Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ashland
80.00%
Raceland
20.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland @ Ashland 8-24
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Ashland has a ton of weapons. just watched some film and they r FAST at just about every position. if we give the Brandt kid a big cushion on the corners he will burn us on the underneath stuff. we have to get good pressure from our LBs and interior DL and contain Ratliff when the pocket breaks down. we gotta stay balanced defensively and put points on the board early.

I think Ashland is going to score points. This sounds like a good plan, but the Ashland offensive line is good this year...and good luck containing Ratliff when the pocket breaks down. He didn't run much against Harlan County because he didn't have to. They didn't even throw to the tight ends either. I think they have a lot more weapons that we didn't see against Harlan County.

I think the best way for Raceland to win this game is on the offensive side of the ball. The biggest weakness that was exposed on the Ashland team against Harlan County was that their defensive line can get pushed back and their linebackers aren't big and strong enough to stuff the running backs for zero gain. Harlan County controlled the ball for most of the game while eventually fumbling or getting penalties to set them back. If the Rams have a power running game, then they need to just keep the Ashland offense off the field. Go straight at them and not sideline to sideline, because they are fast as you pointed out.
scrappy coco Wrote:Tomcats By Eleventy Billion:biglmao:

Stop using my material sloppy ho ho😡
nekysportsfan Wrote:I think Ashland is going to score points. This sounds like a good plan, but the Ashland offensive line is good this year...and good luck containing Ratliff when the pocket breaks down. He didn't run much against Harlan County because he didn't have to. They didn't even throw to the tight ends either. I think they have a lot more weapons that we didn't see against Harlan County.

I think the best way for Raceland to win this game is on the offensive side of the ball. The biggest weakness that was exposed on the Ashland team against Harlan County was that their defensive line can get pushed back and their linebackers aren't big and strong enough to stuff the running backs for zero gain. Harlan County controlled the ball for most of the game while eventually fumbling or getting penalties to set them back. If the Rams have a power running game, then they need to just keep the Ashland offense off the field. Go straight at them and not sideline to sideline, because they are fast as you pointed out.

I agree. Harlan had 14 or 15 first downs. Rams need to ball control and keep the ball out of Ashland’s hands. Just enough passing to keep them off balance. Speed kills and the putty tats have lots of it.
And no doubt Assland gets a short field to work with cause A..we can’t kick the damn ball and B...if we could Salmons won’t kick to them!
RAMDAD50 Wrote:And no doubt Assland gets a short field to work with cause A..we can’t kick the damn ball and B...if we could Salmons won’t kick to them!

We get it! We get it! Raceland can't kick. I can't quit reading Raceland threads. This is better than my wife's soap opera's...….. RamDad and Nut are the most negative supportive posters on this site. :1::insane:
How is it negative when you state the obvious ?? I’ve watched to many games lost at Ashland that the Rams should’ve won if they would’ve kicked the dang ball! All the way back to Hoofy... we have to drive the entire field and they get the dang ball on the other side of the 50! Hell let them return one before you give up
The one we kicked deep at lawrence was returned for a touchdown
Maybe Raceland should play in Ohio. They are doing away with Kick-offs (freshman and JV) this year. LOL
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Beechwood was the best team in 4 classes last year. They lost a bunch from last years team. Couldn’t really gage how good Ashland was because Harlan’s defense was so bad. The putty tats are very fast though. Raceland will be much faster than Harlan was tonight. I think depth will be our down fall.

Beechwood was not the best team in 4 classes.
nekysportsfan Wrote:That’s a good assessment from Pulp Fiction. This will let Raceland know where they stand if they have dreams of winning state. Will Judd Adkins be back for the Rams? They will need to be full strength for this one. Ashland is really good this season and will be the best team Raceland plays until Beechwood.

:hilarious:
I guess a lot of posters don't think Raceland is making it back to play Beechwood this year. We will see.
pjdoug Wrote:Beechwood was not the best team in 4 classes.

I would put beechwoods team last year up against anybody 1-4A. If the didn’t win I guarantee it would be close
EsseQuamVideri Wrote:Lambs and Rams? Freudian slip? LOL
No Freudian slip. It's obvious some posters believe the Rams are the new Monsters of the Midway. Pikeville, Hazard, Paintsville, etc are just lucky to be in their shadows on the east side. Lol
nekysportsfan Wrote:I guess a lot of posters don't think Raceland is making it back to play Beechwood this year. We will see.
Oh they're good enough, no doubt. But to make an unequivocal statement like you did that Ashland would be "the best team Raceland faces until Beechwood" is pretty bold. Only way they can play Beechwood is in the finals, so you've basically said there's not a shot in Hades of anyone beating them out of the east. You're the one setting the expectation, not others. Most comments on this and other threads have been respectful of Racelands chances out of the east. FWIW, I consider them #1 until they're beat by virtue of them being defending east reps.
Let me put it this way. If we beat ashland no body will touch us in the east.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Let me put it this way. If we beat ashland no body will touch us in the east.

