3rd and went up 20-7. At that point, honestly game was never in doubt. However....Belfry’s defense continues to have issues. Tackling, D-Line and LB play must improve dramatically if they’re gonna make a serious push come November

Agree. We have the talent, more than enough, on defense. They just have to come together as a unit. If these kids ever play up to their potential on that side of the ball, get back to the simple fundamentals of playing defense, Belfry will absolutely be one of the most dangerous teams in the state, I really believe that. But if they don't then we're in serious trouble. We can't make a deep run in the playoffs, especially this year with the likes of Boyle, Corbin, Central, and maybe even Bell without a good defense. Just won't happen. Like I said, the talent is there. They just have to come together and believe in themselves. If they do, then I really believe we can beat any of the teams I mentioned above. We'll see.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Agree. We have the talent, more than enough, on defense. They just have to come together as a unit. If these kids ever play up to their potential on that side of the ball, get back to the simple fundamentals of playing defense, Belfry will absolutely be one of the most dangerous teams in the state, I really believe that. But if they don't then we're in serious trouble. We can't make a deep run in the playoffs, especially this year with the likes of Boyle, Corbin, Central, and maybe even Bell without a good defense. Just won't happen. Like I said, the talent is there. They just have to come together and believe in themselves. If they do, then I really believe we can beat any of the teams I mentioned above. We'll see.

Don’t forget Lex Carh my friend. Allen is the real deal at QB.....and when you’ve got an explosive, big play capable offense, anything can happen. A lot of work to do....and running out of time to get it done.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Don’t forget Lex Carh my friend. Allen is the real deal at QB.....and when you’ve got an explosive, big play capable offense, anything can happen. A lot of work to do....and running out of time to get it done.

You're exactly right Ol Man. I completely forgot about Lex.Cath. And yes, Beau Allen is the real deal at QB. Kids a baller! But even with Lex.Cath I still think we'll be the favorites in 3A next year.
#55PirateFan Wrote:You're exactly right Ol Man. I completely forgot about Lex.Cath. And yes, Beau Allen is the real deal at QB. Kids a baller! But even with Lex.Cath I still think we'll be the favorites in 3A next year.

Lex Cath, Boyle, Corbin and Central are all 4a next year. The main challengers IMO will be us and Ashland and CAL and DeSales. As far as this year, I hope we are healthy at some point and then I can judge us better. With Hensleu and Mounts out, and everyone forgets about Lowe being out too, it is tough to figure. I believe ultimately we will be a tough out, but it is a tough row to hoe for sure.
bucslover68 Wrote:Lex Cath, Boyle, Corbin and Central are all 4a next year. The main challengers IMO will be us and Ashland and CAL and DeSales. As far as this year, I hope we are healthy at some point and then I can judge us better. With Hensleu and Mounts out, and everyone forgets about Lowe being out too, it is tough to figure. I believe ultimately we will be a tough out, but it is a tough row to hoe for sure.

The injury bug has roosted on Pond Creek for the past few seasons. I had forgotten about Lowe being out as well. Big rangy kid, who can definitely help defensively. Unfortunately, im unsure if Hensley gets back this year....or at least in time to help. Slow healing process, and we all know how long it takes to get back in the groove, when one has been out an extended period of time
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:The injury bug has roosted on Pond Creek for the past few seasons. I had forgotten about Lowe being out as well. Big rangy kid, who can definitely help defensively. Unfortunately, im unsure if Hensley gets back this year....or at least in time to help. Slow healing process, and we all know how long it takes to get back in the groove, when one has been out an extended period of time
I am in agreement with you on Hensley! I think Coleman has been our ALL AROUND best asset this season and he should be our guy at FB the remainder of the season. Brett has played QB, FB, and S and played all 3 fairly well. Coleman is our best defensive player and he has flat out punished folks. Hensley is a very good FB but I believe he’s been out too long.
Better clean up tackling before Bell gets to town.
As bad as our defense has been at times, it’s still gonna take a damn good team to stop our offense and out score us if we are turnover free.
If you don't tackle well Bell will match you score for score if they are turnover free.
Bell doesn’t meet my criteria, I said damn good team
For whom the Bell tolls. Dudley is the new sheriff in town.
E's Army Wrote:Better clean up tackling before Bell gets to town.
Won’t be playing Bell unless there are a couple of upsets in the playoffs.
E's Army Wrote:Better clean up tackling before Bell gets to town.

Don’t worry about Bell until next year, worry about next game and getting better
Not that you asked but here's my take from the Boyle Co perspective in the possible Belfry vs District 4 games.

Belfry is a very good team that sounds by reading this thread that it has some holes in the defense. I've also read in the past that you guys are suspect in defending the pass. So here is what I'm thinking....

vs LexCath: the Knights are what they are. They throw the ball 80% of the time for two reasons. One because they can't run the ball and two because their QB is good. Their defense is not very good and can be exploited big time by your run game.

I would see the game going like this...Belfry controlling the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and scoring on nearly all of their possessions (don't turn the ball over). LC would definetly score points thru the air and would keep the game respectable.

vs Garrard Co they are poor mans version of the Pirates. They are well coached and ground and pound the LOS. They have very little speed however and rarely throw the ball. They play hard and will not give up.

vs Western Hills and Mr Football (gunna be) WanDale Robinson. He's a baaaad man and will "get his" vs your defense unless you REALLY button up that tackling and trust me when I tell you, THE KID IS THE BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER IN THE STATE. You will need to gameplan for him and be prepared for him to play multiple positions. Their defense is not very good.

vs Boyle Co This is a game that your turf actually hurts you. Belfry would need to be able to defend the pass as well as the run and matchup with well above average speed/athleticism across the board on both sides of the ball.

Boyle is built to stop the run and without much of a passing game you will need to not turn the ball over and execute at a high level to succeed moving the ball consistently.

Hope this helps with trying to figure out what is coming down the road. I'm pretty sure the Dist will finish like this:

1) Boyle Co
2.) LexCath
3.) Western Hills
4.) Garrard Co

Any thoughts on your District? TIA
Should be .....
1) Belfry
2) Lawrence
3) Pike Central
4) Floyd Central

I see the Boyle district winning three out of the four first round matchups.
E's Army Wrote:If you don't tackle well Bell will match you score for score if they are turnover free.

Unless I’m mistaken....we wouldn’t see Bell until the State Semis....day after Thanksgiving. Quite Honestly.....if Belfry is STILL playing after Thanksgiving......I really like our chances. That means we would have in all probability vanquished the all-powerful Oz( Boyle Co). Bell may be improved...but they’re not in That conversation yet. Y’all better be worried about Corbin. 😂😂