Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County 40 Corbin 21 (3A State Championship)
I was in the tunnel with the team as they came out the first time. Looked a little nervous. By the time they got settled down, it was to little to late!!!
64SUR Wrote:From the upper deck in the stadium it looked like to me Corbin got screwed on a touchdown pass and a interception......just saying and boo-hooing :Sad04:

You definitely did on the TD but so did Boyle on theirs. I've seen a photo that shows Smith's toe is touching.
Boyle executed almost flawlessly. I️ know the skill kids played lights out, but Lanter looked very poised getting them the ball as a sophomore playing in the big game. The 2 questionable calls hurt Corbin, but still couldn’t take advantage of when they did have the ball in scoring position.
Boyle was bigger and better up front. Congrats Boyle
I never understood why Corbin didn't go back to #25 in the Red Zone. He made a great play getting the DB on his back for his TD but they never went back there again.

Also didn't run the Wheel route to #12 as much as I thought they could after the way it worked on the First Drive.
Lanter the QB was MVP
Rip/Spin Wrote:You definitely did on the TD but so did Boyle on theirs. I've seen a photo that shows Smith's toe is touching.

I thought it was a TD by Smith as well. Looked definitely like his toe got in right as he grabbed it.

A lot of woulda, couldas for both teams. I don't think it changes the outcome.

One thing that has always amazed me about Chuck Smith's teams in the Title Games: He is 6-1 now.

And this game tonight was the closest of the 6 wins he has had. He just seems to punch up the right game plans for the big game.
I won't sleep all night. I hope we go to 4A. Boyle is just too good. We need to move. HOUNDS got several bad calls I was told.
blackandgold4life Wrote:Lanter the QB was MVP

I thought I saw Smith being named MVP and the announcers saying him.

Lanter had a great game but Smith had Offense and defensive numbers to qualify him IMO.
Leader Wrote:I won't sleep all night. I hope we go to 4A. Boyle is just too good. We need to move. HOUNDS got several bad calls I was told.

There were some that I thought went against them. Boyle had a couple go against them.

I still think that it might have only changed the final margin.
Hatz Wrote:Reese Smith was MVP. 4 TD catches and 2 Interceptions will do it.
That's number 15 right? Corbins defensive backs couldn't even stay within a step of him. And he's just a sophomore? Bright future for that young man.
HOFER Wrote:That's number 15 right? Corbins defensive backs couldn't even stay within a step of him. And he's just a sophomore? Bright future for that young man.

Yes. This is a Sophomore dominated team in the skill positions. The OLine will return only 1 or 2 but the rest of the team is mainly Juniors and Sophomores.
Way to go Rebels !
For the first time ever, I was on my good friend 64's side and able to cheer for his team. I'm sorry it didn't do any good for them. When you play at this point, you have to not only be good but, be lucky.
mysonis55 Wrote:For the first time ever, I was on my good friend 64's side and able to cheer for his team. I'm sorry it didn't do any good for them. When you play at this point, you have to not only be good but, be lucky.

So are you saying you were the unlucky curse? :biggrin:
footballfever Wrote:Was an entertaining game. Play here or there could have made it closer at end.
Hate I missed PJ and Gut at Drakes. You guys are like ninjas. I don’t think anyone has ever seen you! 😁🏈🏈🍺

All you have to do is look. lol
Hatz Wrote:I never understood why Corbin didn't go back to #25 in the Red Zone. He made a great play getting the DB on his back for his TD but they never went back there again.

Also didn't run the Wheel route to #12 as much as I thought they could after the way it worked on the First Drive.
Sizemore was letting go of the ball a little late. The receivers were losing their cushion waiting on the ball. That's not usually a problem he has. I think the bright lights got to him a little. He's a good kid, had a heck of a career as a redhound and has nothing to hang his head about. Wish we had 10 more of him. Can't win em all.
pjdoug Wrote:All you have to do is look. lol

My bad. I was there, you saw me and you didn’t come get your refreshing soda on me. You and Gut are ninjas.
Tough loss for the hounds. I thought they would have a tough time. I thought it would be a lower scoring game.
Congrats Boyle County. They were well coached and had great team speed.
Congrats to Corbin on a great season.
Was very surprised at the high score of this game, but I love the outcome. Go Rebels
Boyle owned us up front. They made big plays in the passing game but it was set up by how efficiently they ran two running plays. It was same thing, over and over. TE in motion, single back off tackle, then a counter-trey off that. Automatic 5 yards whenever they went to it. Once in a while they'd throw out of that set and catch us sleeping. Just got beat by a better team.
No way Corbin coaching staff got out coached. Dream on. We have to much experience. We got riped
The better, more athletic team won this game! Congrats Rebels! You had a whale of a team! Those Olineman were the best we have seen all season. No doubt about that!
Leader Wrote:No way Corbin coaching staff got out coached. Dream on. We have to much experience. We got riped
You got smoked! It could have been much worse. The penalty yards against BC were much greater than against Corbin. BC was the better team by a bunch.
Boyle was definitely the better team tonight. I don’t know if it would have changed the out come or not?? But those “calls” and “missed calls I.e. TD” took the wind right out of us. You give us that TD right before the half, THAT was a TD and the. Opening up in the 2nd half we ran the kick back, we would have been down 5 points I believe?? (Those refs have got me a bothered up) not saying at all we would have won. But I think it killed our momentum and desire we had. I’m not making excuses, BOYLE WAS THE BETTER TEAM TONIGHT. But those bad calls by the refs killed us in more plays than the direct ones they effected, is a fact. Boyle won the battle up front all night. That was the key. QB never really had much pressure, eventually someone was gonna be open. The counter trey was big for them too! We put our guys where they were supposed to be but the cut back was always there. Oh well, still thought it was a great game! Once again congrats to boyle!!! They’re the Champs. But the Hounds played and had an OUTSTANDING season, nothing to hang you head on at all!!! 99% of the teams I’m ky would love to have just been where they were tonight. The best part about this is, while I hate to lose any kid. We bring back a whole lot of starters. 25 juniors. The future is bright for the redhounds
Hatz Wrote:The Corbin MVP was Estep.

Boyle's was Smith.

Just got back from the game and not read the entire thread yet but Lanter got MVP (Soph. quarterback)
I enjoyed getting to meet and hang for a bit with Hound05 and CS17. Thanks guys, great to get to meet you both!
Congratulations Boyle County on bringing home #8 to Titletown USA! Chuck had his players ready from the get go. When you can run the ball like we did the passing game opens up and we become a very difficult team to beat to go along with a hard nose defense that stops the run. Right now It's great to be from Boyle County!

Congratulation to Corbin on a fine season!
The Spread Wrote:Boyle owned us up front. They made big plays in the passing game but it was set up by how efficiently they ran two running plays. It was same thing, over and over. TE in motion, single back off tackle, then a counter-trey off that. Automatic 5 yards whenever they went to it. Once in a while they'd throw out of that set and catch us sleeping. Just got beat by a better team.

Great analysis. It couldn't be stopped, at least tonight.
I got to see mostly class from the fan bases tonight. That was pleasant to see.