Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Perry Central
37.50%
Whitley County
62.50%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley @ Perry 10/6
Seeing how Gut has called for a running clock alert and an emergency room afternoon, I don't see how you could go against that. I am going to use a quote by Lou Holtz that was featured in an episode of 30 for 30 and apply it to Perry Central. Perry Central is living a lie. That lie ends this week. Whitley County takes it.
LMAO, I cant take it any more.... since when has Whitley had a good football program???? They havent beat anyone any good this year. Corbin tinkered around with them in week 1. Beat a not so good Rock team. East Jessamine and Bell are really down. PCC has a good chance. Yeah PCC hasnt beaten any big time teams but neither has Whitley.
Westside Wrote:Seeing how Gut has called for a running clock alert and an emergency room afternoon, I don't see how you could go against that. I am going to use a quote by Lou Holtz that was featured in an episode of 30 for 30 and apply it to Perry Central. Perry Central is living a lie. That lie ends this week. Whitley County takes it.

:Clap:
I guess Harlan County and North Laurel must be state title contenders the way everyone is raving about Whitley County.
The_Rock Wrote:LMAO, I cant take it any more.... since when has Whitley had a good football program???? They havent beat anyone any good this year. Corbin tinkered around with them in week 1. Beat a not so good Rock team. East Jessamine and Bell are really down. PCC has a good chance. Yeah PCC hasnt beaten any big time teams but neither has Whitley.

Rock beat Whitley tho TongueirateSho
zaga_fan Wrote:I guess Harlan County and North Laurel must be state title contenders the way everyone is raving about Whitley County.

It's hard to believe but those two have the talent to take home the 6A title if they want :welcome:
The_Rock Wrote:LMAO, I cant take it any more.... since when has Whitley had a good football program???? They havent beat anyone any good this year. Corbin tinkered around with them in week 1. Beat a not so good Rock team. East Jessamine and Bell are really down. PCC has a good chance. Yeah PCC hasnt beaten any big time teams but neither has Whitley.

They didn't beat Rockcastle
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:It's hard to believe but those two have the talent to take home the 6A title if they want :welcome:

No one is winning 6a but Trinity and no one will win 5a but Covington catholic
diceman Wrote:No one is winning 6a but Trinity and no one will win 5a but Covington catholic

You can't convince anyone trinity is any better than perry at this point. Theyre undefeated record proves they are the team to beat in the entire state. Beating mccreary in overtime let me know they were for real.

It's crazy to think North and Harlan County are even better.
diceman Wrote:No one is winning 6a but Trinity and no one will win 5a but Covington catholic

Putting down the trolling for a second, youre crazy if you think cov cath will easily handle bowling green.
They may win state as you say, but BG will be no pushover.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Rock beat Whitley tho TongueirateSho

Thanks for pointing out that Whitley is actually worse than he thought.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You can't convince anyone trinity is any better than perry at this point. Theyre undefeated record proves they are the team to beat in the entire state. Beating mccreary in overtime let me know they were for real.

It's crazy to think North and Harlan County are even better.

Listen, RUITB.
No one's trying to say Perry is a state title contender. I'm just telling you this shouldn't be a running clock type of game.
Confidence is what this bunch has right now. They will be more than ready to play this game. I'm going to be in attendance to watch.
Truthhurts Wrote:If Whitley loses is Chappell on the hot seat?

You want him back don't you? lol

Corbin most certainly did not tinker with them.:ChairHit:
zaga_fan Wrote:I guess Harlan County and North Laurel must be state title contenders the way everyone is raving about Whitley County.

Friday night you'll see why they are raving about Whitley County.
bac2369 Wrote:Confidence is what this bunch has right now. They will be more than ready to play this game. I'm going to be in attendance to watch.

You're a true Colonel Confusednicker:
Perry will be playing for (by my calculations) the best start in school history.
zaga_fan Wrote:Listen, RUITB.
No one's trying to say Perry is a state title contender. I'm just telling you this shouldn't be a running clock type of game.

What are you talking about?
I AM SAYING THAT.
I don't know if Whitley can hang after what Perry did to Breathitt but I know Whitley fans would be ecstatic if they could stay within 5 TDs of that state power.
Cov Cath will never know what hit them.
zaga_fan Wrote:Perry will be playing for (by my calculations) the best start in school history.

How fun for Whitley TongueirateSho
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Putting down the trolling for a second, youre crazy if you think cov cath will easily handle bowling green.
They may win state as you say, but BG will be no pushover.

I never ever said in my post that Covington Catholic would easily handle BG.

I said simply that Covington Catholic would win 5a

Don't try to put words in my mouth or post.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:What are you talking about?
I AM SAYING THAT.
I don't know if Whitley can hang after what Perry did to Breathitt but I know Whitley fans would be ecstatic if they could stay within 5 TDs of that state power.
Cov Cath will never know what hit them.
That big time win over The Bobcats strikes fear over everybody in Whitley County Confusednicker: . That overtime win in the season opener is also worrisome.
pjdoug Wrote:You're a true Colonel Confusednicker:

Doug I like both... my pic on here those are Whitley jerseys.
Whitley has play good comp but Perry is better than you think. the district is weak and Whitley away from home. Whitley play Corbin tough but that like a rivalry game Whitley has fallen off some the past couple of weeks. Perry wins and will beat North next week. Whitley and North both plays bad here at Perry they never play a good game here. District Championship Oct 20 at Harlan County. PCC and Harlan. Fire away
Covington Catholic a 7 to 14 point better team than any team in 5A seen them play earlier in the year. i like to see them play Trinity. It be a great game.
hoghead Wrote:Whitley has play good comp but Perry is better than you think. the district is weak and Whitley away from home. Whitley play Corbin tough but that like a rivalry game Whitley has fallen off some the past couple of weeks. Perry wins and will beat North next week. Whitley and North both plays bad here at Perry they never play a good game here. District Championship Oct 20 at Harlan County. PCC and Harlan. Fire away

Whitley is 9-3 against Perry all time.
6-0 at home
3-3 on the road

So yes, Whitley does struggle at perry, but those three losses were the worst 3 Whitley teams since the 80s.
2007 2-9
2011- 3-8
2013- 1-10
This team isn't.
Perry by 7. Close game.
Torn on this one, only because I think Tom Larkey is one hell of a high school coach, and because Whitley is coming off a bad loss, plus playing in a tough place to get a break. I have no doubt Perry Central is much improved, but too much talent with Whitley. Colonels 48-20.
bac2369 Wrote:Doug I like both... my pic on here those are Whitley jerseys.

I have a black jersey Smile
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Whitley is 9-3 against Perry all time.
6-0 at home
3-3 on the road

So yes, Whitley does struggle at perry, but those three losses were the worst 3 Whitley teams since the 80s.
2007 2-9
2011- 3-8
2013- 1-10
This team isn't.

Whitley County has put up some big numbers on the scoreboard over the years against the commodores.:biggrin: