Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The first Ap polls of the year..
FoSho Wrote:I'm not arguing about this. All I'm saying is that we could play with Trinity. Our starting skill kids are better than theirs IMO. They would have A LOT more size and depth on the OL/DL and would wear us down. But that doesn't mean we couldn't hold our own and have a chance to win. And without question Chuck Smith is the best coach in the state and would have a plan and schemes to play with Trinity.

As far as Trinity vs Ballard goes, if we played Ballard a month from now I'm pretty sure they'd get a running clock on them too. Playing them first game with several OL starters that had never played a varsity game vs their athletes and size was tough. By District play our OL will be much better.

I hope things are good Big Daddy Bull.

You know Chuck Smith took a tour of Trinity and was strongly considered for the Head Coach position.
Belfry will be there in the end, playing without starting QB.. If you have any football knowledge at all, running the triple without your two year starter at QB out is tough..
thsrocks Wrote:You know Chuck Smith took a tour of Trinity and was strongly considered for the Head Coach position.

I heard he couldn't afford the pay cut. 😎
FoSho Wrote:I'm not arguing about this. All I'm saying is that we could play with Trinity. Our starting skill kids are better than theirs IMO. They would have A LOT more size and depth on the OL/DL and would wear us down. But that doesn't mean we couldn't hold our own and have a chance to win. And without question Chuck Smith is the best coach in the state and would have a plan and schemes to play with Trinity.

As far as Trinity vs Ballard goes, if we played Ballard a month from now I'm pretty sure they'd get a running clock on them too. Playing them first game with several OL starters that had never played a varsity game vs their athletes and size was tough. By District play our OL will be much better.

Im good brother, thanks for asking- love your passion for football

I like ya FoSho, but no. Just no. There’s a substantial gap between trinity and everyone else in Kentucky. As bad as I hate to say it, cause I love 3A football, it’d be a running clock. Now if you took an all star team from Boyle,
belfry, Corbin, and central, then yeah!! It’d be a great chance to win. But BC vs Trinity would be off to the Races. They’re playing nationally ranked HS’s. We play for classification championships. Does BC have some players that are better than Trinity’s? Probably. But overall it’s just not a fair fight
Hound05 Wrote:I like ya FoSho, but no. Just no. There’s a substantial gap between trinity and everyone else in Kentucky. As bad as I hate to say it, cause I love 3A football, it’d be a running clock. Now if you took an all star team from Boyle,
belfry, Corbin, and central, then yeah!! It’d be a great chance to win. But BC vs Trinity would be off to the Races. They’re playing nationally ranked HS’s. We play for classification championships. Does BC have some players that are better than Trinity’s? Probably. But overall it’s just not a fair fight

I think you'd be surprised at what might happen.
I don’t know how it would go but I do know the top end talent is better on this Boyle team than the Trinity team. I’m sure they are deeper and would win but I don’t think running clicks are happening. Not this years Trinity team vs this Boyle team.
BoyleCo Wrote:I don’t know how it would go but I do know the top end talent is better on this Boyle team than the Trinity team. I’m sure they are deeper and would win but I don’t think running clicks are happening. Not this years Trinity team vs this Boyle team.

......or next year.
I ain't even mad about Trinity being third, but how on God's green Earth did Jeffersontown get into the top ten?
ColtPride Wrote:Somerset got one first place vote in 2A? Seriously? Someone out there actually thinks they are better than Mayfield, CAL, and DeSales? Must have been someone from the Commonwealth Journal. lol

Doubtful SOmerset is better than all of them but better not underestimate them. They are damn good. Played extremely well against Corbin in scrimmage.