Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Franklin Simpson
12.50%
Johnson Central
87.50%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Franklin Simpson vs. Johnson Central (4A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP)
mysonis55 Wrote:I would like to say that revenge may make a difference. But, I don't like FS chances. I saw how they struggled with the same Hopkinsville team that Mayfield put a running clock on.

Were you able to see the game in person? FS came out flat for the first qtr. but then exploded and blew them out. 35 unanswered. Held them to almost nothing on offense in the rest of the game. It wasn’t a struggle they didn’t start playing until the 2nd qtr. lol
Hoptown wasn’t the same team late in the year as they were early on. Their new coach put things together after those early losses. Of course Mayfield would beat them no matter when they played them. Mayfield is Mayfield.
Mcats10 Wrote:[quote=Hoot Gibson]It is very unlikely that Franklin Simpson has closed a 49 point gap in one season. A run-first team does not stand much of a chance against Johnson Central. FS will probably score but not nearly enough.

JC 45 FS 14[/QUOTE

You don’t have to close a 49 point gap, because graduation does that for you. Both teams lost a lot of good players, but returned a lot too. I really think this will be closer than most think. Both are run first teams, and both are stout against the run. FS 21-16
The difference is JC returned a lot of players from a team that won a first half running clock game a year ago. Ashland showed that JC can lose a game under those circumstances if JC loses the turnover battle by a large margin, but I like the Golden Eagles chances against the fourth best team in 4A.
Johnson Central 55 Franklin Simpson 8 Repeat of last years game and Running Clock
Johnson Central 35
Franklin Simpson 21

I think JC repeats. Best of luck to both teams!
The All-Time series history; JC leads 1-0

2016: Johnson Central 48-0 ***4A State Championship***
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I haven't made my mine up on this game yet. when I do, I post it.
42-21 JC wins.
JC & F-S have no common opponents this season.
Just like the Wayne game this game is going to be a lot closer then last year. It’s hard for me to see a running team like Franklin-Simpson being able to win the battle in the trenches against this physical JC team. Ryley Preece and Blake Gamble will this team to a second state championship win. So proud of the program Matney, his staff, and all the players before have built that JC is in its third consecutive state championship game.

JC-34
FS-21
All mileage comes from GoogleMaps. Starting point is JCHS to Said high school/Location based on a One Way trip.

Henry Clay: 114 miles
South Charleston, WV.: 105 miles
Moore: 184 miles
Greenup County: 84 miles
Ashland: 64 miles (Twice)
Belfry: 58 miles
Scott: 189 miles
Wayne County: 186 miles
Kroger Field: 118 miles

We've been from Louisville to Charleston, WV. & from the Ohio border to the Tennessee border in back to back weeks.

Nine true road games and the state championship has JC playing on the road ten of their fifteen games.
cj2561 Wrote:I haven't made my mine up on this game yet. when I do, I post it.

We'll be right here on the edge of our seats!
Really amazing how Coach Matney turned the program around so quickly! Kids want to play well for him. I saw that during Rookie League baseball this past summer, they listened and did what he instructed them to do. Great coach and a better man.
ekywildcat Wrote:Really amazing how Coach Matney turned the program around so quickly! Kids want to play well for him. I saw that during Rookie League baseball this past summer, they listened and did what he instructed them to do. Great coach and a better man.

In 2003 season, we finished the season with about 35-40 players.

When Jim came to JC in 2004, our numbers went up to well over 50. Several of the players that didn't come out in the '03 season was on the field and making plays in the '04 season.
Since then, our numbers have stayed around the 55 to 65 players, some seasons we've had more on the roster.

JC is one of the largest 4A schools by population in the state, maybe even the largest. The talent has always been there. The right coach at the right time came along and was able to keep the football field from being turned in to a parking lot.

'00: 11-1 (This was the best season in JC's history up to this point)
'01: 2-8
'02: 2-8
'03: 1-9
'04: 7-3
'05: 8-3
'06: 13-1 - This was the rumored (and I stress the word rumored) year the football field was projected to be turned in to a parking lot if the football program didn't improve by then. However on that cold Friday night after Thanksgiving, we were playing in our first ever semi-state game and had the largest crowd for a football game in school history.
Eleven years later we've played in three straight state championship games and have put up one 4A state championship billboard with more to come.
Eagles by 28 plus.
I may have to splurge and get the $25 Keeneland Paddock seats.

I wonder if that price also includes access to the super secret Kroger Field WiFi?
Pulp Fiction Wrote:In 2003 season, we finished the season with about 35-40 players.

When Jim came to JC in 2004, our numbers went up to well over 50. Several of the players that didn't come out in the '03 season was on the field and making plays in the '04 season.
Since then, our numbers have stayed around the 55 to 65 players, some seasons we've had more on the roster.

JC is one of the largest 4A schools by population in the state, maybe even the largest. The talent has always been there. The right coach at the right time came along and was able to keep the football field from being turned in to a parking lot.

'00: 11-1 (This was the best season in JC's history up to this point)
'01: 2-8
'02: 2-8
'03: 1-9
'04: 7-3
'05: 8-3
'06: 13-1 - This was the rumored (and I stress the word rumored) year the football field was projected to be turned in to a parking lot if the football program didn't improve by then. However on that cold Friday night after Thanksgiving, we were playing in our first ever semi-state game and had the largest crowd for a football game in school history.
Eleven years later we've played in three straight state championship games and have put up one 4A state championship billboard with more to come.

