Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield vs. Paducah Tilghman
My pick is going to be Cards by 21ish. and the streak goes on to a bakers dozen
Any word on Neely? We could stand to have him back this week
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:My pick is going to be Cards by 21ish. and the streak goes on to a bakers dozen

What streak?
Winning streak against PT .. we currently hold the longest wining streak either team has had over the other team since the series began like a 100+ years ago
I think people are really selling us short. UC was no slouch. I’m not sure what happened to them last week, other than maybe they were banged up from our game. But, I think Hoptown is a really athletic and good team that has ran into 2 buzzsaws right off the bat. I’ve seen PT in person and they are way too one deminsional to stay close with us.
Snakesnot Wrote:Too valuable

Brady Smith to LB might work

I always thought Keac at DE (like his brother) and Smith at LB made more sense. I believe Smith prefers being on the line so maybe that's what the decision was based on. I believe Couch might be a good option at MLB as well.
Kracken Wrote:I always thought Keac at DE (like his brother) and Smith at LB made more sense. I believe Smith prefers being on the line so maybe that's what the decision was based on. I believe Couch might be a good option at MLB as well.

All I know is someone will need to control the middle.
mysonis55 Wrote:I think people are really selling us short. UC was no slouch. I’m not sure what happened to them last week, other than maybe they were banged up from our game. But, I think Hoptown is a really athletic and good team that has ran into 2 buzzsaws right off the bat. I’ve seen PT in person and they are way too one deminsional to stay close with us.

Their qb broke his arm..
I just found that out tonight. I heard they had another starter out as well. They already didn’t have any depth. Now, they really gotta be hurting.
UC's qb being out was enough to really hurt them. That kid was a player and the one who made them go. The #21 RB was a stud as well, but, without the threat of the QB pulling the ball and taking off, it would make it much easier to key on him..
According to Mayfield Messenger sports reporter Eric Walker, Neely will play Friday.
Neely is a boost on both sides
Since PT will be running vintage 1980's football on offense we will need some good LB play
ontopofthewest Wrote:Their qb broke his arm..

Against us?
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Against us?

No... not against us.. but last week at the beginning of their game with Jackson south side tn.. they will have a ruff way out the rest of their year.. really going to hurt them as their qb was what made that offense move.. curious to see if they can over come it.. my guess is no..
You talk about shocking some people. Imagine them going on the rest of this year and managing to prevent any other key injuries. They make it to the playoffs and the q.v. returns just before. They would really surprise the state then.
Mayfield by a couple scores
Our #4 mentioned in a few posts is Kylan Galbreath. Remember that as he will be key down the road.
Pretty simple game plan for Mayfield. If you can stop the run, then you win.
Tica Wrote:Pretty simple game plan for Mayfield. If you can stop the run, then you win.

That is correct
Will PT stay true to what worked in their first 2 games or will they try to do other things that are not in their comfort zone. Their skipper is a MF guy, will that have a impact?
Paducah interim head coach Jonathan Smith played for Mayfield between 1993-1996. Joe Morris was his line coach and offensive coordinator.
From the Mayfield Messenger:
"Mayfield football is built on guys like Jonathan Smith. He wouldn't pass the eye test , but when he went out there he got the job done." Joe Morris -Mayfield head coach
After giving this game some thought, you've got to believe Coach Morris will load the box and make PT beat them thru the air or by sustaining long drives. I'm not sure they have the capability to beat the Cards thru the air or be patient and disciplined enough to keep enough drives going to keep up with Mayfield's explosive offense. That philosophy was effective for awhile with Union City, but, ultimately the Cards had too many ways to score and never really got stopped.. I think we may see a very similar game as UC and PT are very comparable with the way they play.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:After giving this game some thought, you've got to believe Coach Morris will load the box and make PT beat them thru the air or by sustaining long drives. I'm not sure they have the capability to beat the Cards thru the air or be patient and disciplined enough to keep enough drives going to keep up with Mayfield's explosive offense. That philosophy was effective for awhile with Union City, but, ultimately the Cards had too many ways to score and never really got stopped.. I think we may see a very similar game as UC and PT are very comparable with the way they play.

The only difference it looked like to me was that UC's veer was tricky as to exactly where they were running while PT is just straight ahead bulldog. Talked to a PT friend who said this week in practice they went 4-16 against air passing. He said their passing attack is a work in progress.
Mayfield by 14-21
This PT team seems bigger and stronger than the teams they have fielded in recent years. Make no mistake - they have multiple backs that can run the ball. But in today's fast paced spread game, a team than can't or won't throw is just not going to beat a good team that can.
Mayfield 42 PT 20.... close for a half..
MF had 8 3 and outs vs Hoptown, I hope we fix that or this will be a close game and PT will eat clock running only
Mayfield 40-Paducah Tilghman 21 Tilghman will be up at the half 14-7
42-14 MHS. PT won’t ever be up
Something to remember:

No student on the MHS team was ever in school the last time that PT beat MHS.

MHS has only lost 1 game since 2010 at War Memorial.