Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Max preps top 25
That was sarcasm for those who take everything literal. Bullitt East is in the top 7000. I guess they're a pretty damn good football team. Don't get me wrong, I love max preps. But being in the top 7000 sure as hell doesn't make you a good football team. If Belfry schedules 10 teams in the top 7000 does that make them better?
Fundamentals Wrote:That was sarcasm for those who take everything literal. Bullitt East is in the top 7000. I guess they're a pretty damn good football team. Don't get me wrong, I love max preps. But being in the top 7000 sure as hell doesn't make you a good football team. If Belfry schedules 10 teams in the top 7000 does that make them better?
I do take people by what they say. I didn't say Bullitt East is a pretty damn good team. Apparently they are better than half the teams in america though.
Belfry is 4-1 vs top 7000. What is your actual question about them? If they scheduled 10 instead of 5 that would mean their schedule was hard but better than whom?
I don't have a question.I think we will see soon enough who is better than who. Good luck to everyone
Bullitt East is 1-6 vs top 7000 by the way.
These are way better than the Cantrell rankings.
Comparing the two polls, lots of overlap/agreement. Most notable differences seem to be assessments of South Oldham, Southwestern, Danville and LCA.

Covington Catholic (Cantrell 1 - MaxPreps 2)
Trinity (Cantrell 2 - MaxPreps - 1)
St. Xavier (Cantrell 3 - MaxPreps - 3)
Scott County (Cantrell 4 - MaxPreps - 4)
Male (Cantrell 5 - MaxPreps 6)
Boyle County (Cantrell 6 - MaxPreps 7)
Bowling Green (Cantrell 7 - MaxPreps 9)
Belfry (Cantrell 8 - MaxPreps 11)
Simon Kenton (Cantrell 9 - MaxPreps 15)
Mayfield (Cantrell 10 - MaxPreps 14)
South Oldham (Cantrell 11 - MaxPreps NR)
Christian County (Cantrell 12t - MaxPreps 22)
Ryle (Cantrell 12t - MaxPreps 16)
DeSales (Cantrell 14 - MaxPreps 10)
Pleasure Ridge Park (Cantrell 15 - MaxPreps 18)
Frederick Douglass (Cantrell 16 - MaxPreps 19)
Southwestern (Cantrell 17 - MaxPreps NR)
Danville (Cantrell 18 - MaxPreps 5)
Elizabethtown (Cantrell 19 - MaxPreps NR)
Lexington Christian (Cantrell 20 - MaxPreps 8)
Butler (Cantrell 21 - MaxPreps 17)
Central (Cantrell 22 - MaxPreps 24)
South Warren (Cantrell 23 - MaxPreps 23)
Beechwood (Cantrell 24 - MaxPreps 20)
Tates Creek (Cantrell 25 - MaxPreps 21)

Also, three notable teams absent from Cantrell's Top 25:

Corbin (Cantrell NR - MaxPreps 12)
Wayne County (Cantrell NR - MaxPreps 13)
CAL (Cantrell NR - MaxPreps 25)
5 of the 6 title game favorites from page 1 of this thread are still alive and ready to win this weekend. Johnson Central was a #2 and are now favored to win.
Interesting thread to go back and re-read some of the comments almost a month later.
Rebel55 Wrote:Interesting thread to go back and re-read some of the comments almost a month later.

I said that Belfry had a tougher road next year than this season because of Boyle Co and Lexington Catholic being in the region and it was speculated that would be better. Doesn't Boyle County and LC return large portions of their teams next season?
Fundamentals Wrote:Hard to believe Boyle and Danville are both higher than Belfry

99PIRATEFAN Wrote:They will be until December rolls around

This is one of my favorites. :Shaking:
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:I said that Belfry had a tougher road next year than this season because of Boyle Co and Lexington Catholic being in the region and it was speculated that would be better. Doesn't Boyle County and LC return large portions of their teams next season?

I know Boyle returns most of their starters on both sides of the ball.

Lex Cath returns that QB and I'm sure some other very good talent. :Thumbs:
Hatz Wrote:I know Boyle returns most of their starters on both sides of the ball.

Lex Cath returns that QB and I'm sure some other very good talent. :Thumbs:

Whoever the **#%*# can recruit. :HitWall:
I was wrong. I'll take my crow. However, Belfry would still mop up Boyle and Danville 😂. All jokes aside good luck to everyone in the championship. The better teams won
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Honestly....that sounds easier. District 4 would be traveling to District 6...so that's a home game. With Sizemore graduating.....IMO...at least at this point in time....Corbin would appear to be less daunting on the road.

