Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3A State Championship Boyle 40 Corbin 21
I️ don’t think Corbin was out coached, I️ just think that Boyle had incredible athletes, and executed the counter extremely well, the line play was awesome. I️ love my redhounds, and I️m sure Haddix and company will be ready to gmbisschop next season .
Jack Lambert Wrote:May I ask where you're getting your enrollment numbers? I work for Boyle County Schools, and I'm being told just the opposite.

I just read that Boyle's enrollment is the highest in it's history.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Realignment is figured on the number of male students 10th - 12th grade, according to KHSAA 2016-2017 enrollment numbers Boyle has 312 male students from grades 10-12.

I was sure it was 9-12...Not 10?
I was told by someone that would know. I won't give that info up. Believe it or don't.
Looking at the KHSAA data it is based upon the 9-12 grade males. Boyles number were
10-11 445
11-12 427
12-13 390
13-14 378

Total 1640 / 4 = 410

These are the same numbers reflected on the Growth Factor Ethnic Membership Reports for those years. Using the last 4 years of data the number would go to 427. This number really does not mean much except it was an increase of 17. On the last alignment it would have push them up into 4A. It depends what the other district numbers are on the next alignment to see if there would be an actual change in class.
I was told we are over 450. I will get an exact number tomorrow.
The current year growth factor report shows 464 males grades 9-12. But the calculation uses a multiyear average.
I was told that Boyle may petition to go to 4a the next alignment. But won't have to.
WhoYaWith Wrote:This is from the same data set that is sent to KHSAA. It is also the same data set that is sent to determine the band competition alignments. This published report is just a rollup for the school district. The actual file sent has the actual breakdown for every school in the district. If the district has only one high school then the numbers are accurate unless the district has an alternative school.

Doesn't Boyle have an alternative school? and 354 is still really close to Lexington Catholic's numbers from 2016-2017 they had 340.
Congrats Rebels didn’t get to attend the game but computer screens don’t lie, best of luck going forward, let’s all heal up and do it again next year!! Go Hounds
congrats to boyle on their 12th title and corbin on their 9th runner up
smoke1015 Wrote:I forgot who was coach then? I remember Corbin, at times could be classy (now this is a guy outside of Corbin giving an opinionated take on their coaches, so please bear with me). But at times we'd play and it was fine, nice and classy by Corbin. But once in the early 2000's we played Corbin close, for the first time ever, I think the final was maybe a 7 point loss (Casey county). A Corbin coach threatened our player, threatened the ref. He went ballistic, had to be contained, and eventually, if I recall, the police were called. I'm not remembering who the head coach was at that time. My buddy doing chains heard it all. I can't remember if anyone was arrested or not. That could be the staff you're eluding to?
Steve Jewell was head coach. I couldn't really see him doing anything like that but I could be wrong. There were lots of assistants coming and going in that time period so who knows.
AngryMob Wrote:congrats to boyle on their 12th title and corbin on their 9th runner up

:biglmao:
Hatz Wrote::biglmao:

I thought that is how it worked we just make up numbers?? Belfry is embarking on the #ChaseFor11 next year just heard
Just looked at the video of the reception/TD ruled incomplete late in the First Half.

Looking at it and slowing it down, and of course wearing Rebel Raybans, it appears incomplete to me.

Corbin receiver catches the ball while in the air and is hit, still in the air by Smith from Boyle. As soon as the Corbin player hits the ground the ball comes out.

I think the rule reads that you have to have control of a pass and foot on the ground to establish possession.

I could be wrong. When I saw it Friday I thought it was a catch. Now I really don't think so. If you paid for the broadcast you can pull it up on this link:

http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/khsaa/408602a732

One thing no one has mentioned. Watch the replay. The play was designed as a screen left. Sizemore then went down field. But there were two Corbin linemen downfield when he threw the ball. Check it out on the replay. #52 and #55 are 10 yards down field.
Come one man. You can't let the facts get in the way of a good excuse. That is funny anyway. The officials were right but still missed the call. I believe that. Where did they come up with officials anyway? Some little league teams are probably still scratching their heads wondering why the officials didn't show up for their game.
FoSho Wrote:It was a great atmosphere. The coaches and players said it was really loud!

Glad to get this run started earlier than anyone outside of the Rebel Football family expected.

Who ya with?
It was loud and crowded. Announcer said that it broke a 3A championship attendance record with over 11K fans.

I think the record was from 2002 and it was Boyle/Highlands.
WhoYaWith Wrote:Come one man. You can't let the facts get in the way of a good excuse. That is funny anyway. The officials were right but still missed the call. I believe that. Where did they come up with officials anyway? Some little league teams are probably still scratching their heads wondering why the officials didn't show up for their game.

I was at the game and didn't see anything horrible with the officiating. Was it perfect? Nope...none ever are but it wasn't bad.

i know at least one was from the Louisville area and one was from Northern KY. Not sure where the rest were from.
Houndlife Wrote:I️ don’t think Corbin was out coached, I️ just think that Boyle had incredible athletes, and executed the counter extremely well, the line play was awesome. I️ love my redhounds, and I️m sure Haddix and company will be ready to gmbisschop next season .

