Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs. Lou. Moore Traditional
Pulp Fiction Wrote:https://jcgoldeneagles.com/library/files...-18-18.pdf

JC has never played Somerset in a varsity football contest. Maybe in a Frosh, JV game or even a scrimmage, but not a varsity contest.

I will need to see a Somerset or Johnson Central yearbook or documentation from the KHSAA to be convinced otherwise.
Johnson Central hasn’t played Somerset in a freshman, JV, or scrimmage game in the last 15 years.
Trophy Room Wrote:Somerset has been begging for 3 years to come over there and play but they continue to be denied entrance. This would be a good rivalry to be renewed. Back in the day Somerset holds a 4-1 all time record against the golden eagles but they were all close games..

JC has never played Somerset in a varsity football contest. Maybe in a Frosh, JV game or even a scrimmage, but not a varsity contest.

I will need to see a Somerset or Johnson Central yearbook or documentation from the KHSAA to be convinced otherwise.

Coach Booth Wrote:Johnson Central hasn’t played Somerset in a freshman, JV, or scrimmage game in the last 15 years.

JC played Pulaski County in '89 (L), '90 (W), '91 (L) & '92 (L).
JC has a 1-3 record against the Maroons.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
We shouldn’t be letting these pesky facts come in between a conversation on here. Everyone knows fact are optional.
Moore is a good quality football team. Best 4A in Louisville area.
Trip and culture shock will be too much for them...JC by 21
^^^^hahahahahahahahah. I’m waiting on Doug to chime in on this one. Hahahaha wowwwwwww
[B]And as a human being.[/B]

[COLOR="royalblue"]And no doubt the inspiration behind the hit single, by the same name, from the Fab4 all those years ago.

[/COLOR]
Tommy2tone Wrote:Moore is a good quality football team. Best 4A in Louisville area.
Trip and culture shock will be too much for them...JC by 21

Culture shock has nothing to do with it. Coaching staff will shelter the players from outside "noise." The team JC puts on the field will be too much to overcome for Moore.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Those remarks by that person shows what kind of standards he lives by or his hate for Coach Matney is so great he can’t control his emotions
Go Eagles!
Bob Seger Wrote:I see that you are still sore that back in the day Matney benched you at SC...

Once a loser , always a loser...Right?Confusednicker:
In the pool halls, the hustlers and the losers

Are you sure?
Hound05 Wrote:^^^^hahahahahahahahah. I’m waiting on Doug to chime in on this one. Hahahaha wowwwwwww
^ I slept through that freak show. lol
Patriot1 Wrote:Those remarks by that person shows what kind of standards he lives by or his hate for Coach Matney is so great he can’t control his emotions

Rome is burning.
Let's all be clear and make sure everybody understands. Go freshen up on the BGR rules & ZERO tolerance policy. One member was just issued a permanent ban because of the language & context in which said language was used towards another member. This is not Alex, the JC fan talking, this is Pulp Fiction, the Mod. talking. I have done the same thing in other forums, so please don't put the Mods. & Admins. in that type of position.
pjdoug Wrote:Are you sure?

Yes, I am pretty positive. I have the result of every JC varsity football season and games from the first year the team was in existence.

I have never heard anybody talk about playing Somerset and I know we haven't played them from 1998 through present day.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Let's all be clear and make sure everybody understands. Go freshen up on the BGR rules & ZERO tolerance policy. One member was just issued a permanent ban because of the language & context in which said language was used towards another member. This is not Alex, the JC fan talking, this is Pulp Fiction, the Mod. talking. I have done the same thing in other forums, so please don't put the Mods. & Admins. in that type of position.

A big powerful mod, yet you left a sickening to a dog post on the first page from an Our Gang character?
Pulp Fiction Wrote:JC played Pulaski County in '89 (L), '90 (W), '91 (L) & '92 (L).
JC has a 1-3 record against the Maroons.

Speaking of the Pulaski County game, I noticed on your link that the 92' game was missing a score. It was 20-6 Maroons, just to update your info. As well the 2002 game against Choctawhatchee, FL ended in a 47-6 loss.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Speaking of the Pulaski County game, I noticed on your link that the 92' game was missing a score. It was 20-6 Maroons, just to update your info. As well the 2002 game against Choctawhatchee, FL ended in a 47-6 loss.

Thank you.
pjdoug Wrote:A big powerful mod, yet you left a sickening to a dog post on the first page from an Our Gang character?

Yes it is...Post #8.
Pulpy, were those snake pics taken in your driveway??

Smile
Granny Bear Wrote:Pulpy, were those snake pics taken in your driveway??

Smile

At the rate I'm going, give me a few more days and I'm gonna be able to open my own snake expo.

