Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 3A State Championship Boyle 40 Corbin 21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Since the last thread was shut down for some reason, I thought I would start a new one for the game. Hope that's okay.
It's fine!! What happened to the other thread??
The other got off topic a bit and was talking about a very good Qb.
It was a great atmosphere. The coaches and players said it was really loud!

Glad to get this run started earlier than anyone outside of the Rebel Football family expected.

Who ya with?
And to continue another topic from the other thread, Boyle County will be a 4A school in the next realignment. Enrollment is the highest that it's ever been at the present time.
FoSho Wrote:It was a great atmosphere. The coaches and players said it was really loud!

Glad to get this run started earlier than anyone outside of the Rebel Football family expected.

Who ya with?

REBELS!!!!!!! :lmao::1::1::1::1::1::1::1::1::1::1::1:
So, the last thread was shut down because it was mentioned about what the announcer said during the game? My bad... I honestly didn’t mean to shut down a thread
I truly hope Corbin fans who were skeptical of the Haddix hire have come to realize what they’ve got in a head coach.
Haddix will keep Corbin amount the elite.
Congratulations to the players and coaches.
redstone1127 Wrote:I truly hope Corbin fans who were skeptical of the Haddix hire have come to realize what they’ve got in a head coach.
Haddix will keep Corbin amount the elite.
Congratulations to the players and coaches.
The kids like to play for coach Haddix. That makes a huge difference when you can get all the athletes to come out. Having a coach you want to play and win for is big compared to having coaches that you play in spite of. When I think back to the early to mid 2000s and some of the athletes Corbin had that didn't play football it makes me wonder if we couldn't have won a championship or two in that time span if we had a coach that could of got them to come out.
Wildcat45 Wrote:So, the last thread was shut down because it was mentioned about what the announcer said during the game? My bad... I honestly didn’t mean to shut down a thread

I don't think it was you Wildcat45. I removed 2 posts that were just there to stir up trouble, and then left a warning. I didn't see anything else that warranted closure, BUT someone DID think it should've been closed evidently.
FoSho Wrote:And to continue another topic from the other thread, Boyle County will be a 4A school in the next realignment. Enrollment is the highest that it's ever been at the present time.

May I ask where you're getting your enrollment numbers? I work for Boyle County Schools, and I'm being told just the opposite.
I think the seniors from Boyle were pretty under appreciated by the Boyle posters. Don't get me wrong, the sophomore skill guys did some great things, but those pass plays don't open up without the Boyle county offensive line dominating up front in the run game. They blocked our bigs one on one, and we're able to get bodies on our backers. I honestly don't think it mattered who was running the ball behind those guys, they would've had success. That being said, I think most of those big guys are gone for Boyle after this season. I know Corbin returns most of the guy's on the line and a lot of skill as well. I actually think Corbin will match up better with Boyle next season than they did this season. There is a TON of work to do between now and then though. Good luck to all, congrats to Boyle on their state title. Hopefully we'll get ours next year.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I think the seniors from Boyle were pretty under appreciated by the Boyle posters. Don't get me wrong, the sophomore skill guys did some great things, but those pass plays don't open up without the Boyle county offensive line dominating up front in the run game. They blocked our bigs one on one, and we're able to get bodies on our backers. I honestly don't think it mattered who was running the ball behind those guys, they would've had success. That being said, I think most of those big guys are gone for Boyle after this season. I know Corbin returns most of the guy's on the line and a lot of skill as well. I actually think Corbin will match up better with Boyle next season than they did this season. There is a TON of work to do between now and then though. Good luck to all, congrats to Boyle on their state title. Hopefully we'll get ours next year.

I don’t think they’re under appreciated at all. The OLine will have some huge holes and some defensive holes as well. But they will grow into it. If they play again next year, can’t wait to see it again. :igiveup:
FoSho Wrote:And to continue another topic from the other thread, Boyle County will be a 4A school in the next realignment. Enrollment is the highest that it's ever been at the present time.

I do not think that will hurt Boyle at all.
HOFER Wrote:The kids like to play for coach Haddix. That makes a huge difference when you can get all the athletes to come out. Having a coach you want to play and win for is big compared to having coaches that you play in spite of. When I think back to the early to mid 2000s and some of the athletes Corbin had that didn't play football it makes me wonder if we couldn't have won a championship or two in that time span if we had a coach that could of got them to come out.