And even worse before Pulp. Can't remember either my fresh or soph year at JC we were 0-10 on the season. That woulda been 92 or 93. I said then that we had more talent at Johnson Central walking the halls than we did on the field! That talent is now playing every year!
Johnson Central by 16
http://jcgoldeneagles.bigteams.com/main/...Id/4277849
This is the link for the complete Johnson Central football history. It is updated through last season. Once this season is completed, the files will be updated one day next week.

http://www.jcgoldeneagles.com
This is the official website of Johnson Central athletics.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:And even worse before Pulp. Can't remember either my fresh or soph year at JC we were 0-10 on the season. That woulda been 92 or 93. I said then that we had more talent at Johnson Central walking the halls than we did on the field! That talent is now playing every year!

1990: 3-8
1991: 2-8
1993: 0-10
5-26

2001: 2-8
2002: 2-8
2003: 1-9
5-25

We've had two different times when football wasn't the hottest sport at JC. These are the three worst consecutive W/L records in program history.

We might get knocked down, but we ain't staying down for long!
Franklin-Simpson has been a member of the KHSAA since 1920.
Johnson Central has been a member of the KHSAA since 1968.

Johnson Central is 1-1 in State Championship games.
2016; 4A - Franklin-Simpson 48-0 W.

2015: 4A - South Warren 6-36.

Franklin-Simpson is 2-6 in State Championship games.
2016; 4A - Johnson Central 0-48.
2011; 4A - Highlands 14-42.
1995; 2A - Breathitt County 35-42 2OT.
1983; 3A - Conner 7-12.
1982; 3A - Highlands 0-6.
1980; 3A - Conner 16-0 W.
1979; 3A - Belfry 33-0 W.

1975; 3A - Highlands 0-21.
FWIW.... JC met the eventual state champions in the playoffs five out of six seasons from '06-'11. Several in Johnsonville believe JC owns at least two or three more state titles had we not met Cov. Cath or Highlands.

2006; 3A - Covington Catholic. (14-38)
Semi-State.

2008; 5A - Highlands. (21-35)
Regional Finals.

2009; 5A - @ Highlands. (21-42)
Regional Finals.

2010; 5A - Highlands. (14-21)
Regional Finals.

2011; 4A - @ Highlands. (20-67)
2nd Round.

The '06, '08, '10 teams had the best chance to get the Golden Football, but that's why you play the game. The teams that beat us out were better. As much as it sucked then, those games showed us we needed to step our game up.... and we have.
Johnsonville 28-14
Does anyone know why California has earthquakes, Chicago has all the crime, Florida has the devastating storms and Johnson Central has Pulp Fiction?.....................................................................Johnson Central had 4th pick.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
THOMCAT Wrote:Does anyone know why California has earthquakes, Chicago has all the crime, Florida has the devastating storms and Johnson Central has Pulp Fiction?.....................................................................Johnson Central had 4th pick.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

California was eliminated by my agent!
Chicago said I was too dangerous for their city!
Florida couldn't withstand getting hit by Hurricane Pulp Fiction!

[Image: https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-83...4fca374b86]

[Image: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/image...XACwksOkPA]

For a lesser school, not having their band come to the semi-state game might be a problem..... But when Pulp Fiction comes to town, he brings is own sound system.
And yes, I contacted JC's Principal & AD days before the Wayne County game and before I set the system up at the game just to make sure both were ok with it. I've had MULTIPLE people message me and tell me in person that they appreciated the effort. I didn't do it for me, I did that because our team deserved to at least have their school's fight song played when the situation dictated.
Wayne County's AD wasn't to happy about it though Big Grin
As someone who recently wore the black and gold I can say I know how this program works. The defense is stout. If you want to win you have to pass. The secondary is not as solid as when I was there but they can make plays. Size is the problem. FS will try to run the ball but we've always been taught to swarm the ball. I'll take JC by 3 scores.
Johnson Central's 2017 Opponent W/L records through 14 games (12-2).
W - Capital, WV.: 9-4
W - Henry Clay: 6-6
W - South Charleston, WV.: 4-7
W - Moore: 6-5
W - Boyd County: 0-10
W - East Carter: 4-6
W - Greenup County: 6-5
W - Rowan County: 3-8
L/W - Ashland: 10-3 (X2)
L - Belfry: 11-2
W - Mason County: 7-4
W - Scott: 8-4
W - Wayne County: 12-2
TOTAL: 96-69
Franklin-Simpsons 2017 Opponent W/L records through 14 games (11-3).
L - ETown: 12-2
W - Monroe County: 9-4
L - South Warren: 11-3
W - Greenwood: 4-8
L - Meade County: 5-6
W - Glasgow: 10-4
W - Allen County-Scottsville: 7-4
W - Warren Central: 0-11
W - Warren East: 6-5
W - Russellville: 7-5
W - Hopkins County Central: 2-9
W - Madisonville-North Hopkins: 7-5
W - Hoptown: 6-7
W - Collins: 11-3
TOTAL: 97-76
Pulp,
I was shocked when I heard the school fight song behind us after the first score. I actually turned to look for the band.

It was really nice hearing that for our team. Thank you!
Oh Lord!! Don't blow him up!!! He's already touting his talent!!!
Granny Bear Wrote:Oh Lord!! Don't blow him up!!! He's already touting his talent!!!

It's no surprise why I have all of these nicknames....

Mr. Perfect, Pulp Fiction
[Image: https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/psy...0321170252]

The Genius, Pulp Fiction
[Image: http://www.sportsworldcards.com/ekmps/sh...5736-p.jpg]

Mr. Wonderful, Pulp Fiction
[Image: http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/Card...1-80Fr.jpg]

Pulp "The Brain" Fiction
[Image: http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/Card...1-75Fr.jpg]

[Image: http://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/q...-17-26.jpg]
"The Best there is, The Best there was and the Best there ever will be!!!" - Pulp Fiction

[Image: http://static2.nydailynews.com/polopoly_...rtrait.jpg]
"I am the Greatest!!!" - Pulp Fiction