There's change coming though.....because I don't see Belfry being able to maintain their 3A status beyond 2018. I look for them to slide to 2A. Enrollment continues to drop....not only in the HS...but dramatically in the elementary and middle school.

If that occurs.....I'm sure several 3A programs around the state will take a collective sigh of relief. :biggrin:

They won’t move down unless Haywood retires he’s happy right where they got us Russell stayed in 3A since 07 they was suppose to be a 2A team first me he’s happy where he’s at
Fundamentals Wrote:I was wrong. I'll take my crow. However, Belfry would still mop up Boyle and Danville 😂. All jokes aside good luck to everyone in the championship. The better teams won

Don't think so. :biglmao:
campbellfield Wrote:# School Ovr. Rating Str. +/-
1 Trinity (Louisville) 11-0 68.8 21.2 --
2 Covington Catholic (Park Hills) 11-0 58.3 22.5 --
3 St. Xavier (Louisville) 9-2 56.7 34.3 --
4 Scott County (Georgetown) 9-2 46.4 18.9 +1
5 Danville 11-0 45.5 10.4 -1
6 Male (Louisville) 9-2 45.5 25.6 +1
7 Boyle County (Danville) 10-1 43.5 13.2 -1
8 Lexington Christian (Lexington) 10-1 38.2 6.9 --
9 Bowling Green 9-2 36.9 8.2 +7
10 DeSales (Louisville) 11-0 36.1 2.5 -1
11 Belfry 10-1 34.8 4.9 +2
12 Corbin 10-1 34.7 5.1 -1
13 Wayne County (Monticello) 10-1 34.5 7.3 +2
14 Mayfield 10-1 34.1 -0.5 --
15 Simon Kenton (Independence) 10-1 33.9 10.4 -3
16 Ryle (Union) 8-3 33.6 25.5 -6
17 Butler (Louisville) 7-4 33.1 27.0 +7
18 Pleasure Ridge Park (Louisville) 7-4 33.1 24.2 -1
19 Frederick Douglass (Lexington) 9-2 31.4 17.3 +1
20 Beechwood (Fort Mitchell) 8-2 31.1 9.1 -1
21 Tates Creek (Lexington) 9-2 30.7 13.4 +2
22 Christian County (Hopkinsville) 11-0 30.4 4.0 -4
23 South Warren (Bowling Green) 9-2 29.5 6.9 +11
24 Central (Louisville) 9-2 29.3 10.1 -2
25 Christian Academy-Louisville (Louisville) 9-2 29.1 6.3 -4
Central waxed belfry good johnson central beat belfry and Corbin beats central. Yet Corbin and central are both lower than belfry and johnson central isn't even ranked and their going to win a state championship today something's wrong with that picture in my book
DarrinC Wrote:Central waxed belfry good johnson central beat belfry and Corbin beats central. Yet Corbin and central are both lower than belfry and johnson central isn't even ranked and their going to win a state championship today something's wrong with that picture in my book

Belfry beat Johnson Central by a large margin.
DarrinC Wrote:Central waxed belfry good johnson central beat belfry and Corbin beats central. Yet Corbin and central are both lower than belfry and johnson central isn't even ranked and their going to win a state championship today something's wrong with that picture in my book
Johnson Central lost to Belfry on the road. The current MaxPreps ranking has Johnson Central at #8. Depending on how they play today, I expect the Golden Eagles to rise another spot or two.

What a lot of people seem to forget is that junior Joe Jackson's season ended in the first game of the season after rushing for more than 2,000 yards last season and averaging more than 13 ypc. Also, sophomore Cody Rice (who also averaged about 13 ypc last season) decided to play soccer this year and will be playing in only his third game of the season today.

This is an outstanding JC team that still has a very potent offense despite the loss of one of the top returning running backs in the state. The future looks very bright for the Golden Eagles, regardless of which teams may move to 4A in the next couple of seasons - and Johnson County Middle School just won another middle school state title.

I sure it makes you happy that Belfry as you put it got maxed. Belfry had key players out JC is a really good team they definitely should have been ranked they can beat most of the teams in the rankings
Interesting to look back and see every state champ included in this Top 25 except for Class AAAA...not a single team listed, unless I’ve missed one.
Gitback Coach Wrote:Interesting to look back and see every state champ included in this Top 25 except for Class AAAA...not a single team listed, unless I’ve missed one.

NO RESPECT!!! No respect at all.