Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County 27 Perry Central 20
Dores have proved to be much better than most were giving them credit for. Colonels stole a win tonight.
I knew some of the regular clowns who helped sink this site would not give Perry credit even after almost taking down Whitley, but it's nice to see someone give them a little for all the hard work they must have put in to improve.
The way most of the people were talking yesterday I didn't think perry would have a chance. Some were talking about running clock and emergency room visits. Talk about people who don't know football. From what I'm hearing perry gave it away. And zaga I'm sure these teams watch game film
KingCommodore Wrote:We were close and I am still here Gut. We are not a pushover. Good game Whitley. Go Dores!

Glad you're gonna stick around. Perry's got a good shot at pulling an upset or two.
bac2369 Wrote:I can agree Perry gave the game away. Perry had Whitleys number for most of the second half. A-1 must on the snapper to get them balls down and not over the head. That's exactly what costed them the game. If you get the punt off its untelling how it plays out. Both are solid teams and Perry has nothing to hang there heads about. Now if Perry can beat North Laurel then that will make a 3 way tie for 2nd, but Harlan County has to beat Perry for that to happen. There is still quite a few scenarios that can play out.

HC still has to beat Whitley at Whitley as well
Redwolf Wrote:I knew some of the regular clowns who helped sink this site would not give Perry credit even after almost taking down Whitley, but it's nice to see someone give them a little for all the hard work they must have put in to improve.

Somebody lacks the ability to notice sarcasm.
Just a little FYI, site views are better now than ever...
hitter Wrote:The way most of the people were talking yesterday I didn't think perry would have a chance. Some were talking about running clock and emergency room visits. Talk about people who don't know football. From what I'm hearing perry gave it away. And zaga I'm sure these teams watch game film

It was nice of Whitley to take it easy on Perry. Not many teams would do that.
Paparazzi Wrote:Very good game except for the penalties. Pcc gave the game away pure and simple. They had the ball up 6 with about 8 minutes to go and got multiple penalties and then a botched punt. Whitley has 10 tons of talent but why they throw it every down is beyond me. Jacob Woolum was once again the best player on the field. The commodores will be playing Harlan co for the district title guys. Harlan will beat Whitley and Pcc will beat North Laurel. Pcc and Harlan will have one loss and play for the title. That's a fact!
Whitley had way more penalties than PCC . Whitley just out played them. Pure and simple. The woolum kid was the best athlete on the field.
What was the scuffle about when they was shaking hands. And the PCC coach throwing his hat at Whitleys staff.
PETE THE GURU Wrote:What was the scuffle about when they was shaking hands. And the PCC coach throwing his hat at Whitleys staff.

I've heard a variety of stories.
But in all likelihood, several adults and players forgot this was just a game.
Wow, scuffle tell more. That might have been why the emergency was mentioned in previous thread. Jk had to mention that so someone would start jabbing some more. All in good times on the ole bluegrass site.
Corbin only put up 14 against Whitley...I don't understand this. McCreary Central almost beat Perry. And it sounds as if Perry should have won this game?? Weird.
smoke1015 Wrote:Corbin only put up 14 against Whitley...I don't understand this. McCreary Central almost beat Perry. And it sounds as if Perry should have won this game?? Weird.

I think it shows how much Whitley has digressed th is season ....
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think it shows how much Whitley has digressed th is season ....

Or the fact that corbin was looking at Alcoa instead of Whitley, didn't have offensive line in place either.
Coach Larkey has done a tremendous job with PCC this year. The old man can still coach.
E's Army Wrote:Coach Larkey has done a tremendous job with PCC this year. The old man can still coach.

Absolutely still on top of his game, kids buy in to a good coach the sky is the limit.
This Pcc team has come a long way this year. Get better ever game.
Perry much improved
Looks like they proved they belonged in discussion as best in district and not a roll over. They had a win and lost in end good job guys
Good luck rest of way
I am not sure what game most posters were at last night, not the same one I was. The one behind the elementary school , just outside Hazard? Perry Central ? Speaking of stealing!!
I will leave it at that. If you didn't make the trip, try to speak to someone that will give you the truth before personal feelings. I leave it at that.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think it shows how much Whitley has digressed th is season ....

So just a case of gotten worse instead of better? Inconsistency week to week? Or steady decline? Any key players hurt?
4 offensive starters out last night and 1 defense. That including #7. So much to this score of the game that you can't begin to make statements unless you were there. That is why it is so funny when some make blanket ASSumptions.
smoke1015 Wrote:So just a case of gotten worse instead of better? Inconsistency week to week? Or steady decline? Any key players hurt?

Steady decline IMO.
inconsistency in play calling has been a major factor.
Some players are hurt, but we have to remember this team is loaded with juniors and seniors. They should be able to handle the injuries. Line play still a big factor in hurting Whitley.
Gut, were you able to make the game last night?
At the end of the night Whitley got the win . Perry played as well as they could. They just wasn't used to a physical play. On a neutral site Whitley would have beat them by 3 touchdowns. They are much improved. Good luck on the rest of your season PCC.
Someone that was actually there!!!!!!
On a side note, what a beautiful facility and place to play. That setting was A one.
zaga_fan Wrote:I've said it all year, the holes in that secondary - alongside th
Paparazzi Wrote:Zaga , I am old and fat and I could get open every play on Pcc. Woolum keeps making huge plays to try and pull out the win. But tonight it wasn't enough. He's a warrior!

eir affinity for racking up penalty yards - are what will kill them in big games.

Not sure what game you all were watching but that high octane offense of Whitley that everybody spouts about only scored three touchdowns and one was on a very short field on Perrys defense.
Plus Perrys secondary scored a defensive touchdown, so kinda confused from your statements.
Gummie Bear Wrote:Not sure what game you all were watching but that high octane offense of Whitley that everybody spouts about only scored three touchdowns and one was on a very short field on Perrys defense.
Plus Perrys secondary scored a defensive touchdown, so kinda confused from your statements.

So you think Perry's secondary isn't a weakness?
zaga_fan Wrote:So you think Perry's secondary isn't a weakness?

Think every team has a weakness but to say they were reason for the loss which is way I felt it sounded wasn't fair.
You hear all over EKY all preseason how good the air raid Franklin offense is supposed to be over at WC and then Perry played really well with pick 6 and giving up just three scores and usually on short field wasn't too shabby. All I was saying
TheRock Wrote:Gut, were you able to make the game last night?

No, and I apologize.
I forgot you had to actually be there to have an opinion.
Listening on the radio just doesn't cut it.
Thanks for your insight. We are completely lost without it.