Off topic.... Granny Bear, wasn't Harlan County supposed to be called The Rattlesnakes or The Rattlers?
That's two pages worth of history!!

HC was built in what we called Copperhead Holler. That holler was rampant with snakes!! Before they opened, a "committee" was appointed to determine school colors, mascot, etc. They supposedly put these decisions to a vote by the general public. The 3 choices of mascots were the Coal Miners, the Rattlesnakes or the Knights. It was reported that the Knights won the most votes and that's what we were for the first year. I even have a T-shirt and Pappy has a hat that reads "Harlan County Knights".

IMO even THIS was highly politicized. I remember people mad over the mascot being too close to the "Trojans" and mad over the colors being "Cumberland" colors, etc. One old gentleman got up in a board meeting and said that he had hunted these mountains all his life and had NEVER seen a Knight jump out from behind a tree!!! Confusednicker:

Soooo, anyway, Da Bears was chosen and we kept the colors as they were. With all the adults fighting over stupid crap like this, it's no wonder that it took the kids a little while to come together as one team, but they finally did.

And the result is the Harlan County Black Bears!
Smile

Believe it or not, this is the short version.
Bob Seger Wrote:Yes it is...Post #8.

Right. Thanks, Granny for removing it.
Granny Bear Wrote:That's two pages worth of history!!

HC was built in what we called Copperhead Holler. That holler was rampant with snakes!! Before they opened, a "committee" was appointed to determine school colors, mascot, etc. They supposedly put these decisions to a vote by the general public. The 3 choices of mascots were the Coal Miners, the Rattlesnakes or the Knights. It was reported that the Knights won the most votes and that's what we were for the first year. I even have a T-shirt and Pappy has a hat that reads "Harlan County Knights".

IMO even THIS was highly politicized. I remember people mad over the mascot being too close to the "Trojans" and mad over the colors being "Cumberland" colors, etc. One old gentleman got up in a board meeting and said that he had hunted these mountains all his life and had NEVER seen a Knight jump out from behind a tree!!! Confusednicker:

Soooo, anyway, Da Bears was chosen and we kept the colors as they were. With all the adults fighting over stupid crap like this, it's no wonder that it took the kids a little while to come together as one team, but they finally did.

Smile

JACHS TROJANS used to be a dreaded team.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Let's all be clear and make sure everybody understands. Go freshen up on the BGR rules & ZERO tolerance policy. One member was just issued a permanent ban because of the language & context in which said language was used towards another member. This is not Alex, the JC fan talking, this is Pulp Fiction, the Mod. talking. I have done the same thing in other forums, so please don't put the Mods. & Admins. in that type of position.

Does this mean that this joker is gone for good?
pjdoug Wrote:A big powerful mod, yet you left a sickening to a dog post on the first page from an Our Gang character?

Bob Seger Wrote:Yes it is...Post #8.

pjdoug Wrote:Right. Thanks, Granny for removing it.

I missed this post. My apologies.

Send a Mod. or an Admin. a PM about posts like this. Had I noticed it, I would have removed it A.S.A.P.
Granny Bear Wrote:That's two pages worth of history!!

Smile

The Harlan County Copperheads would have been epic. I would proudly wear a Harlan County Copperheads t-shirt.

The schools fight song had to be nothing less than Copperhead Road by Steve Earle.
"You never come back from Copperhead Road....."
I prefer Braid Paisley.
Wink

THOMCAT Wrote:Does this mean that this joker is gone for good?

Yes
Rank School State League Division W-L League W-L Division W-L Rating Schedule Strength Opponents' W-L
1 Johnson Central (Paintsville, KY) team preview trend
Kentucky 4A District 8
4A 2-1 0-0 0-0 23.3 16.4 4-6
WINS: #2152 Clay [Henry] (Lexington, KY) (33-21), #4608 South Charleston (WV) (43-13), LOSSES: #388 Capital (Charleston, WV) (28-21)

jim rome you can see how stupid and childish you look in your post by reviewing CalPreps ranking. You can see that Strength of Schedule for JC is 16.4. If I reviewed the ranking correct that would put JC Strength of Schedule State Ranked at 12 with only 2 school in 4 A or below having a high Strength of Schedule. That being Wayne County and E-Town. If you going to hate on Coach Matney that your choice but it just get funnier and funnier watching you. What a loser. calpreps.com/2018/ratings/Kentucky_division.htm …
https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=OIP.7kJnlFY...=112&h=111
Fair Warning to everyone.
1. Personal attacks or threats to another member whether in forum or messaging will result in Suspension. Bashing or taunting of any high school athletes will not be tolerated.
2. Don't reveal personal identities or other confidential information about anyone, including an attempt to divulge, or an attempt to determine a user's identity posted in any BGR forum.

For repeat offenders this will be a Permanent Ban!

Thread closed.