Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Max preps top 25
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
# School Ovr. Rating Str. +/-
1 Trinity (Louisville) 11-0 68.8 21.2 --
2 Covington Catholic (Park Hills) 11-0 58.3 22.5 --
3 St. Xavier (Louisville) 9-2 56.7 34.3 --
4 Scott County (Georgetown) 9-2 46.4 18.9 +1
5 Danville 11-0 45.5 10.4 -1
6 Male (Louisville) 9-2 45.5 25.6 +1
7 Boyle County (Danville) 10-1 43.5 13.2 -1
8 Lexington Christian (Lexington) 10-1 38.2 6.9 --
9 Bowling Green 9-2 36.9 8.2 +7
10 DeSales (Louisville) 11-0 36.1 2.5 -1
11 Belfry 10-1 34.8 4.9 +2
12 Corbin 10-1 34.7 5.1 -1
13 Wayne County (Monticello) 10-1 34.5 7.3 +2
14 Mayfield 10-1 34.1 -0.5 --
15 Simon Kenton (Independence) 10-1 33.9 10.4 -3
16 Ryle (Union) 8-3 33.6 25.5 -6
17 Butler (Louisville) 7-4 33.1 27.0 +7
18 Pleasure Ridge Park (Louisville) 7-4 33.1 24.2 -1
19 Frederick Douglass (Lexington) 9-2 31.4 17.3 +1
20 Beechwood (Fort Mitchell) 8-2 31.1 9.1 -1
21 Tates Creek (Lexington) 9-2 30.7 13.4 +2
22 Christian County (Hopkinsville) 11-0 30.4 4.0 -4
23 South Warren (Bowling Green) 9-2 29.5 6.9 +11
24 Central (Louisville) 9-2 29.3 10.1 -2
25 Christian Academy-Louisville (Louisville) 9-2 29.1 6.3 -4
Hell of a lot better than Cantrell's rankings. I'd probably put F. Douglas a little higher though and drop boyle down
I can't believe Central is that high...but I've bee wrong before. I know they play a crazy hard schedule at first, year in and out. But on film it doesn't look like those crazy good teams of the past. Central and Wayne ahead of Johnson Central...not sure if that'll end up that way in the end.
4a is down a lot this year so I kind of see the reasoning. But JC could still beat a handful of teams on this list. As far as central, I’m not sold either way yet. Maybe we shall see next week????
Hard to believe Boyle and Danville are both higher than Belfry
Better than Cantrell
Fundamentals Wrote:Hard to believe Boyle and Danville are both higher than Belfry

They will be until December rolls around
3A very well represented in the max prep top 25. Belfry...by far has the toughest route to Kroger Field. KHSAA must be getting tired of the annual PCN invasion in early December Smile Smile
It was just the rotation this year. Corbin had the almost exact same schedule 3 years ago. Had central in regional in semi and was a crazy play away from belfry at state.
Fundamentals Wrote:Hard to believe Boyle and Danville are both higher than Belfry

I'm not saying you are wrong but I wonder why?

Belfry's schedule had some difficult games from out of state but in state only Johnson Central was a contender. NCC and Pikeville were down from normal.

Boyle beat Wayne County and Collins (who might end up contenders to JC's crown). Like Belfry, they played some other teams that weren't on their usual level of play.

Danville however beat Boyle, Frederick Douglas, and LCA. Couple that with solid wins over Knox Central and Somerset and I think the Ads have probably played a better schedule (related to their size and classification) than Belfry or Boyle. Plus they are 10-0 vs that schedule.

Like I said I think there's a good case for Belfry being better but it's not like Boyle and especially Danville haven't proven themselves on the field. :Thumbs:
Top 7000 teams are teams that would be slightly above average nationally.
Danville is 9-0 vs top 7000 teams.
Boyle is 8-1
Belfry is 4-1
That's about 95% of what computer ratings look at.
Additionally vs top 1000 which is elite
Danville 1-0
Boyle 0-1
Belfry 0-1
For Comparison Trinity is 6-0 vs top 1000 elite teams.
Hatz Wrote:I'm not saying you are wrong but I wonder why?

Belfry's schedule had some difficult games from out of state but in state only Johnson Central was a contender. NCC and Pikeville were down from normal.

Boyle beat Wayne County and Collins (who might end up contenders to JC's crown). Like Belfry, they played some other teams that weren't on their usual level of play.

Danville however beat Boyle, Frederick Douglas, and LCA. Couple that with solid wins over Knox Central and Somerset and I think the Ads have probably played a better schedule (related to their size and classification) than Belfry or Boyle. Plus they are 10-0 vs that schedule.

Like I said I think there's a good case for Belfry being better but it's not like Boyle and especially Danville haven't proven themselves on the field. :Thumbs:

You make a good point with your reasoning on Danville. At least until proved otherwise. Boyle co however I just think anyone can justify them being that high. If that’s the case corbin should be higher. They’ve played mayfield, Alcoca, and beechwood. Only losing to beechwood on the road in a questionable game.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:3A very well represented in the max prep top 25. Belfry...by far has the toughest route to Kroger Field. KHSAA must be getting tired of the annual PCN invasion in early December Smile Smile