I agree.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Let me put it this way. If we beat ashland no body will touch us in the east.

See if you can guess which has never ever happened: Raceland beats Ashland or Raceland wins at Pikeville? Raceland fans way ahead of themselves. I personally think Paintsville and Hazard are better than Raceland.:zzz:
nekysportsfan Wrote:I guess a lot of posters don't think Raceland is making it back to play Beechwood this year. We will see.

I'm pretty confident they won't make it back.:Thumbs:
Nobody is slighting pikevlle, hazard or paintsville. Im just telling you thats how good ashland is this year. It will be a tall task to go into putnam and beat those guys this year. Ho about this.....if we beat ashland.....were pretty good.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Nobody is slighting pikevlle, hazard or paintsville. Im just telling you thats how good ashland is this year. It will be a tall task to go into putnam and beat those guys this year. Ho about this.....if we beat ashland.....were pretty good.

Now you're back on planet Earth!:welcome:
If Ashland plays like they did last Saturday or dare I say better, Raceland has very little chance to win. That Ashland D Line returns 3 starters and dominated Racelands front last season. They along with the LBs lived in the backfield and keep Raceland scoreless. Ashland’s D line may be small they go 250 230 290 and 200 across the the line but all are athletic and have speed. The Ashland D had to stay on the field a lot Saturday night and wore down some but what is forgotten is HCs offensive front was exhausted probably more then Ashland’s D. Ashland ran 25 offensive plays and put up 49 points (12 plays 1st half-2:50 of T.O.P. And scored 28). HC ran 56 plays and we see how that turned out. Not saying Raceland can’t win but Ashland will have to play poorly and Raceland play great to get the W.
I dont think raceland, pikeville, paintsville or hazard could beat ashland this year. Putty tats are way fast. But with that being said: Rams by eleventy billion!!!!
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:I dont think raceland, pikeville, paintsville or hazard could beat ashland this year. Putty tats are way fast. But with that being said: Rams by eleventy billion!!!!

I agree with everything you said except it will be Ashland by eleventy billion!!!Confusednicker:
T-CATS Wrote:If Ashland plays like they did last Saturday or dare I say better, Raceland has very little chance to win. That Ashland D Line returns 3 starters and dominated Racelands front last season. They along with the LBs lived in the backfield and keep Raceland scoreless. Ashland’s D line may be small they go 250 230 290 and 200 across the the line but all are athletic and have speed. The Ashland D had to stay on the field a lot Saturday night and wore down some but what is forgotten is HCs offensive front was exhausted probably more then Ashland’s D. Ashland ran 25 offensive plays and put up 49 points (12 plays 1st half-2:50 of T.O.P. And scored 28). HC ran 56 plays and we see how that turned out. Not saying Raceland can’t win but Ashland will have to play poorly and Raceland play great to get the W.

Your arrogance is unmatched .. I will tell you this Raceland is not HC they won’t keep the that long and not score and I’m so glad your Dline is that big because Raceland’s Oline is bigger a lot bigger I’m sure Ashland is faster up front but if Raceland runs as many plays as HC the Tom cats are in trouble they will be wore down . Ashland is good and the favorite and it would take a very big effort on Racelands part to win but you act like they are Johnson central or something you know the team that Ashland can’t compete with
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Your arrogance is unmatched .. I will tell you this Raceland is not HC they won’t keep the that long and not score and I’m so glad your Dline is that big because Raceland’s Oline is bigger a lot bigger I’m sure Ashland is faster up front but if Raceland runs as many plays as HC the Tom cats are in trouble they will be wore down . Ashland is good and the favorite and it would take a very big effort on Racelands part to win but you act like they are Johnson central or something you know the team that Ashland can’t compete with
I’m just stating facts from last seasons game and Ashland’s fist game. I know Raceland has a huge line but they at least in the past tend to wear down and run out of gas. Oh yes we know JC the team we beat for the district title last year. Friday night watch the Raceland OL play they will be a huge factor whether this game is close or a blowout. Ashland 42 Raceland 18

I sure hope not, like Raceland and they got a very good team but their is some teams in the east that can beat them on some nights. Sure they are the champs of the east and the are going to be hard to beat but it can be done play one game at a time and let the chips fall where they may. Let’s get back to Ashland they will be a hard out for the Rams but they can beat them. Stranger things have happened good luck to the Rams and if you do I will congratulate them but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
I agree 100% Racelands MO while playing Ashland is come out like gang busters and Peter out in the second half because they are gased but in the last couple of years coach salmons seems to have figured out he has to play more players and now very few kids are playing both ways and the ones who are they are rotating and taking series off. We need have a couple of injuries last least and looks like we possible lost a lineman for the year but I think it’s gonna be a lot closer than most think
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:The one we kicked deep at lawrence was returned for a touchdown

Well, technically 97 yards but who's counting after 1st & goal at the 3 lol.
After a TD that I’m pretty sure the kids thought put the game away...and I believe the first one to start the game went deep....well as deep as it can
I love our kicker he will be in he NFL someday