I forgot who was coach then? I remember Corbin, at times could be classy (now this is a guy outside of Corbin giving an opinionated take on their coaches, so please bear with me). But at times we'd play and it was fine, nice and classy by Corbin. But once in the early 2000's we played Corbin close, for the first time ever, I think the final was maybe a 7 point loss (Casey county). A Corbin coach threatened our player, threatened the ref. He went ballistic, had to be contained, and eventually, if I recall, the police were called. I'm not remembering who the head coach was at that time. My buddy doing chains heard it all. I can't remember if anyone was arrested or not. That could be the staff you're eluding to?
Jack Lambert Wrote:May I ask where you're getting your enrollment numbers? I work for Boyle County Schools, and I'm being told just the opposite.

What is the number of male enrollment for 3A Belfry’s got about 348 male and about 650 total in my in the school
Attendance was 43,005 after Saturday. 3A and 5A set records. 6A game still out. Last year attendance was 34,052 for all 6 games.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:What is the number of male enrollment for 3A Belfry’s got about 348 male and about 650 total in my in the school

Realignment is figured on the number of male students 10th - 12th grade, according to KHSAA 2016-2017 enrollment numbers Boyle has 312 male students from grades 10-12.
Wildcat45 Wrote:So, the last thread was shut down because it was mentioned about what the announcer said during the game? My bad... I honestly didn’t mean to shut down a thread

Wildcat45......Cam bam,bam Sizemore is my cousin you can rest assured nobody in the Sizemore family is mad at the announcer, matter of fact it was an honor for my cousin to be call Jared Lorenzo. Cam dads likes the name tho Cameron The Helfy Lefty Sizemore :truestory:
footballfever Wrote:Attendance was 43,005 after Saturday. 3A and 5A set records. 6A game still out. Last year attendance was 34,052 for all 6 games.

6A attendance 9,791 Boyle and Corbin drew the largest crowd.
17-18 enrollment numbers Boyle has 354 male students from grades 10-12.
WhoYaWith Wrote:17-18 enrollment numbers Boyle has 354 male students from grades 10-12.

2016-2017 was the most recent numbers I could find on the KHSAA website, where did you find 2017-2018 numbers?
footballfever Wrote:Attendance was 43,005 after Saturday. 3A and 5A set records. 6A game still out. Last year attendance was 34,052 for all 6 games.

I was surprised by the number of fans at the Boyle/ Corbin game.
KDE website

District/School Support > Student Enrollment > Growth Factor Reports. The report name is GF 2017-18 Ethnic Membership Report. It is an excel file.
pjdoug Wrote:I was surprised by the number of fans at the Boyle/ Corbin game.

I wasn’t.

Corbin hasn’t been in the finals since the early 00’s have they?

Boyle hasn’t been since 2010. Two hungry fan bases.
Hatz Wrote:I wasn’t.

Corbin hasn’t been in the finals since the early 00’s have they?

Boyle hasn’t been since 2010. Two hungry fan bases.

I was, because attendance for this year's 3A game was probably about as much as the 2015 and 2016 combined in Bowling Green. it was nice to drive half the distance and see less empty seats Smile
WhoYaWith Wrote:KDE website

District/School Support > Student Enrollment > Growth Factor Reports. The report name is GF 2017-18 Ethnic Membership Report. It is an excel file.

Gotcha
This is from the same data set that is sent to KHSAA. It is also the same data set that is sent to determine the band competition alignments. This published report is just a rollup for the school district. The actual file sent has the actual breakdown for every school in the district. If the district has only one high school then the numbers are accurate unless the district has an alternative school.
WhoYaWith Wrote:17-18 enrollment numbers Boyle has 354 male students from grades 10-12.

Belfry only has 348 male in the whole school 9-12
People's said Corbin got out coached because Boyle done the same thing all night and would throw something different in and catch the Corbin staff off guard. They seems to stay a step ahead all night. I think that was part of it but also Corbin couldn't do anything about it. JMHO
Pages: 1 2 3 4