Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Franklin Simpson vs. Johnson Central (4A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thoughts?
Going with the Eagles to win back to back.
Let's go EAGLES
Eagles all the way!!!
Johnson Central... good luck Golden Eagles!
Johnson Central 42
Franklin Simpson 28
Johnson central big.
Johnson Central - 42
Franklin Simpson - 21
My Eagles all the way
JC Wins!
Johnson Central with second straight 4A State Title!!
Cats win this one!
Johnson Central 44
Franklin Simpson 21
It is very unlikely that Franklin Simpson has closed a 49 point gap in one season. A run-first team does not stand much of a chance against Johnson Central. FS will probably score but not nearly enough.

JC 45 FS 14
Johnson Central 45 Franklin Simpson 22
Johnson Central 48
Franklin Simpson 7

Hey Bob!
Johnson Central 31-28
JC 45-14. Bring it on home to the mountains again.
Hoping for a Golden Eagle win, but just happy I have lived to see the day where Central will be playing in its third straight state title game. When I was in HS, watching 0-10 football, if you had told me one day this would be happening...I’m thankful and proud to be a Golden Eagle, whatever the outcome this weekend.
Johnson Central will win this one on the ground mountain man style up the middle. :Cheerlead

Johnson Central 35
Franklin-Simpson 14
Diogenes Wrote:Hoping for a Golden Eagle win, but just happy I have lived to see the day where Central will be playing in its third straight state title game. When I was in HS, watching 0-10 football, if you had told me one day this would be happening...I’m thankful and proud to be a Golden Eagle, whatever the outcome this weekend.

Well said. Watching the teams go 5-25 from '02-'04 was painful. Scoring touchdowns were an accomplishment.

I guess that's why people like us are such big fans being 15+ years removed from being students. Our school is playing in their third straight state championship game.... MY SCHOOL IS PLAYING IN THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!!!!

Traveling to Scott, Ashland & Wayne County in succession made for long nights, but every mile has been worth it. Last year was our year... We knew the big golden football was coming back to Johnsonville before the season started. This year's team has earned their spot in the state finals. Nine games on the road between the regular & post-season. Alot of people thought we were dead in the water after loosing in back to back weeks. In true JC fashion, the seniors stepped up and righted the ship.

#DefendTheRing
Diogenes Wrote:Hoping for a Golden Eagle win, but just happy I have lived to see the day where Central will be playing in its third straight state title game. When I was in HS, watching 0-10 football, if you had told me one day this would be happening...I’m thankful and proud to be a Golden Eagle, whatever the outcome this weekend.
Being a 1977 graduate of JC means that I have watched JC football from day one. I have witnessed some very bad football. After Coach Matney came to JC we were talking one day about how the program had turned around and how things were looking up. I stated to him that I fully believed that I would be standing on the sideline when he coached JC in a state title game. I am proud to be a small part of the program and I am so proud of my former middle school players.
And if it had not been for that pesky, sometimes nationally ranked team from the north, JC may have very well had 2 or 3 more state titles in the last 10 years or so as well...
checkmate9113 Wrote:Johnson Central 48
Franklin Simpson 7

Hey Bob!

Oh, I get it...So now you're going to try and jinx them.
Johnson Central
7-2 vs top 7000
2-1 vs top 2000

Franklin-Simpson
8-3 vs top 7000
0-2 vs top 2000
JC by 10
Just goes to show what a good coach that pushes his players to wrestle in the off season can do for a school.
Im a believer in wrestling helps all other sports.
stripedofficial Wrote:Just goes to show what a good coach that pushes his players to wrestle in the off season can do for a school.
Im a believer in wrestling helps all other sports.
I can think of at least eight football starters (they're probably more) that are also on the varsity wrestling lineup.

Last year, JC's wrestling team finished 3rd in the state meet behind Union County & St. Xavier. Wrestling isn't classed like football.
Below are starters from the 2016 state champion football team that also placed in the state wrestling meet. There are fourteen weight classes in high school wrestling, seven of the fourteen weight classes had place winners that compete in football & wrestling. Other varsity football players advanced to the state meet, but didn't place.

(RB/DB) 4th – Blake Gamble; 145 lbs.
(WR/DB) 1st – Geordon Blanton; 160 lbs. ***State Champion***
(RB) 2nd – Joe Jackson; 170 lbs.
(DL) 6th – Matthew Horn; 182 lbs.
(OL) 4th – Brady Taylor; 195 lbs.
(DL) 3rd – Alex Horn; 220 lbs.
(OL) 4th – Byron Pierce; 285 lbs.
I would like to say that revenge may make a difference. But, I don't like FS chances. I saw how they struggled with the same Hopkinsville team that Mayfield put a running clock on.
[quote=Hoot Gibson]It is very unlikely that Franklin Simpson has closed a 49 point gap in one season. A run-first team does not stand much of a chance against Johnson Central. FS will probably score but not nearly enough.

JC 45 FS 14[/QUOTE

You don’t have to close a 49 point gap, because graduation does that for you. Both teams lost a lot of good players, but returned a lot too. I really think this will be closer than most think. Both are run first teams, and both are stout against the run. FS 21-16
Pages: 1 2 3