Think this year is tough? Wait until next season when Belfry's district 6 plays district 4 in the regional rounds. Boyle Co, Lexington Catholic, and Western Hills (Wandale Robinson) or Garrard County just to get to Corbin in the state semi finals at Corbin.
You are definitely right. There is a strong case for either side. However I don't see any of those teams posing a threat to Johnson Central. I guess we will find out soon enough 😁
adding Corbin to the mix
7-1 vs top 7000
0-0 vs top 1000
Johnson Central
4-2
and 0-0
also not in the same class.
Iam4thecats Wrote:adding Corbin to the mix
7-1 vs top 7000
0-0 vs top 1000

Which basically the same as Boyle. Like I said, I’ll give you Danville and I agree until proven otherwise. But if that’s the conditions to base these teams Corbin and Boyle are identical. And I still say, subjectively, Corbin > Boyle. Better defense. Offense is more diverse.
Hound05 Wrote:You make a good point with your reasoning on Danville. At least until proved otherwise. Boyle co however I just think anyone can justify them being that high. If that’s the case corbin should be higher. They’ve played mayfield, Alcoca, and beechwood. Only losing to beechwood on the road in a questionable game.

From looking at the rankings it seems that Boyle's 8-1 record vs. Top 7000 versus Corbin's 7-1 is probably the only reason for being a little higher.
Hound05 Wrote:Which basically the same as Boyle. Like I said, I’ll give you Danville and I agree until proven otherwise. But if that’s the conditions to base these teams Corbin and Boyle are identical. And I still say, subjectively, Corbin > Boyle. Better defense. Offense is more diverse.

Interesting here.

Corbin has given up 136 points and Boyle 142.

Corbin has scored 419 points to Boyle at 511.

Not sure one defense is all that better than the other and the offenses seem pretty potent for both teams.

On defense the Hounds have held Mayfield to their lowest point total of the season (17 points). Corbin's highest amounts given up were 36 to Beechwood and 21 to Alcoa & Knox Central.

Boyle held Danville to 10 points which is their lowest point total. Boyle's highest amount given up were 19 to Wageener and 17 to Lex Cath & Collins.
Hatz Wrote:Interesting here.

Corbin has given up 136 points and Boyle 142.

Corbin has scored 419 points to Boyle at 511.

Not sure one defense is all that better than the other and the offenses seem pretty potent for both teams.

On defense the Hounds have held Mayfield to their lowest point total of the season (17 points). Corbin's highest amounts given up were 36 to Beechwood and 21 to Alcoa & Knox Central.

Boyle held Danville to 10 points which is their lowest point total. Boyle's highest amount given up were 19 to Wageener and 17 to Lex Cath & Collins.

Good points, I also believe Boyle has had several early running clocks of late which allows opponents to score against JV/Freshman players and first team O to take a break from piling on points. I'm sure this has effected both Corbin and Boyle so not really sure it can be used in the discussion?!

Wasn't there a thread recently that listed each 3A teams SOS? If I remember correctly Boyle was very high on the list which may be a better indicator as to strength of a teams O/D.

On a side note..........there is also a QB thread that mentions stats for both teams QB's. They were two of the highest QBR on the board if memory serves correct.

It would be a great game if they could face off in Lex.
Iam4thecats Wrote:Johnson Central
4-2
and 0-0
also not in the same class.
Wayne and Collins are in the same class as Johnson Central. Boyle hasn't played anybody significant other than Danville to honest. Wayne and Collins schedules are hardly impressive.
Fundamentals Wrote:Wayne and Collins are in the same class as Johnson Central. Boyle hasn't played anybody significant other than Danville to honest. Wayne and Collins schedules are hardly impressive.

So we just throw out the data in the earlier numbers?
4a

Wayne
5-1
0-1

Johnson Central
4-2
and 0-0

Collins 4-2
0-1
Hatz Wrote:So we just throw out the data in the earlier numbers?
Are we being serious? Teams ranked in the top 7000? So you beat a team that is in the top 7000. Speaking immeasurable volumes there. As a whole I wonder how many teams are in the United States?
Fundamentals Wrote:Are we being serious? Teams ranked in the top 7000? So you beat a team that is in the top 7000. Speaking immeasurable volumes there. As a whole I wonder how many teams are in the United States?

A little over 14000. Thats why top 7000 matters. Teams with a pulse. Teams that would have a winning record in most states. Separates the wheat from the chaff in most schools schedule. Creates a clearer picture.
Just think of it like this
Top 7000= good
Top 2000= great
Top 1000= elite
Are we being serious? Yes, I am being serious.

Speaking immeasurable volumes there. Well actually the opposite of immeasurable, that's what maxpreps computer does(measure)
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Think this year is tough? Wait until next season when Belfry's district 6 plays district 4 in the regional rounds. Boyle Co, Lexington Catholic, and Western Hills (Wandale Robinson) or Garrard County just to get to Corbin in the state semi finals at Corbin.

Honestly....that sounds easier. District 4 would be traveling to District 6...so that's a home game. With Sizemore graduating.....IMO...at least at this point in time....Corbin would appear to be less daunting on the road.

There's change coming though.....because I don't see Belfry being able to maintain their 3A status beyond 2018. I look for them to slide to 2A. Enrollment continues to drop....not only in the HS...but dramatically in the elementary and middle school.

If that occurs.....I'm sure several 3A programs around the state will take a collective sigh of relief. :biggrin:
That was sarcasm for those who take everything literal. Bullitt East is in the top 7000. I guess they're a pretty damn good football team. Don't get me wrong, I love max preps. But being in the top 7000 sure as hell doesn't make you a good football team. If Belfry schedules 10 teams in the top 7000 does that make them better?
Pages: 1 2