Corbin was out coached badly.

Boyle was faster and better at every position.

That is a deadly combination.
smoke1015 Wrote:I was sure it was 9-12...Not 10?

I'm about 99% sure it's always been 10-12 grade.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I'm about 99% sure it's always been 10-12 grade.

It’s been 9-12 since 2011 for sure but I’m thinking closer to 20 years.
footballfever Wrote:It’s been 9-12 since 2011 for sure but I’m thinking closer to 20 years.

After doing some reading I think you maybe correct.
You wanna see some entertaining stuff? Comedy gold from some of you Hounds.

Reread all the posts from the thread leading up to this game. Man, I love being right. Lol

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...568&page=4
Jack Lambert Wrote:After doing some reading I think you maybe correct.

I thought I was right about that. But like I said, Boyle going to 4A is not going to hurt them anyways. IMO, 3A is the most competitive class in the top 4 or 5 teams.
That'll change if Boyle and Corbin go to 4a while belfry drops to 2a.
State Championship shirts are now available to help pay for the team rings. Shirts are for sale today at the school and tonight at the basketball game. All Rebel fans get out and purchase you Championship gear! Eight is GREAT! but Nine would be fine! :1:
FoSho Wrote:You wanna see some entertaining stuff? Comedy gold from some of you Hounds.

Reread all the posts from the thread leading up to this game. Man, I love being right. Lol

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...568&page=4

I would like to hear some truthful thoughts on what the Hounds think of our offense and defense and speed and skilled players. I would love to just hear some thoughts not saying we were the best at everything that they had faced just wondering what facets of the game we were better and what we were not as good at. This is not intended to be a argument just an evaluation from the opponent.
blackandgold4life Wrote:I would like to hear some truthful thoughts on what the Hounds think of our offense and defense and speed and skilled players. I would love to just hear some thoughts not saying we were the best at everything that they had faced just wondering what facets of the game we were better and what we were not as good at. This is not intended to be a argument just an evaluation from the opponent.

In hindsight that should be easy to do, but I seriously doubt it's going to happen. What do you say Single Wing 77, HighViz, Hounds05 and Bossdaddy (to name a few)? Anything?
I said on the other thread what I felt about it. The biggest difference was boyles offensive line vs Corbin's defensive line. Boyle was able to block us one on one up front with consistent success. This allowed them to get bodies on our backers. Although boyles skill players were very good and fast, I think the reason they got behind us was because our DB's were worried too much about the run. Boyles defense was pretty good but I think Corbin did a pretty good job of moving the ball on them. I think we did a poor job of executing once we got into the redzone, that took two scores off the board. I felt Corbin won the special teams battle by far, but as anyone who follows middle school football knows, that's going to improve next season with the smith kid. All in all I think if Corbin had played their best game they would've had a chance to win. I think the moment got to them a little and they didn't bring their A game, especially in the first quarter. Boyle is a quality team with a ton returning, as is corbin. I think it'll be a great game next season at Campbell field.

Since we're playing this game how about you Boyle guys give an evaluation of Corbin?
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I said on the other thread what I felt about it. The biggest difference was boyles offensive line vs Corbin's defensive line. Boyle was able to block us one on one up front with consistent success. This allowed them to get bodies on our backers. Although boyles skill players were very good and fast, I think the reason they got behind us was because our DB's were worried too much about the run. Boyles defense was pretty good but I think Corbin did a pretty good job of moving the ball on them. I think we did a poor job of executing once we got into the redzone, that took two scores off the board. I felt Corbin won the special teams battle by far, but as anyone who follows middle school football knows, that's going to improve next season with the smith kid. All in all I think if Corbin had played their best game they would've had a chance to win. I think the moment got to them a little and they didn't bring their A game, especially in the first quarter. Boyle is a quality team with a ton returning, as is corbin. I think it'll be a great game next season at Campbell field.

Since we're playing this game how about you Boyle guys give an evaluation of Corbin?

I'm your Huckleberry. Smile

I gave my thoughts on the original thread (pregame) that I referenced above which happened to be dead on.

I don't think your fans or the Redhounds respected/expected the Rebels team size/speed.

Your schedule was referenced several times as being better but to be honest that turned out to be false.

I thought we had a HUGE advantage on both sides of the ball, which proved to be true. I also knew that we would flourish in that environment because of preparation and how our kids thrive on the big stage at UK (as several of them Camp there and have been gameday guests).

Our rush defense was great all year and we were +33 on turnover margin for the season. I knew you wouldn't be able to run consistently on us and that you'd have to throw the ball which we were comfortable with defending.

On a positive note for you guys, you are relatively young and have some fantastic players to build on. Plus a ton of kids in the pipeline that can play. If #12 comes back next season that is HUGE and I look forward to the rematch in Corbin being a dogfight (if we both make it).

In a nutshell, I believe the biggest factors in the game was OL/DL play, the speed of the turf and how our sophomores were far more skilled than Corbin was prepared for.

I also believe our coaching staff developed a game plan that put our kids in the best possible situations for success. I know they were very confident that our personnel would get the job done based upon that preparation.