Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mayfield vs. Paducah Tilghman
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who ya got and why? Ill take Mayfield while Tilghman is way improved i think were in their heads like Danville is ours ill take Mayfield 28 to 14.
If we don’t change QB we lose 24 to 7
Mayfield by 20
This maybe the first year I can remember not hearing mysonis55 bragging about how good Paducah Tilghman is.............With that said :biglmao: Remember Mayfield September 21 Austin Peay

Mayfield 55
Paducah Tilghman 14
I agree that Conner needs some more snaps under center, but, Stinson has been pretty solid for the better of a year and a couple of games and I see no reason he won't continue being solid.. Mayfield has 1 receiver out due to injury and another that will have to sit out this week due to an altercation with a Hoptown player, so, Conner is needed at the WR position more so than at QB..

This is the 1st year in several years that PT has the talent and depth to compete with Mayfield.. I don't think they can throw the ball all that well, but, they've got 3 or 4 solid RB options and a pretty salty defense.. In the end, I think Mayfield handles them, but, I do expect it to be a close game.. M 28 PT 21
KYHSFBFan Wrote:I agree that Conner needs some more snaps under center, but, Stinson has been pretty solid for the better of a year and a couple of games and I see no reason he won't continue being solid.. Mayfield has 1 receiver out due to injury and another that will have to sit out this week due to an altercation with a Hoptown player, so, Conner is needed at the WR position more so than at QB..

This is the 1st year in several years that PT has the talent and depth to compete with Mayfield.. I don't think they can throw the ball all that well, but, they've got 3 or 4 solid RB options and a pretty salty defense.. In the end, I think Mayfield handles them, but, I do expect it to be a close game.. M 28 PT 21

I agree.

I see Conner getting some snaps at QB....Mayfield by a touchdown or so.
The loss of Markeacio for MF really hurts as PT's running game has looked really solid. I think MF makes enough big plays to pull it out, but I expect a close game.
Mayfield 35-21
I think PT is just honored this year to be able to get on the same field as Mayfield.
I've got a feeling this one will be closer than some think. I'm betting on a slug fest with a high powered Mayfield offense vs. a stingly Paducah Tilgham defense.

Mayfield 24
Paducah Tilgham 21
Mayfield - 35
Tilghman - 28
What I see as a major concern is how well the Cards defense will respond without 2 defensive starters. The Cards offense is to good not to get a few points on the board but can we stop the tornado ground attack
Is Mayfield even practicing this week?
Mayfield by 14
#4 came in and did a good job the other night.
Mayfield with a running clock.
Mayfield 56-7
I'll take Mayfield by > 2 TD's.
I went to the PT v McCracken game and Tilghman looked really good but that was partly because the Mustangs are really bad.
Mayfield by 3+ TD's.
Mayfield by 5+ TD's v the Mustangs next week.
Jayden and Connor are both excellent QB's.
First, I have to say with the way 11 has been playing mlb, MHS May be better off to let him see someone else do it and think about what he needs to do. I actually think he is a better RB than lb.

Second, he is a RB, not a WR. So, we aren’t down 2 WR that I know of. Of course, if we were, there are many more to put in.

Lastly, I’m not aware of 2 defensive players out.
Now, with all that said, MHS by 3-4 scores.
55.. u not been getting much sleep lately... lol.. after reading kyhsfbfan post I'm not sure he was meaning that they were both wr's.. I didn't take it that way. He said we were out a wr and another kid out due to the fighting.. dont think he ment they were both wr's..

On the other Kneely plays defense too.. so that is 2, starters out on D.. lol.. your slippin 55...

I like the job Jackson has been doing at lb an running back.. esp running back.. he is has all the makings to be very good.. he is big, fast, strong, an agressive.. on D I think he is doing a pretty good job.. only the 2nd game but he is learning an by the end of the season I think we will be glad to have him there.. I dont agree with what he did tho... cant loose ur cool like that over a hold.. so setting out will be good for him.. agreed..
ontopofthewest Wrote:55.. u not been getting much sleep lately... lol.. after reading kyhsfbfan post I'm not sure he was meaning that they were both wr's.. I didn't take it that way. He said we were out a wr and another kid out due to the fighting.. dont think he ment they were both wr's..

On the other Kneely plays defense too.. so that is 2, starters out on D.. lol.. your slippin 55...

I like the job Jackson has been doing at lb an running back.. esp running back.. he is has all the makings to be very good.. he is big, fast, strong, an agressive.. on D I think he is doing a pretty good job.. only the 2nd game but he is learning an by the end of the season I think we will be glad to have him there.. I dont agree with what he did tho... cant loose ur cool like that over a hold.. so setting out will be good for him.. agreed..

You keep showing that you were a baseball man. Come over to the man cave. I will show you video. He is standing straight up and waiting for the line to come block him. He, as a mlb, should be creeping before the snap and have everything coming straight ahead at the snap. If you noticed, right after he went out, 4 busted through the line and smacked the back in the face as soon as he got the ball. That is how a mlb should play. We are giving him too much credit for learning. He was a lb last year and had to fill in the last game of the 16 season. He should be well polished by now, not learning. He is at this point, just a big body on defense.
I agree 55.. I was sitting next to a retired prominent area fb coach at the UCity game and he was pretty critical of the MLB play.. Strickly moving lateral and wasn't fighting off blocks or filling any gaps.. As you said, just a big body in there right now..
KYHSFBFan Wrote:I agree 55.. I was sitting next to a retired prominent area fb coach at the UCity game and he was pretty critical of the MLB play.. Strickly moving lateral and wasn't fighting off blocks or filling any gaps.. As you said, just a big body in there right now..

I agree 100%. Alot plays he was just standing there waiting for the play to come to him. #4 came in the other night and shut it down.
I like the way 4 played. I wonder if we could see Guthrie move to lb. before y’all say no, he’s too small, look at Jay Burgett or Brent Simpkins. Also, before you say, he’s a q.v., look at what Logan Armstrong did. We need a hitter there.
That was supposed to be qb, dang phone.
Mayfield with a running clock with 2 minutes left in the first. Mayfield may as well not even practice this week.
I agree with yall.. on that UC game.. lots of bad tackling from several including Jackson... guess I was just kinda rooting for him to have a break out season.. not givin up on him yet ..lol an yes 4 did a good job.. I think this game could be close.. just dont think we are anywhere near where we need to be right now...
mysonis55 Wrote:I like the way 4 played. I wonder if we could see Guthrie move to lb. before y’all say no, he’s too small, look at Jay Burgett or Brent Simpkins. Also, before you say, he’s a q.v., look at what Logan Armstrong did. We need a hitter there.

Too valuable

Brady Smith to LB might work
Pages: 1 2